SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-18-16 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2374409)
Do you think it would be sometime in the future to do something with animation crew?
I mean, that's not so static. I hope you understand what I mean by the crew.
This is probably the only thing missing to complete Twos 1000% perfection.

Hardly because even now crew animation can cause performance drop and game lag in some situations. Adding more animation could only make things worse...:down:

Muckenberg 01-18-16 05:54 AM

And it would be a big problem to do garrison headquarters without moving? For example, it would 1.WO and chief engineer were on site at the operator rudders?

fitzcarraldo 01-18-16 07:12 AM

Hi Vecko: I would to know if it is possible to use the SH3 style GUI in v1.05. I try it, but I had messages of errors when apply the modification. I did it with the mod disabled. In 1.04 I could do it without problems.

Many thanks for the new version!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Hjalfnar 01-18-16 07:44 AM

Hey guys. Awesome to see people still working on the game. It deserves to be better as there is an good game at the core of it.

Now my question as a spare time Kapitaen with maximum 1 hours playtime a day is how I could get back the vanilla aiming system? I know I know, shame on me, but in the evening I want to hit the Tommys nice and easy.

vdr1981 01-18-16 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2374600)
Hi Vecko: I would to know if it is possible to use the SH3 style GUI in v1.05. I try it, but I had messages of errors when apply the modification. I did it with the mod disabled. In 1.04 I could do it without problems.

Many thanks for the new version!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Sure you can...Check this out...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

blackcan 01-18-16 08:24 AM

Is there a compatible mod which adds that "uncomfortable" sounds when ship sinks

vdr1981 01-18-16 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2374608)
Hey guys. Awesome to see people still working on the game. It deserves to be better as there is an good game at the core of it.

Now my question as a spare time Kapitaen with maximum 1 hours playtime a day is how I could get back the vanilla aiming system? I know I know, shame on me, but in the evening I want to hit the Tommys nice and easy.

Disable appropriate option in XO TDC tab with OFEV app and also uncheck "manual TDC" option in gameplay settings...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2374616)
Is there a compatible mod which adds that "uncomfortable" sounds when ship sinks

Not sure about the mod but you can hear some rather disturbing sounds while listening sinking ships with your hydrophone...

mikaelanderlund 01-18-16 09:07 AM

Thank you for Your amazing work:up::up::up:

Mikael :salute:

vdr1981 01-18-16 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 2374633)
Thank you for Your amazing work:up::up::up:

Mikael :salute:

Mikael! :salute:

fitzcarraldo 01-18-16 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2374609)

I did it, but when open "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" I have the errors. I will uninstall/reinstall all the game and TWoS 1.5.

BTW, What things we lose changing to SH3 style GUI? Some of the automations?
Playing for years SH3 this type GUI is more familiar to me and more friendly. Also, it is noted SH3 style GUI seemed more stable with TwoS 1.04 and previous versions. The TDW default GUI is more stable in 1.05? I wrote this because stability is priority in SH5.

Many thanks and best regards!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

blackcan 01-18-16 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2374609)

Do i need to disable and then enable the mod after making changes?:doh:

vdr1981 01-18-16 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2374653)
I did it, but when open "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" I have the errors. I will uninstall/reinstall all the game and TWoS 1.5.

BTW, What things we lose changing to SH3 style GUI? Some of the automations?
Playing for years SH3 this type GUI is more familiar to me and more friendly. Also, it is noted SH3 style GUI seemed more stable with TwoS 1.04 and previous versions. The TDW default GUI is more stable in 1.05? I wrote this because stability is priority in SH5.

Many thanks and best regards!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

You will lose absolutely nothing and yes, SH3 UI style is better, faster, more practical and more immersive than SH5 UI. :yep: It also appears that it is less prone to some bugs and glitches and it has definitely higher FPS. I will soon recommend it (once again) in FAQ section. SH5 style is now stock because of easier full tutorial support.
Follow the instructions from the link I gave you and your OFEV will work for sure...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2374685)
Do i need to disable and then enable the mod after making changes?:doh:

Yes...

Hjalfnar 01-18-16 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2374631)
Disable appropriate option in XO TDC tab with OFEV app and also uncheck "manual TDC" option in gameplay settings.

Does not seem to work...I have no attack map now. oO

Edit: Even after undoing the step you mentioned the attack map is still missing! Reinstalling mod now.

vdr1981 01-18-16 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2374710)
Does not seem to work...I have no attack map now. oO

Edit: Even after undoing the step you mentioned the attack map is still missing! Reinstalling mod now.

There's small button on the left side which should (will) enable tactical map mate...:O:

Hjalfnar 01-18-16 02:04 PM

I know. It's gone and the hotkey won't work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.