SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

finchOU 03-23-15 01:43 AM

Just started this Mod

and yikes I miss my modded keyboard layout. I was using Church's key commands and F1 layout. Can I just enable this mod after everything else and not crash WOS?

corporalspiffy 03-23-15 09:20 AM

SMOKE ON THE HORIZON!!

but the "Ziel" cant see me because MY boat doesnt have any exhaust.

TDW did produce an exhaust mod but did not include it in the WoS mod collection.

i activated his exhaust mod but it doesnt work with WoS.

a diesel sub at flank speed that doesnt have a dark cloud of smoke tailing it?

Shaefer 03-23-15 12:14 PM

Can I get default musick back?

Hey guys.
Is there a way to revert to the default music after I have installed the modpack?

kevinsue 03-23-15 12:43 PM

If you copy the entire (pristine) Silent Hunter 5/ Data/ Sound/ Music folder prior to installing any mods, you can just rename or delete the music folder and paste your pristine one back in it's place after you install all the mods.

I always keep a pristine copy of the entire 1.2 version of the game on my computer so you always have easy access to the original files if things go pear shaped...:D

kevinsue 03-23-15 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corporalspiffy (Post 2300158)
SMOKE ON THE HORIZON!!

TDW did produce an exhaust mod but did not include it in the WoS mod collection.

Some people have found this mod to cause random CTD's is some situations.

You get lots of black smoke once your boat gets fitted with a snorkel:up:

corporalspiffy 03-23-15 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2300214)
Some people have found this mod to cause random CTD's is some situations.

You get lots of black smoke once your boat gets fitted with a snorkel:up:

ok thanks

Dermeister 03-23-15 02:27 PM

SO i installed this mod followed the instructions. I haven't installed the Real navigation with JSGME. The game runs fine and i can see my sub on the map. Now the issue i'm havign is the minimap at the bottom left corner is dissabled... how do i enable it again? And secondly When i click on my sub to give it waypoint orders well... It dosent do anything asthough my waypoints are dissabled due to Real navigation... but i din't even install RN. So what i'm asking is for help and how to renable those features.

vdr1981 03-24-15 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2300073)
and yikes I miss my modded keyboard layout. I was using Church's key commands and F1 layout. Can I just enable this mod after everything else and not crash WOS?

My fix for ctrl+click on map cheat will be lost but other than that everything should be OK...
Quote:

Originally Posted by corporalspiffy (Post 2300158)
SMOKE ON THE HORIZON!!

You can add the mod and test it, that would be nice...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dermeister (Post 2300244)
SO i installed this mod followed the instructions. I haven't installed the Real navigation with JSGME. The game runs fine and i can see my sub on the map. Now the issue i'm havign is the minimap at the bottom left corner is dissabled... how do i enable it again? And secondly When i click on my sub to give it waypoint orders well... It dosent do anything asthough my waypoints are dissabled due to Real navigation... but i din't even install RN. So what i'm asking is for help and how to renable those features.

All those features are enabled with TWoS 1.03...

Shaefer 03-24-15 06:29 AM

I am also missing the TAI map, and can`t find a way to get it back. I don`t think I did anything wrong during install, because I installed twice, and the map was not there in the first install either.
I would also very much like to get the default binoculars back, if possible :Kaleun_Binocular:. I am not a pirate :arrgh!: looking through a looking glass. Is there a way?

vdr1981 03-24-15 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2300382)
I would also very much like to get the default binoculars back, if possible :Kaleun_Binocular:. I am not a pirate :arrgh!: looking through a looking glass. Is there a way?

I don't get you there, what do you mean?

P.S. Like I said tactical map is enabled , maybe you're using TWoS 1.02 ?

Shaefer 03-24-15 07:06 AM

No, I am using 1.03 and 1.03 patch 4. Still no TAI map. I downloaded it yesterday.
"Edit" I found the TAI map. But the binoculars are still strange.
When I look through my binoculars it is just like looking through the periscope, with one circle, you know? Not like default binoculars with two circles.

vdr1981 03-24-15 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2300394)
No, I am using 1.03 and 1.03 patch 4. Still no TAI map. I downloaded it yesterday.
When I look through my binoculars it is just like looking through the periscope, with one circle, you know? Not like default binoculars with two circles.

Two circles view is not realistic, when you look through real binoculars there is only one circle...

Check TAI map options tab in TDW options file editor viewer...

Shaefer 03-24-15 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2300401)
Two circles view is not realistic, when you look through real binoculars there is only one circle...

Check TAI map options tab in TDW options file editor viewer...

I`ll rest my case. :O: I will get used to the new binoculars after a while.
Thank you very much. :salute:

vdr1981 03-24-15 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2300402)
I`ll rest my case. :O: I will get used to the new binoculars after a while.
Thank you very much. :salute:

Regarding TAI map problem, do you have this button?

http://s6.postimg.org/64fyg7i41/SH5_...4_13_46_59.jpg

rav007 03-24-15 04:55 PM

Mission problem

Hi !
i got another problem, this time its a lack of next mission from my comander in a port. I need to go for a patrol without any purpose. I dident made the deadline from my previous mission, is that the problem ?