SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kevinsue 09-10-16 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2433179)
Hi kevinsue!
this mod fixes the height of the periscope when lowered in the Type VII-C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l6...pe_in_tube.zip

and this for the Type VII-B
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6c...pe_in_tube.zip

Torpedo
P.S. Credits to Pascal

Thanks for the link..downloading now :up: Maybe Vecko can have a look and see if it can be used for the VII-C in TwoS.

vdr1981 09-10-16 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2433196)
Thanks for the link..downloading now :up: Maybe Vecko can have a look and see if it can be used for the VII-C in TwoS.

The mod is already in TWoS...Author never fixed all conning towers available in the game...

Von_Stolzenberg 09-11-16 04:38 AM

I am so bad with torpedo aiming.... 4 our of 4 missing on 2900m...
And this time I tried to feed the Computingmachine with information... but my guess on AoB was too bad... missed on a few meters.

And to make things worse the Tanker was armed and opened fire.

But after some cat and mouse I sank booth freighters for 7800 BRT.

I guess we found a new green recruit of the Kriegmarine almost dooming his boat.

kevinsue 09-11-16 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von_Stolzenberg (Post 2433380)
I am so bad with torpedo aiming.... 4 our of 4 missing on 2900m...
And this time I tried to feed the Computingmachine with information... but my guess on AoB was too bad... missed on a few meters.

And to make things worse the Tanker was armed and opened fire.

But after some cat and mouse I sank booth freighters for 7800 BRT.

I guess we found a new green recruit of the Kriegmarine almost dooming his boat.

The RAOBF ingame tutorials are very good for learning how to acquire the data to input into the TDC. It teaches you to get a quick firing solution while observing the target through the periscope.

elder_gutknecht 09-11-16 07:58 AM

Some problems installing TDW generic patcher
Windows 10 and uplay SHV download
When you open "GenericPatcher.cfg" and after some attemps, you must edit the archive like this

ClientAreaWidth=1184
ClientAreaHeight=765
LanguagePackInUse=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\LanguagePacks\Eng lish
CameraManager.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
EnvSim.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
kernel.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
sh5.exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHCollisions.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHSim.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SHSound.act=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SH_NClient.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5
SimData.dll=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5

After that, just continue with the instructions to install it, please vdr1981, warn this when you try to install generic patcher with win10 and uplay download game
Also there is a problem with german voices if you try uplay download, that it is easily solved
Start the game and exit, just copy the archives in SHV/Data/LngGameData/Voices/German/Data/Sound/Speech
Go to SHV/Data/Sound/Speech, delate or save the english voices archives and copy the german voices, and if you want you can hear the intro in german, use the same patch but with movies instead of voices, and copy
I hope it was useful

Akula Osis 09-11-16 08:41 AM

The Other Items

As per this graphic:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...psoak2dcve.png

Where do I find item #6? Searching with no luck under downloads.

S!

elder_gutknecht 09-11-16 08:53 AM

Please read the instructions of first post, clear and easy
Did you download the steam version?, if i´m right this mod doesn´t works with steam

Akula Osis 09-11-16 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2433446)
Please read the instructions of first post, clear and easy
Did you download the steam version?, if i´m right this mod doesn´t works with steam

Which post are you responding to? If it's mine, I am not using Steam.

S!

elder_gutknecht 09-11-16 09:44 AM

Then if you follow the instructions, when you open jsgme, you must see all the mods at your left, and then click in center to be activated at your right

Akula Osis 09-11-16 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2433454)
Then if you follow the instructions, when you open jsgme, you must see all the mods at your left, and then click in center to be activated at your right

Ah, yes. I have #1 ,#2, #3, #4, #5 but looking for #6 (optional) which are not included in the download link.

S!

THEBERBSTER 09-11-16 10:31 AM

Hi guys
IIRC from update update 16.1 the Encrypted BDU Orders mod is included.
When you enable update 16.1 or later the Encrypted BDU Orders mod is placed in JSGME disabled.
You then enable the mod as usual.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 09-11-16 10:34 AM

Do not install your applications in the Program File (x86) Folder.
Peter

Akula Osis 09-11-16 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2433468)
Hi guys
IIRC from update update 16.1 the Encrypted BDU Orders mod is included.
When you enable update 16.1 or later the Encrypted BDU Orders mod is placed in JSGME disabled.
You then enable the mod as usual.
Peter

Got it, found it and thanks.

How does one bypass the UPlay installer and do a custom install? Or can that be done with that install method?

S!

elder_gutknecht 09-11-16 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2433470)
Peter

Why? thats where the SHV uplay install, and now just change the patch of the generic patcher, works fine, any future problem?
Thanks

vdr1981 09-11-16 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akula Osis (Post 2433463)
Ah, yes. I have #1 ,#2, #3, #4, #5 but looking for #6 (optional) which are not included in the download link.

S!

It will became available automatically after you enable the update...

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2433470)
Peter

Really, why?