SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 10-24-16 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2442524)
Sure, why not...Right now it's "only" 500. should it be lower, or maybe free?

Or the other, useful paint schemes could be more expensive :06:

vdr1981 10-24-16 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2442527)
Or the other, useful paint schemes could be more expensive :06:

The other is tiger stripes paint and it costs 1500. That's high enough for early war I would say...

Tonci87 10-24-16 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2442528)
The other is tiger stripes paint and it costs 1500. That's high enough for early war I would say...

Well, maybe a price of 200 or 300 for the training paint then.

Torpedo 10-24-16 05:39 AM

Hi Vecko!
Perhaps I have found a way to have the lamp over the dinner table:

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps7yqwi5cn.jpg

I found the TheBeast mod "Room_QR1" that contains two other mods.
The mods are to be activated in this way:

Room_QR1
Room_QR1_No_Food
SMInt_NFnF_Nvidia Lights Fix 2 (your mod)
nVidia missing lights (this mod for nVidia graphics card)

For me it has to eliminate the halo of the lamp above the dinner table.

Torpedo

vdr1981 10-24-16 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2442531)
Hi Vecko!
Perhaps I have found a way to have the lamp over the dinner table:

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps7yqwi5cn.jpg

I found the TheBeast mod "Room_QR1" that contains two other mods.
The mods are to be activated in this way:

Room_QR1
Room_QR1_No_Food
SMInt_NFnF_Nvidia Lights Fix 2 (your mod)
nVidia missing lights (this mod for nVidia graphics card)

For me it has to eliminate the halo of the lamp above the dinner table.

Torpedo

nVidia missing lights fix is part of TWoS since v 1.01...:yep:

Raven Morpheus 10-24-16 01:53 PM

Just want to say thank you for this mega mod.

However I have a couple of questions/requests regards one or two features, the speech and some text -

As I don't speak or read German fluently (I'm English), I only know a couple of key words and phrases, is there anyway I can change the speech back to English speech? It seems odd to have a mix of English and German being spoken, and also how can the text on for example the Sub Systems page be changed back to English?

Is there also a way to get rid of the annoying "plotting course, returning to course" speech every time I plot a course on the maps (I'm guessing it's just a matter of replacing the sound files with "empty" ones?

Also is there a tutorial on using the the Enigma machine for decoding messages? I've done a quick search, here and on Google, but have drawn a blank.

And lastly - there were sound mods made for SH3 (which also worked in SH4) which added actual speech (in English, but also available in German) taken from the Das Boot movie, and other ambient sounds such as the sound of the captain and crew going through the dive routine. Are there any plans to include such sounds in this mega mod (do they even exist for SH5, and apologies if it's already included, I may have overlooked it)?

Thanks.

skin-nl 10-24-16 01:53 PM

I used the beastmod room_qr1 and your last nvidia lights fix and it works :yeah:

longdog499 10-24-16 05:02 PM

Apologies for a probably dumb question but should 1.06 be installed as well as 1.05 or instead of? :hmmm:

kevinsue 10-24-16 05:24 PM

No...Just 1.06 and follow the install procedure in the first post exactly. :yep:

longdog499 10-24-16 05:50 PM

Thank you kevinsue. :up:

kevinsue 10-24-16 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus (Post 2442597)
As I don't speak or read German fluently (I'm English), I only know a couple of key words and phrases, is there anyway I can change the speech back to English speech? It seems odd to have a mix of English and German being spoken, and also how can the text on for example the Sub Systems page be changed back to English?

The German voices are meant to add ambience to the game and whatever is spoken in that language is translated to English in the message box and Ships log. If you really want to change this back to English without reinstalling SH5, (there is a language option available during installation) use the link below to download file and extract into the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder and install with JSGME after the TWoS 1.06 mods. This file is from the "vanilla" SH5 v1.2

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwubay...ish_Voices.zip

Quote:

Is there also a way to get rid of the annoying "plotting course, returning to course" speech every time I plot a course on the maps (I'm guessing it's just a matter of replacing the sound files with "empty" ones?

If you use the Real Nav option in TWoS, you should never hear those phrases. :yep:

Quote:

Also is there a tutorial on using the the Enigma machine for decoding messages? I've done a quick search, here and on Google, but have drawn a blank.

Here is an excellent tutorial by POTUS regarding the Enigma machine. There is also a manual which can be found in the TWoS documentation found in you main SH5 root directory here: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\ENIGMA M4 by SkyBaron\SkyBaron's Enigma M4 manual 1.02.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_WcVBRkRg

Quote:

And lastly - there were sound mods made for SH3 (which also worked in SH4) which added actual speech (in English, but also available in German) taken from the Das Boot movie, and other ambient sounds such as the sound of the captain and crew going through the dive routine. Are there any plans to include such sounds in this mega mod (do they even exist for SH5, and apologies if it's already included, I may have overlooked it)?

