SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 03-25-16 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392335)
i can explain how to find the approximate convoy / ship heading from a bdu message.

Example:



Convoy report at 49.43N, 12.49W heading NNE speed medium

49.43 degree is from the equator 49 degree to north with tdw's ui u can see map coordinators on the left and right side of the map....for the 43 min use my chart for that.
12.49 is also simple u need to go to west 12 degree from GMT which one is 0 degree and the 49 also u my chart for that.

Now for the course.

N = 349 - 11
NNE = 11 - 34
NE = 34 - 56
ENE = 68 - 79
E = 79 - 101
ESE = 101 - 124
SE = 124 - 146
SSE = 149 - 169
S = 169 - 191
SSW = 191 - 214
SW = 214 - 236
WSW = 236 - 259
W = 259 - 281
WNW = 281 - 304
NW = 304 - 326
NNW = 236 - 349

so the convoy heading is NNE which one mean is between 11 - 13 degrees

hanks for the info Sjizzle! :up:

What would be really useful IMO is if someone could enhance tool helper appearance to something like this and to reflect previous info...

http://s6.postimg.org/58beg15o1/SH5_...0_23_26_51.jpg

What do you think Sjizzle? Could you do that?:hmm2:

palmic 03-25-16 06:03 AM

Wow, that's nice!

Sjizzle 03-25-16 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392346)
hanks for the info Sjizzle! :up:

What would be really useful IMO is if someone could enhance tool helper appearance to something like this and to reflect previous info...



What do you think Sjizzle? Could you do that?:hmm2:


yea i can make something like that .....i will need a day or 2 cos a bit bussy in RL :D

palmic 03-25-16 07:08 AM

If you will be on it, you could even think about making info chart for using large optics range estimation.

I dont need it, i printed it :)

But it seems to be a shame most of players dont use one of most important UI they have just because most of them dont know how to use that.

Sjizzle 03-25-16 07:15 AM

heya Vecko do u mean something like this



http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/015...yc8m8am4zg.jpg

vdr1981 03-25-16 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392356)
heya Vecko do u mean something like this

[/IMG]

Hey, those are Gap's tools right? I've totally forgot about them...:doh: I must check them, I should probably find there what I need ...:up:

Sjizzle 03-25-16 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2392360)
Hey, those are Gap's tools right? I've totally forgot about them...:doh: I must check them, I should probably find there what I need ...:up:


here we go some of them http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175050
and gap's one here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181432

palmic 03-25-16 11:58 AM

Hi guys, is there some historical mission supposed to be good for TDC training? I really like this situation, but from what i saw in TWOS, there is nothing like this in historical missions.

siege00 03-25-16 12:20 PM

Hi Vecko and Sjizzle,

Would it be possible to include a mod to the MoBo that's included in Charts(E)? In Makman's UI, he made the MoBo so that only the top (or edges) were draggable so that one could plot over the top of it. I think that'd be a great addition since one could then plot and do relative motion analysis.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Siege

Sjizzle 03-25-16 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2392444)
Hi Vecko and Sjizzle,

Would it be possible to include a mod to the MoBo that's included in Charts(E)? In Makman's UI, he made the MoBo so that only the top (or edges) were draggable so that one could plot over the top of it. I think that'd be a great addition since one could then plot and do relative motion analysis.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Siege

for that one we need TDW back or some with TDW's Skills i know that in DrJones MagUI for SH5 u can do it too which one is nothing else then Makman's SH3 UI :D

vdr1981 03-25-16 01:32 PM

Has anyone played any Mediterranean campaign recently? Some impressions?:hmm2:

palmic 03-25-16 01:45 PM

Sometimes i experience strange thing.
Right now i have 15m wind in report, but sea is absolutely calm

Sjizzle 03-25-16 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392465)
Sometimes i experience strange thing.
Right now i have 15m wind in report, but sea is absolutely calm

i remember something about this wind and sea bug there was a fix made by fifi....i need do a search for it

Edit:

Found it :D

DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved) (date added: 9 May 2013)
This is a big improvement over the Wave Mechanics - Gale optional mod featured in DynEnv v2.9, which now contains Fifi's tweaks (thank you again mate!). JSGME ready. Enable it any time in place of any other wave mechanics mod. Compatible with DynEnv v2.9 - Sobers Best Ever Tweaks (enabled DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved) and let JSGME to overwrite the conflicting file).

palmic 03-25-16 02:12 PM

Give it a try, thanks! :salute:

I just need to wait till night and solve small convoy i shadow :D

vdr1981 03-25-16 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392465)
Sometimes i experience strange thing.
Right now i have 15m wind in report, but sea is absolutely calm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392466)
i remember something about this wind and sea bug there was a fix made by fifi....i need do a search for it

Edit:

Found it :D

DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved) (date added: 9 May 2013)
This is a big improvement over the Wave Mechanics - Gale optional mod featured in DynEnv v2.9, which now contains Fifi's tweaks (thank you again mate!). JSGME ready. Enable it any time in place of any other wave mechanics mod. Compatible with DynEnv v2.9 - Sobers Best Ever Tweaks (enabled DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved) and let JSGME to overwrite the conflicting file).

Known game issue, no fix. The weather will return to normal after next weather change. SeaPerameters.cfg settings (waves mechanics) can't help here...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.