SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Hjalfnar 08-06-18 05:09 PM

Well, as they have an end date I am pretty sure they will disappear. I think the term vdr1981 used was Flotilla Objectives.

For the enigma orders, I have received two unreadable messages during my Danzig operation in some code, I assume those are the Enigma transmissions. Now I have to figure out how to decode them. Interestingly vdr1981 doid not state at any point in his WoS campaign description that you will receive orders via enigma, so this is news for me. xD

Alright, I will now just wait some time in front of the harbor of Kiel and hopefully the Scapa Flow flotilla objective will show up when I dock.

Edit: Yupp, Flotilla Objective "Breaking the fortress" disappeared after I redocked and picked it up...at undocking one month had past and I lost my objective. -.-

THEBERBSTER 08-07-18 05:26 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > jaraya
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

vdr1981 08-07-18 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2564114)
Well, as they have an end date I am pretty sure they will disappear. I think the term vdr1981 used was Flotilla Objectives.

For the enigma orders, I have received two unreadable messages during my Danzig operation in some code, I assume those are the Enigma transmissions. Now I have to figure out how to decode them. Interestingly vdr1981 doid not state at any point in his WoS campaign description that you will receive orders via enigma, so this is news for me. xD

Alright, I will now just wait some time in front of the harbor of Kiel and hopefully the Scapa Flow flotilla objective will show up when I dock.

Edit: Yupp, Flotilla Objective "Breaking the fortress" disappeared after I redocked and picked it up...at undocking one month had past and I lost my objective. -.-

Never mind...Prien did it for you! :)
Check documentation and learn how to tweak your days spent in bunker.
Cheers.

vdr1981 08-07-18 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2564063)
Hello
Those sharpsmen served on a NKSMM type ship.

I'll deal with this in the next update...:yep:

Quote:

:Kaleun_Salute:Do you think you could add the classical smoke of the damaged ships from the base game as an optional mod?
Not in the main package but I could attach it here if you like. I'll have to explore first which files are responsible for smoke effects and see If I could replace them without problems. This may be a bit more complicated than it sounds.:hmm2:

vdr1981 08-07-18 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarraya (Post 2564043)
Just installed SH5 and TWoS - fantastic mod!
I have a problem that I am not seeing the mission descriptions on the map. When I get to choose the mission I get a "ref.object" text in the mission description box and text. Can someone suggest a fix?

Remove "read only" attributes from your main install folder and ensure full administration rights.

Cheers and welcome to Subsim!:salute:

Captain_AJ 08-07-18 03:12 PM

Hello All

Having played SH5 before with a huge MOD soup, I will say that TWOS has been the best thing that ever happened to SH5 hands down!! :Kaleun_Applaud:

However. it is frustrating for me that A lot people, have problems with simple install technique. I wish that I could be more of help in solving your issue's. At once before I had the same issues of pop-ups and CTD's . and in the earlier versions of SH5 the huge mod soups caused all of this, There have been many times . with a frustration factor, were I removed - re-installed and got the same problem's before .. so then I quit Sh5 and put it on the shelf and started playing SH4 FOTRS -- Now that was on my earlier computer . I now have a new rig and did the exact to the T install of the instruction's -- I have had no problems. In my mind, I am thinking that a lot of problems are because of how your computer is set-up. I have found that turning off things like windows recovery, doing things to optimize your memory and cleaning the comp of duplicate files can help in the problem solving of issues I don't know for sure .. but I have had success in getting things done. I certain that other programmes can interfere with the loading of your game, which will cause the pop-ups and CTD's. I now use a program that shuts off everything that runs in the back round and there are many of these programs that are similar -- I use this to cleanly start my game -- it is called Razor cortex

https://www.razer.com/cortex

Another thing that can be done is use this advice for setting up your comp for gaming. it applies to FSX flight simulator but it gets those files that are un-necessary to never be started.it can configure your comp to run efficiently I am using win7 and I hate win 10 LOL. It can be applied for SH5

this is the address to that information

https://www.simforums.com/forums/the...opic46211.html

Some of us Veteran SH5 simmers.K now a way to get rid of U play altogether. Pm me and I'll tell you how ( hope I don't get banned). this is all in the breath of helping ..

I have seen where all seem to start their campaign's in polish water's. I have never done that campaign but use "silenotto" to skip campaigns .. Now doing op drumbeat with 17 kills and the goal is 20 before going back to the bunker

Anyways all I wish I was more of a comp wiz when it comes to your issues -- VDR must have his hands full with the same similar question's :Kaleun_Salute:

Urzhad 08-07-18 07:36 PM

New Buttons in the top of the screen

Couldn't seem to find any information on what these new buttons do.

They are respectively a radio tower and two unclear maps that do not have a tool tip.

So what exactly do they do?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

Aktungbby 08-07-18 07:42 PM

welcome aboard!

Urzhad!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-08-18 03:42 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Urzhad

Greenwich 08-08-18 05:36 AM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for quite a long time. I mainly play SH3 as SH5 was plauged by an awful lot of bugs that made the gameplay way too frustrating.

I read the first post and the features/bugfixes list and I'm not asking you to repeat it again, yet I would like to know if this mod offers a somewhat "vanilla" game experience without the bugs or alters it as the Grey Wolves mod did with SH3.

Right now I would like to enjoy the original game: mods is something I usually play later on...

Hjalfnar 08-08-18 05:57 AM

@vdr1981 thank you, found the mention of the option to change the docking time and used it. Now it is the 15th September and I have the mission to break into Scapa Flow. Nice! Will do so on a veeeery long stream on Friday evening.^^

One last question: I can't find any specific date when the bulk of the Home Fleet left Scapa Flow, before Prien with U-47 attacked. First, do you guys know when Sir Forbes gave the order to disperse the Home Fleet...and second, are there probably more ships in Scapa Flow before that date ingame?

skin-nl 08-08-18 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenwich (Post 2564282)
Right now I would like to enjoy the original game: mods is something I usually play later on...

Hi Greenwich :salute:
SHV with the wolves of steel mod is what you need.
It's like the Original game should have been when it came out.
You won't regret it :up:

Michael

Fifi 08-08-18 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenwich (Post 2564282)
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for quite a long time. I mainly play SH3 as SH5 was plauged by an awful lot of bugs that made the gameplay way too frustrating.

I read the first post and the features/bugfixes list and I'm not asking you to repeat it again, yet I would like to know if this mod offers a somewhat "vanilla" game experience without the bugs or alters it as the Grey Wolves mod did with SH3.

There are not that much bugs in TWOS sh5 if installed correctly.

In fact, i can mention only 2...
First one is the speed telegraph (only when submerged) that is always showing one speed down in regard of what i ordered. As soon as i run on diesel surface, telegraph is fine.
So i suspect an electric engine bug with telegraph.
That from sh5 day one release!

Second and biggest one, is the fog bug on save game.
Very annoying issue for me. But others could not care about it though.
Also day one bug that no modder can break through.

Global weather is not very changing too. You can have fog for days as well as bad weather.

But all in all, that’s about it.

THEBERBSTER 08-08-18 04:27 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Greenwich

Captain_AJ 08-08-18 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2564307)
There are not that much bugs in TWOS sh5 if installed correctly.

In fact, i can mention only 2...
First one is the speed telegraph (only when submerged) that is always showing one speed down in regard of what i ordered. As soon as i run on diesel surface, telegraph is fine.
So i suspect an electric engine bug with telegraph.
That from sh5 day one release!

Second and biggest one, is the fog bug on save game.
Very annoying issue for me. But others could not care about it though.
Also day one bug that no modder can break through.

Global weather is not very changing too. You can have fog for days as well as bad weather.

But all in all, that’s about it.

Than FiFi you can hydro hunt for days...... I am all about hydro hunting -- not an easy task but has gotten me my last 3 kills :) :)