SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Solyom2 05-14-17 06:19 AM

Thanks. Now I see, x512 is the max.

But I still cant find any auto TDC hints. Or anything about TDC.

vdr1981 05-14-17 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solyom2 (Post 2483979)
Thanks. Now I see, x512 is the max.

But I still cant find any auto TDC hints. Or anything about TDC.

Are you sure that you have played SH games for years because in all of them you can edit gameplay settings only in the bunker and during pauses between patrols...
Also why did you start your campaign with medium/hard settings in the first place if you wish to play "easy" ?

gezahu 05-14-17 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483975)
Binoculars or UZO? There is a mod for binocular bearing marks somewhere, I think it's made by Torpedo...

Impressive!

The binoculars not the UZO. I can stabilze the UZO with stabilize view but not the bino.

Solyom2 05-14-17 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483980)
Are you sure that you have played SH games for years because in all of them you can edit gameplay settings only in the bunker and during pauses between patrols...
Also why did you start your campaign with medium/hard settings in the first place if you wish to play "easy" ?

Sorry, if im silly.

I set easy settings when I started to play, in the bunker. However, the game changed it back later. Now I managed to get what I want.

anyway, I managed to sink my first ship with manual targetting.

Perhaps Im the noob, but It seems to me, the ato TDC isnt the same "easy" like in the previous games.
Yes, in SH3 I just lock the target and shoot. Now when I lock the target, I even dont get that green-yellow-orange triangle. I got nothing information. And when I shoot the torpedo, it goes where my periscope looking.

I dont know if it's a WoS mod component, or TDC was like this in stock SH5 too.

Just the SH5 is very new for me, its much different than 3 and 4.
So I there is any tutorial about WoS auto torpedo solution or video, anything. Or somebody could help me what should I do even, because I feel myself really confused now :hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 05-14-17 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solyom2 (Post 2484003)
Sorry, if im silly.

I set easy settings when I started to play, in the bunker. However, the game changed it back later. Now I managed to get what I want.

anyway, I managed to sink my first ship with manual targetting.

Perhaps Im the noob, but It seems to me, the ato TDC isnt the same "easy" like in the previous games.
Yes, in SH3 I just lock the target and shoot. Now when I lock the target, I even dont get that green-yellow-orange triangle. I got nothing information. And when I shoot the torpedo, it goes where my periscope looking.

I dont know if it's a WoS mod component, or TDC was like this in stock SH5 too.

Just the SH5 is very new for me, its much different than 3 and 4.
So I there is any tutorial about WoS auto torpedo solution or video, anything. Or somebody could help me what should I do even, because I feel myself really confused now :hmmm:

Read the F1 help. You have buttons in the GUI and keys for lock and unlock targets. With " X" you lock the view on target. The bar on the upper right has a little button (circle); click and you will see new buttons; there is a button for lock target and view " locked" messages on the ships. It is the equivalent of the triangles in SH3/SH4.

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 05-14-17 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483992)
The binoculars not the UZO. I can stabilze the UZO with stabilize view but not the bino.

That option could be somewhere in Cameras.cam files...:hmmm:

Solyom2 05-14-17 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2484007)
Read the F1 help. You have buttons in the GUI and keys for lock and unlock targets. With " X" you lock the view on target. The bar on the upper right has a little button (circle); click and you will see new buttons; there is a button for lock target and view " locked" messages on the ships. It is the equivalent of the triangles in SH3/SH4.

Good hunt!

Thank you, that was I was looking for. I used the spacebar first time, I thought it's that function.

I'm curious about the game. Thanks for your help:up:

fitzcarraldo 05-14-17 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solyom2 (Post 2484035)
Thank you, that was I was looking for. I used the spacebar first time, I thought it's that function.

I'm curious about the game. Thanks for your help:up:

Unselect Manual Targeting in the bunker before patrol or campaign. And use those commands. Also you can activate or not the TDC with the red button between the dials in the scope/UZO GUIs.

When you see how works it is the same as SH3. Try manual targeting with TWoS. A realistic experience.

LesBaker 05-14-17 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483910)
Sorry I cant find that info in the manual. Which page?

It's Page 133-134

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...psbvilwaaj.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...psfsotsycg.jpg

To work out the recharge time use formula Ah / Amp = time.

therefore assuming that your craft is travelling at 'Slow Ahead' using the information above the battery has a rating of 9160Ah, as the information states the charging is done in 3 phases, so for phase 1 the battery is charged at 1650 Amp.

9160Ah/3=3053.333

3053.333Ah/ 1650Amp=1.85 Hours

for phase 2 the amps are slowly reduced from 1650Amp to 415Amp giving an average of 1650-415=1235Amp

3053.333Ah/ 1235Amp=2.47 Hours

phase 3 3053.333Ah/ 415Amp=7.35 Hours

giving a total for normal charging off 1.85+2.47+7.35=11.67 Hours

for a 'Fast charge' the information states that it reduces the time by 1/3

11.67/3=3.89
giving a 'fast charge' time of 11.67-3.89=7.78Hours.

These figures are only an approximation as recharge systems do not work at 100% efficiency today never mind 80 years ago! you could probably add another 20% - 40% to these figures.

Les

gezahu 05-15-17 08:04 AM

Thanks Baker
That was informative and convincing. I have searched a lot for this info and it was right in front of me but could not do the math :)
Anyway my conclusion is that TWOS needs some refinement , and the Stock game is way off (as ubisoft usually is) as I measured some 110km range with a 12-17 hours recharge with a fully upgraded motorman with my tweaks you get 160 km (which is the hystorical range of 90nm) and can recharge in 8-10 hours.

I did not expect ubisoft to modell battery life/cycle perfectly as it is a very broad issue from mostly temperature to the tiredness (life cycle) of the battery a lot of variables should have been calculated, but being so off really pisses me off.

gezahu 05-15-17 12:22 PM

I did not like the too sterile and shiny inner environment of the sub so I made based on Xenomervs textures a darker, grimer, smokier one, like Das Boot, it is fully compatible with TWOS:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hbma2r...k_Interior.rar

Tonci87 05-15-17 12:35 PM

Screenshots please :)

vdr1981 05-15-17 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2484275)
Screenshots please :)

+1:yep:

Note that interior of German submarines was actually painted in white despite all the movies...

http://www.uboataces.com/news/control-room.jpg

fitzcarraldo 05-15-17 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2484286)
+1:yep:

Note that interior of German submarines was actually painted in white despite all the movies...

But that is an actual photo of a restored interior (I suppose U-995 in Laboe). Now in Chicago, captured U-505 interior was painted grey when I visited it (2012). In the B/W photos of the period, they look more dark than a plain white (maybe rusty or dirty...).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-15-17 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2484270)
I did not like the too sterile and shiny inner environment of the sub so I made based on Xenomervs textures a darker, grimer, smokier one, like Das Boot, it is fully compatible with TWOS:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hbma2r...k_Interior.rar

Interesting. I have the Rusted Glory mod, with darker and rusty interiors.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute: