SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   TWOS problems. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254190)

maillemaker 12-11-22 05:01 PM

TWOS problems.

So I have installed the latest TWOS per the instructions on top of a clean Steam install of SH5.

I have the verifier mod installed.

it almost never says I have a good load.

I created a new campaign, then saved and returned to main menu, then loaded the save. it says it's bad, but to ignore if you are entering or leaving the bunker (what if you are just *in* the bunker?).

https://i.imgur.com/kbGxkeZ.png

Just about every save game when I try to load it I get CTD.

KaleunMarco 12-11-22 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2842076)
So I have installed the latest TWOS per the instructions on top of a clean Steam install of SH5.

I have the verifier mod installed.

it almost never says I have a good load.

I created a new campaign, then saved and returned to main menu, then loaded the save. it says it's bad, but to ignore if you are entering or leaving the bunker (what if you are just *in* the bunker?).

Just about every save game when I try to load it I get CTD.

if you remove all of TWoS mods, does the game play okay?

Schizo 12-12-22 03:36 AM

i've never used the addon manager. i simply cut and paste the mod files into the directory for the designated files. make sure to read the fine print on the mod page. i finally got SH4 to work with FOTRSU megamod which is similar to TWOS mod for SH5.

if you don't find it working after a good effort, completely uninstall and reinstall your sim and start over. i had to do that a few times with both SH4/5 to get it right.

maillemaker 12-23-22 08:23 PM

OK, I've given myself a new computer for Christmas and so far, everything is running OK. I guess the new TWOS 2.2 requires more horsepower than my old 10 year old computer could give.

les green01 12-25-22 02:37 AM

campaign advance test 9 times out of 10 gives that message i don't enable it until i'm about to advance to the next campaign

maillemaker 12-27-22 12:25 PM

How do you know when you are about to advance to the next campaign?

les green01 01-01-23 01:12 AM

you will get a radio message

maillemaker 01-01-23 02:31 AM

After doing some digging, I re-learned that if you want the campaign to auto-advance, when you are getting close to the date of new campaign you have to set the priority of OSI.exe to real-time or high. Then it should auto-advance.

If not, there are instructions out there for how to manually cause the advance. Basically you need an in-port save of the old campaign after the start date, and an in-port save of the new campaign, and then you copy some files and edit another.

Steve

les green01 01-01-23 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2844953)
After doing some digging, I re-learned that if you want the campaign to auto-advance, when you are getting close to the date of new campaign you have to set the priority of OSI.exe to real-time or high. Then it should auto-advance.

If not, there are instructions out there for how to manually cause the advance. Basically you need an in-port save of the old campaign after the start date, and an in-port save of the new campaign, and then you copy some files and edit another.

Steve

i have never done it that way and have no problems you are making it harder for yourself than needed.you get the radio message save the game at this point the verfier is loaded start the game verifer will say if good or bad if says bad it might be a false hit if it said good load up the save do what the radio message say to do and your on your way

fitzcarraldo 01-01-23 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2844960)
i have never done it that way and have no problems you are making it harder for yourself than needed.you get the radio message save the game at this point the verfier is loaded start the game verifer will say if good or bad if says bad it might be a false hit if it said good load up the save do what the radio message say to do and your on your way

That is my way and works fine in my TWoS.

Happy New Year! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

maillemaker 01-01-23 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2844960)

I gave up on the verifier mod as every time I loaded a save it said it was bad.

Steve

les green01 01-03-23 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2845093)
I gave up on the verifier mod as every time I loaded a save it said it was bad.

Steve

whatever works use it just give the tommies hell:Kaleun_Cheers: