SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

excel4004 03-22-16 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391751)
Possible bug: When you emerge, sound engineer should stop report closest contacts if you order it before

Yes! Could that be fixed in future!? :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 03-22-16 06:22 PM

Hi renard
Check this out.
Post #169 How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers

Peter

vdr1981 03-22-16 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2391680)
Also, at least in my experience when getting convoy information, you'll have a few messages that give you information about the contact which usually includes relative bearing, true bearing, distance, course, and speed estimate.

You can chart the contact from the information given by the officer there instead of trying to match Lat/Long coordinates.

Exactly...The range filter for these detailed reports (shown in message box and ships journal)can be set in upper right corner (400 km by default)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391747)
That's just for quick orientation, there's nothing advanced about lat long on map in twos,. You just need to try to search it by Google

There is a Sjizzle's detailed lat/long chart/tool in real nav section...:hmm2:


Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391751)
Possible bug: When you emerge, sound engineer should stop report closest contacts if you order it before

Mine it does stop...:hmm2: I mean , I can select few more times "nearest hydro contact report" command until the the contact is declared "lost" but that's just a false/last registered bearing IMO...

Give me more details...

palmic 03-23-16 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2391845)
Mine it does stop...:hmm2: I mean , I can select few more times "nearest hydro contact report" command until the the contact is declared "lost" but that's just a false/last registered bearing IMO...

Give me more details...

Well its easy :)
Its typical situation when i escape, because as i found, hydrophone does not model real position of propeller of ships, so i use sound engineer for this - moving away/closing to be sure when i can select quicker run...

Soo.. When i select this reporting you wrote, then i emerge, Beno still reports contact bearing changes.
(i haven't check if the bearing is real, or only some last position he heard)
Hydrophone controls should return to "normal sweep" after emerging to avoiding this i thing..

vdr1981 03-23-16 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391895)
...Beno still reports contact bearing changes.
...

Permanently or only for short period of time?

palmic 03-23-16 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2391952)
Permanently or only for short period of time?

I selected standard sweep pretty quick to not bother with that, ill try to debug it more next time, ill report :salute:

vdr1981 03-23-16 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391961)
I selected standard sweep pretty quick to not bother with that, ill try to debug it more next time, ill report :salute:

Good , because if it's only for short period than I wouldn't pay much attention to it...Anyway, the best we can do is to report the issue in TDW NewUIs thread but that probably wont help much. TDW is done with SH5 unfortunately ...

palmic 03-23-16 02:35 PM

Hmm i tried it right now and it seems its only once, thats ok for me, thanks!

BTW i really love DD's hunting AI, its really fun to fight with their tries to find you by some searching pattern and so...
Especially funny when he tries to shut down engines repeatedly to hear yours :)
Sometimes it seems to me they learn from my tricks which i try to escape from them.
Once i hanged after one DD and kept his tail for about minute in hard turn left, then just select rudder zero, i let ahead flank for a while as i was still behind him and then just all stop....
I ran just by inertia for very long time, much quicker, than at small speeds and without any sound.
After some his searching he heard me again because as i found, they can hear even 3.rd speed level even from long distance.
You can run at flank ahead even very close if you're behind him and he has engine on relatively faster, but since he is on "constant distance" course, i always switch 1. speed level..

vova78 03-24-16 03:41 AM

Maybe add as upgrade "Quad 20mm Vierling" on the second tower at Type VIIB (or "Double Flak")?

Kelsier 03-24-16 05:41 AM

Thanks for reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390765)
This is really no big deal IMO...I've intentionally created this "bug" in order to disable stock "Ctrl+Lmouse click" command (center sub on map). This cheat command is inconsistent with real nav addon. IIRC, you should be able to use this command if you dont have real nav addon enabled, but it's really not worth it. Real navigation is the essence of SH5...:yep:

I didn't know that there was a stock command using the same key combination, but I see why you would disable it. Since it's an intentional feature and not a "bug", I'll be happy to work around it :up:

I will probably appreciate it even more once I start playing with real nav, but I decided to play the first campaign on only 60% realism to get used to the basic tactics again and to be able to check my increasingly manual targeting solutions against the TDCs to spot methodical mistakes early. If I learn a wrong method for manual targeting and never hit anything once I start with real nav, I'll never be sure if it's just really bad luck, me not understanding real nav or me making constant mistakes is to blame...

Thanks for your reply and all the work and thought you and your fellow moddes put into this. Without it, SH5 would not be playable.

Regards,
Kelsier

JT1981 03-24-16 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392013)
Hmm i tried it right now and it seems its only once, thats ok for me, thanks!

BTW i really love DD's hunting AI, its really fun to fight with their tries to find you by some searching pattern and so...
Especially funny when he tries to shut down engines repeatedly to hear yours :)
Sometimes it seems to me they learn from my tricks which i try to escape from them.
Once i hanged after one DD and kept his tail for about minute in hard turn left, then just select rudder zero, i let ahead flank for a while as i was still behind him and then just all stop....
I ran just by inertia for very long time, much quicker, than at small speeds and without any sound.
After some his searching he heard me again because as i found, they can hear even 3.rd speed level even from long distance.
You can run at flank ahead even very close if you're behind him and he has engine on relatively faster, but since he is on "constant distance" course, i always switch 1. speed level..

i think the dd is too smart than ww2's dd,they will call for reinforcements from nearby,so the dds who are hunting for you will be more and more..

i have been hunted by 17 dds once time,i think when you are detected by dd,it is meaning you wil take you a long l ong time for escaping

palmic 03-24-16 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT1981 (Post 2392177)
i think the dd is too smart than ww2's dd,they will call for reinforcements from nearby,so the dds who are hunting for you will be more and more..

i have been hunted by 17 dds once time,i think when you are detected by dd,it is meaning you wil take you a long l ong time for escaping

I think ww2 situation of u-boat spotted or heard by some DD was much worse than here, check some documentaries.
DD's was literally substituting until uboat ran out of oxygen and had to emerge..

Sjizzle 03-24-16 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic
That's just for quick orientation, there's nothing advanced about lat long on map in twos,. You just need to try to search it by Google
what u wanna know or what advanced about lat /long ?????

palmic 03-24-16 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2392275)
what u wanna know or what advanced about lat /long ?????

Errr, some guys tried to workaround lat/long reports of enemy convoys by readings from relative equivalents of these reports by navigator (bearing 350, 30 km from us)

I just tried to lead them to find out, that lat/long is definitely nothing hard to learn and more effective way to get this infos. :)

Sjizzle 03-25-16 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2392282)
Errr, some guys tried to workaround lat/long reports of enemy convoys by readings from relative equivalents of these reports by navigator (bearing 350, 30 km from us)

I just tried to lead them to find out, that lat/long is definitely nothing hard to learn and more effective way to get this infos. :)

i can explain how to find the approximate convoy / ship heading from a bdu message.

Example:



Convoy report at 49.43N, 12.49W heading NNE speed medium

49.43 degree is from the equator 49 degree to north with tdw's ui u can see map coordinators on the left and right side of the map....for the 43 min use my chart for that.
12.49 is also simple u need to go to west 12 degree from GMT which one is 0 degree and the 49 also u my chart for that.

Now for the course.

N = 349 - 11
NNE = 11 - 34
NE = 34 - 56
ENE = 68 - 79
E = 79 - 101
ESE = 101 - 124
SE = 124 - 146
SSE = 149 - 169
S = 169 - 191
SSW = 191 - 214
SW = 214 - 236
WSW = 236 - 259
W = 259 - 281
WNW = 281 - 304
NW = 304 - 326
NNW = 236 - 349

so the convoy heading is NNE which one mean is between 11 - 34 degrees


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.