SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Katze 12-07-17 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor4200 (Post 2529689)
another quick question I switched back to TWOS, it has the start screen cinematics of old films with u boats but, the title says silent hunter 5 open horizons? is this what's supposed to be displayed?

Yes, that's proper, as Open Horizons II is the campaign mod used in TWOS.

connor4200 12-07-17 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetlord (Post 2529599)
Top right of the map there's a button that brings down a load of options. Then check the box called "Torpedo solution line". That should do it. :salute:

can u send me a screenshot of yours? for some reason I have check boxes with no name lol as well as dialogue with some of the characters it's just blank

connor4200 12-07-17 11:07 PM

as well allot of me text in game isn't visible for example the messages u get in the bottom right from crew and some character dialogue, and it doesn't say screws over the screws buttons any idea what might be causing this?

Sauroketh 12-08-17 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2528391)
https://s6.postimg.org/cl1dwddo1/111_-_copy_9x_A.jpg

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Do I still have to disable the
1) hydrophone circle
2) sonar circle
3) visual circle

with TWoS version 2.1.0?

Thank you in advance, sir.

P.S. Any signs of German localization?
If I had the texts to be translated, I would eagerly translate them. For free.

pelucho25 12-08-17 12:12 PM

Contacts on the map in the Wolves of Steel
 
Hello, captains, I would like to know if there are any mod that modifies the contacts in the map as in the NYGM TONNAGE or TMO style mods where they are represented as a point or are not visible if the map gets too close.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

excel4004 12-08-17 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelucho25 (Post 2529865)
Hello, captains, I would like to know if there are any mod that modifies the contacts in the map as in the NYGM TONNAGE or TMO style mods where they are represented as a point or are not visible if the map gets too close.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Please stop spamming in this Forum! :spammm:

Muppetlord 12-08-17 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor4200 (Post 2529782)
can u send me a screenshot of yours? for some reason I have check boxes with no name lol as well as dialogue with some of the characters it's just blank

Hey. Sorry for the late reply. That almost sounds like something has gone wrong during installation. Is everything else working as it should?

Anyway, here's a pic of the menu with all the options. https://imgur.com/Unguyyx

:up:

Muckenberg 12-09-17 02:07 AM

Hello to everybody
It'll be okay.
I have a question. Is the game downloaded from Uplay fully compatible with TWoS and Generic Patcher? I know there are problems with the Steam game and I wonder if the Uplay game is a problem. Thank you for answer.

MCM 12-09-17 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2529842)
Do I still have to disable the
1) hydrophone circle
2) sonar circle
3) visual circle

with TWoS version 2.1.0?

Thank you in advance, sir.

P.S. Any signs of German localization?
If I had the texts to be translated, I would eagerly translate them. For free.

Please see and help here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...215259&page=13

Muppetlord 12-09-17 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2529932)
Hello to everybody
It'll be okay.
I have a question. Is the game downloaded from Uplay fully compatible with TWoS and Generic Patcher? I know there are problems with the Steam game and I wonder if the Uplay game is a problem. Thank you for answer.

Shouldn't be a problem. It's possible to get the Steam version to work as well though it's a pain.

fitzcarraldo 12-09-17 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2529932)
Hello to everybody
It'll be okay.
I have a question. Is the game downloaded from Uplay fully compatible with TWoS and Generic Patcher? I know there are problems with the Steam game and I wonder if the Uplay game is a problem. Thank you for answer.

No problems with it. Don't forget the update 1.2!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Sauroketh 12-09-17 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2528391)
https://s6.postimg.org/cl1dwddo1/111_-_copy_9x_A.jpg
:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Heluva sorry, sir,
I'm fighting with beards and Erdmann's cap with feeble results.
The best success I could achieve was done by replacing four files
Crew_Idle_Actions_CR.aix
Crew_Idle_Actions_QR1.aix
Crew_Idle_Actions_QR2.aix
Crew_Idle_Actions_TRF.aix
with the ones taken from TWoS 2.0.0.

So far the Bosun and Weapons officer do no longer look like goats or tramps or geeks, the motor crew may keep the beards all right, but THE BLOODY CAP!!!

If I take the first file (Crew_Idle_Actions_CR.aix) from the stock SH5 version,
the watch crew keeps freezing in tropic shirts in roaring northern storms and my friend Dieter loses the ability to climb the ladder to the tower (oh hells...), exactly where I need him. So removing the Josef's cap turns out to be too expensive.

Question (1) is, - are there any other disadvantages caused by my doing (what I am most afraid of, - loss of some commands or plot-relevant dialogs while interacting with the officers "live", not via bottom menu)

Question (2) is, - is there any chance of removing the damned cap from Josef?! When talking to me, he always slightly bows his head and I keep looking at the top of his cap, so he looks somehow "walking dead", so a slight head bowing hides his face completely due to this cap, as if he would be constantly looking at his shoes while talking to me.

THEBERBSTER 12-09-17 10:21 AM

HiSauroketh
From TWOS post #1
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
You should start your own new thread with issues like this.
Peter

connor4200 12-09-17 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetlord (Post 2529925)
Hey. Sorry for the late reply. That almost sounds like something has gone wrong during installation. Is everything else working as it should?

Anyway, here's a pic of the menu with all the options. https://imgur.com/Unguyyx

:up:

yea everything works perfectly even have my own TC values working but yea I don't have anyunsupported mods and I installed twice, atm I'm just happy I don't have a broken estimated but ty and anyone else on here have any idea why I wouldn't see that txt? including some new crew txt options old txt options still remain and my crew reports (bottom right) will work then not, and i dont have tarnamatte paint available i feel im missing upgrades lol, very odd would love some more input lol and the pic is blurry :(

connor4200 12-09-17 11:21 AM

I am also using nothing but TWOS no unsupported mods

since I prolly did mess up switching to TWOS from my previous mods other than the documents sh5 file is there any other files ive forgotton and b4 any1 asks yes I'm on a new save deleted my old ones too PLEASE AND THANKYOU


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.