Many of the sounds from the various sound mods are included in TWoS but in such a way to keep the game stable. Make certain that you follow the installation instructions for TWoS in the first post of this thread and also check out this tutorial by TheNorseCast on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wo1zDMjn90

and also check out THEBURBSTER's Tutorials here: for just about everything you may want to ask or know about SH5 :up:

EDIT: Don't know how come how the actual links to YouTube were imbedded...I was trying to link to the actual channel :hmmm:

Raven Morpheus 10-24-16 06:51 PM

Thanks for the voices, but I'm sure there are some extra ones, not in the vanilla set, added that are in German. I have Sober's speech fix and additional voices mode in English which I could install if that's what has been used.

I don't mind voices in the background being in German (hence the reason I asked about the Das Boot stuff available for SH3/SH4), for ambience, it's just the key speech I'd prefer in English - I tend to keep the message box minimised and out of the way so a translation in there isn't all that helpful and I find it's rather disjointed to hear the guy who sends the weather reports (is Benno the sonar guy or the radio guy?) speaking in English most of the time and then German all of a sudden - I think there's one message where he speaks in English but uses the German word for bearing during the message!.

I don't use real nav, I'm not that hardcore a player.

I'll watch that vid by Potus, the Enigma machine and coded messages seem like a interesting addition to the game. I was hoping to decode the first message you get before you are told to go to Kiel, but unfortunately the game doesn't save the radio messages and when you reload a save (as I have) you don't see previous radio messages so I've lost that one. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

kevinsue 10-24-16 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus (Post 2442637)
Thanks for the voices

:up:
Adding other mods to TWoS is not recommended as you can easily reintroduce instabilities back into the game and undo all the work the vdr1981 has done to make this mod dependable and stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus (Post 2442637)
I'll watch that vid by Potus, the Enigma machine and coded messages seem like a interesting addition to the game. I was hoping to decode the first message you get before you are told to go to Kiel, but unfortunately the game doesn't save the radio messages and when you reload a save (as I have) you don't see previous radio messages so I've lost that one. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

You need to create a "Ships Journal" in the main SH5 UI before you start your patrol or otherwise before you start your last savegame. After you have started a Ship's Journal, it will update and save each time you exit to the main SH5 UI. If you exit directly to Windows, the journal will not be updated. If you want to import a previous Super mark or Nav marks etc, you can do this by using the import tab on the Ship's Journal. Make sure you don't have the "Read Journal entries" box selected otherwise you will end up with multiple entries of the same thing.:D

Raven Morpheus 10-24-16 07:35 PM

I know, adding stuff adds instabilities, it's just that I like all my important speech to be in English (I don't mind a German accent, in fact that's preferable) but I also like the Das Boot background speech and effects I've got in SH3 and Sh4. I note from the list of mods on the 1st page that the Das Boot music mod is used, but not anything else Das Boot, and looking at the files in TWoS there are files that are added that aren't in the vanilla speech files (there's a couple for the sonar guy - MC_RR_HIDRO_117.ogg in the "normal" folder for example). Wish I could shut the speech up altogether when using the Harbor Pilot scripts though, boy does it get annoying!

I'll create a ships journal and start again, I seem to have broken my campaign a little anyhow as when I got to Kiel I couldn't get a mission so I started a patrol anyway, then ended it immediately, knowing it would advance time and hopefully force the campaign to update properly. Problem was the next set of missions available contained Breaking The Fortress, however the due date on that mission was before the date when I started my next patrol so there was no use taking that mission (The date I requested the mission (i.e. when I'm in port) was Sept 27th, BTF ends on Oct 5th, I set to sea on my next patrol on Oct 21st!!).

There was one other thing, I note that the "identify target" option has been removed from the WO.

Is there a shortcut key for that, has it been moved somewhere I'm not seeing, or can I put it back in (is it an OFEV option?)? As a non-hardcore player I find that really helpful in confirming my manual identification.

kevinsue 10-24-16 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus (Post 2442642)
Ah right, how do I create a "ships journal"?

There was one other thing, I note that the "identify target" option has been removed from the WO.

Is there a shortcut key for that, has it been moved somewhere I'm not seeing, or can I put it back in (is it an OFEV option?)?

Just click on the "Ships Journal" tab in the main SH5 UI and type in a name for the journal...done. :D

Enable the TWoS "Wind and Smoke" additional mod with JSGME which has been placed in the MODS folder by the main TWoS install to enable the identify target option. Ensure the mod installation order is per http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703 :yep: