SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 04-02-16 04:54 PM

@vecko

heya take a look a this tips for loading screen the one with "*" are your tips from TWoS documetation :D if u agree to add them to your mega mod or u wanna add mod feel free ask for download link :D fact88 is my tip :D

Quote:

Fact88=Before enable any mods or modpack READ ALL DOCUMETATION ! don't try to be smarter they u are cos enabling mods in the wrong order may crash the game or enabling incompatible mods also will crash the game !
Fact89=The best attack solution against a ship is from a 90 degrees angle, at a range of about 800 meters.
Fact90=*DO NOT add any additional mods if you are not 100% sure what you are doing or you may induce all kind of stability and gameplay related issues! Keep in mind that most of the standalone mods outhere are incompatible with this expansion .
Fact91=*Full game reinstallation is highly recommended when replacing old with new megamod version (for example v1.04 to v1.05)!
Fact92=Try to attack from the dark side - into the sunrise, sunset or moon - silhouetting the target against the dim light.
Fact93=*Never overwrite old/previous game saves. Always make a new one and save few recent, just in case...
Fact94=Use the Deck gun against unarmed merchant ships in order to preserve the limited torpedo supply.
Fact95=*Keep your gamesaves clean. Try not to save game with destroyed/damaged or in any way bugged AI units (especially airplanes) in your rendering area (40-60 km around the sub). This doesn't mean that you should never do this but make sure to have at least one previous "safe" gamesave. Check this post too
Fact96=Use HE shells to neutralize the merchants radio room to prevent them from alerting nearby defenses.
Fact97=Try to limit the speed and turning of the U-boat when using the deck gun. Any notching and pitching greatly affects accuracy.
Fact98=Avoid keeping the periscope above the waterline too long. It's better to raise it for short periods from time to time in order to reduce the chances of being visually detected.
Fact99=Use the Observation periscope from the Command Room to sweep search before breaking the waterline to surface. It has a higher elevation and wider sight angle than the Attack periscope.
Fact100=Use the Attack periscope from the Conning tower to target enemy ships in submerged operations. Its higher magnification power makes identification easier.
Fact101=*Ease your TC and try to limit duration of your playing sessions while operating in areas with dense air and sea traffic (like Baltic, North Sea, Mediterranean , British coastal waters ect).
Fact102=Decks awash offers the advantages of both Diesel propulsion and a very low silhouette.
Fact103=The best way to listen to sea traffic is to submerge and stop all engines. The Sonar range is no longer affected by your U-boat engine noise.
Fact104=*If you enable "Show highlighted sensor region" TAI map options with OFEV, you will be able to observe how AI actually sees and hears you depending of your speed, depth, profile, weather, time of day ect...Very useful for "Submarine school" training...
Fact105=Doing a 360 degrees search before breaking the surface can mean the difference between life and death. You can never know when a warship silently waits for you to surface.
Fact106=*Forget about mathematical and GPS precision with this expansion. Almost everything is uncertain and randomized, including torpedoes speed and depth, your true position in SH world merchants AI crew fighting damage ect ect
Fact107=Normally a destroyer should not be engaged, but if the situation calls for it, use a salvo of high speed torpedoes and shoot from close range.
Fact108=*SH3 UI style is faster, more fluid, more practical and more immersive than SH5 UI. It also appears that it is less prone to some bugs and glitches and it definitely has higher FPS. You can switch UI style using Option File Editor Viewer app...

vdr1981 04-02-16 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2394679)

Quote:

Fact88=Enable more mods and your di*ck will fall off for sure...

