SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kapuhy 01-26-21 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2724843)
Now my question: Can it could be that if you sank German ships, then the game crash or just freezed when open the logbook after sunk a German ship? If I load for testing a single mission and sunk a british or american ship I do not have this issue.

This issue was reported here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=720

Apparently, sinking a friendly ship may cause game to CTD when entering captains log. SH5 seems to be CTD'ing while trying to find missing court martial and execution cutscene :03:

GrenSo 01-26-21 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2724851)
This issue was reported here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=720

Apparently, sinking a friendly ship may cause game to CTD when entering captains log. SH5 seems to be CTD'ing while trying to find missing court martial and execution cutscene :03:


Okay, than it is clear and I will use for testings a save game from campaign with a british vessel in front of my sub. :03:

gap 01-26-21 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2724851)
This issue was reported here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=720

Apparently, sinking a friendly ship may cause game to CTD when entering captains log. SH5 seems to be CTD'ing while trying to find missing court martial and execution cutscene :03:

Someone should check if the same is happening in stock game. I am pretty confident that the bug was introduced with TDW's New UIs. If confirmed, that would help narrowing down the problem.

GrenSo 01-27-21 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2724870)
Someone should check if the same is happening in stock game. I am pretty confident that the bug was introduced with TDW's New UIs. If confirmed, that would help narrowing down the problem.


I done a short test with stock SH5 in a VM installation with VirtualBox and Win10 (Dev-Build 21296.1010). With last official Ubisoft patch 1.2.0 and I got the same issue/bug with it.
For the test I start new campaign with chapter Happy Time and suck directly the first German ship in front of my in Wilhelmshaven. Result was the same like in TWoS and the game freezed and sound hang in a loop.

gap 01-28-21 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2725059)
I done a short test with stock SH5 in a VM installation with VirtualBox and Win10 (Dev-Build 21296.1010). With last official Ubisoft patch 1.2.0 and I got the same issue/bug with it.
For the test I start new campaign with chapter Happy Time and suck directly the first German ship in front of my in Wilhelmshaven. Result was the same like in TWoS and the game freezed and sound hang in a loop.

Thank you for testing GrenSo, and sorry for wasting your time. I still believe that the problem is UI related, but tracking it down might be more complicated than I hoped...

WaffenPL 01-31-21 02:07 PM

Hello, got question about new subs. I just completed the first campaign i change the base to St.Lorient and iam still in VIIA no chance to upgrade it. Anyone got sollution?

Aktungbby 02-01-21 01:41 AM

welcome aboard!
 
WaffenPL!:Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004 02-02-21 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaffenPL (Post 2726156)
Hello, got question about new subs. I just completed the first campaign i change the base to St.Lorient and iam still in VIIA no chance to upgrade it. Anyone got sollution?




Here you can see when new subs are available:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...3&postcount=64

WaffenPL 02-02-21 12:23 PM

U dont understand my question. I Know the dates i just dont get the new boat.Iam now in western Aproches and still in VIIA ...

Sam.Willow 02-02-21 06:51 PM

I have a question.
 
In game it it February 1943. I have received a message to stop further hostilities and return to port. On the way their I am awarded with a "NEW" submarine. It looks like my Type VII sub but after boarding it I find that I have fewer torpedoes and a aft canon.


This seems a strange way to reward an ACE captain?


What is up with this?


Sam Willow

Muckenberg 02-02-21 11:11 PM

U-flak?

El Whacko 02-03-21 08:16 AM

Itís a U-FlaK. If you donít want it reload your last save before docking. And deny the offer for a new boat. You will get your VIIC/41 in the last campaign chapter in 1944.

Muckenberg 02-06-21 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2717776)
Yes, GM convoys (Gibraltar to Malta) have few American ships and escorts assigned, with random spawn chances. Someone sometimes thought that this is a good idea but I can not tell exactly why. Maybe some of these convoys historically indeed have American vessels in their composition? :hmmm:
Anyway, if this proves to be completely incorrect, it would be an easy fix to replace those ships with British...:yep:



Quite possible yes...:yep:





You mean to take supplies? Yes, for player's boat only those ports will allow refitting... :yep:


Good day
So I studied my materials for the US Navy's involvement in the May 1941 war in the Mediterranean. And I didn't find any mention of it. So if you could exchange US Navy ships for Royal Navy ships, it would be historically more faithful.
Now to Toulon. This port has been part of "neutral" unoccupied France since June 1940 and lasts until the German occupation in November 1942. The main components of the French war fleet are moored in this port and I really do not want to believe that it would be possible to supply German submarines.
If this is true, would the possibility of supply in Toulon be abolished?
I know, I don't have to sail there with my submarine and it's over.:D But this modification of the game would move TWoS more towards historical accuracy.
And I'd rather not write about crossing Gibraltar from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic.:D:D

Captain_AJ 02-06-21 02:58 PM

getting back in my boat
 
Tts been a long time bejing biden can eat some crack

Aktungbby 02-06-21 06:38 PM

Welcome back!
 
Captain_AJ!:Kaleun_Salute:nice silent run!:yeah:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.