This one? :ping:

Sjizzle 04-02-16 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394691)
This one? :ping:

lol :har::D

vdr1981 04-02-16 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2394698)
lol :har::D

Hmmm...I wonder how would that look in loading screen...:hmm2:

palmic 04-02-16 06:40 PM

It would be cool in TWOS at default in my opinion if it would be disabled to see ships at hydrophone as it is sh5 vanilla style, not HC realistic TWOS one :)
(To have to detect it really by hear it)

:

This is how i mod it after TWOS:

1 - open data/Menu/menu.txt and change this lines to this values

; sh5.exe patch by TDW - allows texts for units to display in hydrophone box when real navigation enabled
;826=Unknown contact
;827=Contact
;828=Contact
;829=Contact
826=-
827=-
828=-
829=-

THE_MASK 04-02-16 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394714)
It would be cool in TWOS at default in my opinion if it would be disabled to see ships at hydrophone as it is sh5 vanilla style, not HC realistic TWOS one :)

:

; sh5.exe patch by TDW - allows texts for units to display in hydrophone box when real navigation enabled
;826=Unknown contact
;827=Contact
;828=Contact
;829=Contact
826=-
827=-
828=-
829=-

This is how I have sobers mega mod set up
826=Contact
827=Contact
828=Contact
829=Contact

palmic 04-02-16 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2394716)
This is how I have sobers mega mod set up
826=Contact
827=Contact
828=Contact
829=Contact

This is not what i want to achieve, since you can see where exactly are borders of the sounds at hydrophone.
My version (found somewhere else at subsim) shows totally nothing, you have to really listen :)

Sjizzle 04-03-16 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codered8877 (Post 2394675)
Need help!

getting this error when doing the steps for opening the TWD GenericPatcher

i hope that u have read TWoS documentation .....for the steam version of the game there is other method to patch the game with tdw's patcher .....

tdw's generic patcher doesn't suport steam version of the game u need to follow this steps if u wanna patch the game with tdw's generic patcher...

vdr1981 04-03-16 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394714)

:

;826=Unknown contact
;827=Contact
;828=Contact
;829=Contact
826=-
827=-
828=-
829=-

Nothing new there Palmic...
That solution was actually used in some older TWoS versions but I decided to put "contact" labels back in order to compensate for some game engine limitations. Some of them you have already experienced...:03:

palmic 04-03-16 06:21 AM

:hmmm:

Now i understand mr. Sobers solution :)
Thanks for explanation :salute:

vdr1981 04-03-16 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renard60 (Post 2394641)
Bonjour vdr1981
merci d'avoir répondu si vite nous en sommes reconnaissant
oui nous sommes sur le site de milles sabord
http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/
si tu pouvais nous donner les fichiers à traduire en francais et la procedure ce serai tres genereux de ta part
merci du fond du coeur

Hello vdr1981
thank you for responding so quickly we are grateful
yes we are on the site of porthole miles
http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/
if you could give us the files to be translated into French and that the procedure will be very generous of you
thank you from the heart

I apologize for my English so poorly translated:up:

OK, here we go...The main files would be:

- data/Menu/Menu.txt
In TWoS I use edited English version of Menu.txt file form "TDW NewUIs test version 18". Note that this mod (NewUIs) already have French version of Menu.txt file so you dont have to translate all the lines. You can just translate differences and merge it later with some text editor...

- data\UPCDataGE\UPCLocalization\UPCLocalization.tsr

- Technical description lines in all submarine .UPCGE files

- A whole bunch of campaign radio messages found in data\RadioMessages\English folder

redline202 04-03-16 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394530)
data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData\CareerOptions.upc

Code:

[CareerOptions 4]
ID= WesternApproaches41

[CareerOptions 4.Flotilla 1]
ID= C4Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= 6. Unterseebootsflottille
IDLinkFlotilla= 6thFlotilla                  ; link to ID in Flotilla upc file
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F4VIIC, 1  ;change it to "F4VIIB" and start WA campaign
FlotillaBriefingText=   
FlotillaCommonality= 1

Thanks vdr1981 :up:
Good luck with your WOS! :salute:

Sjizzle 04-03-16 07:09 AM

heya wecko your OHIIv2.5 Enhc. works very well with MagUI also i will add them to my mod list

excel4004 04-03-16 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394797)
:hmmm:

Now i understand mr. Sobers solution :)
Thanks for explanation :salute:

Can you pls explain this solution!?

palmic 04-03-16 08:39 AM

Mr. Sober shows just unknown contact at top left corner at hydrophone station while i showed nothing in my game.

Sobers setting is better because very slow contacts are totally silent even if they have engine on.
This is kind of solution for this silent ships