SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 12-06-15 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2364124)
100 manual saves made with TWOS since starting on 13th July 2015.
No problems at all, absolutely brilliant.
Now on my 1st patrol in Happy Times.

Peter

34 manual saves without problems.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

finchOU 12-07-15 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2364111)

From what I know TDW new destroyed marks can not be saved. There's few options in OFEV , maybe you should explore/test them. Ship journal is there also ect...

The only thing I've see about Destroyed marks in OFEV is enabling them via the TAI and Nav map tabs. I've Enabled them for the Nav map but not the TAI (don't really use it).

vdr1981 12-07-15 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2364124)
100 manual saves made with TWOS since starting on 13th July 2015.
No problems at all, absolutely brilliant.
Now on my 1st patrol in Happy Times.

Peter

:up:
Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2364206)
The only thing I've see about Destroyed marks in OFEV is enabling them via the TAI and Nav map tabs. I've Enabled them for the Nav map but not the TAI (don't really use it).

And? İs there any change?

gap 12-07-15 12:49 PM

I have imported the new platforms in game but, likewise dat units imported in SH5, they don't cast reflections on water, their submerged part is not visible from above the water level, and they don't trigger the foam effect around them.
Unlike the first series of platforms which didn't show any of the problems above, the new platforms have a normal map, and I had to import them in a different GR2 file, because the one I had used previously didn't support normal maps. I am gonna check now what is the culprit...

On a side note: as expected, the bunkers are now shown in museum as elite coastal patrol craft. Maybe we could move them in the Land roster (keeping the AI_ship controller though). Who knows, maybe the game will let us doing that :hmm2:

vdr1981 12-07-15 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2364320)
I have imported the new platforms in game but, likewise dat units imported in SH5, they don't cast reflections on water, their submerged part is not visible from above the water level, and they don't trigger the foam effect around them.
Unlike the first series of platforms which didn't show any of the problems above, the new platforms have a normal map, and I had to import them in a different GR2 file, because the one I had used previously didn't support normal maps. I am gonna check now what is the culprit...

Cpy
Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2364320)
On a side note: as expected, the bunkers are now shown in museum as elite coastal patrol craft. Maybe we could move them in the Land roster (keeping the AI_ship controller though). Who knows, maybe the game will let us doing that :hmm2:

I think I tried something like that but I run in some troubles doing so, can't remember which one though...:hmmm: Tell me if you find the opposite...

gap 12-07-15 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2364324)
I think I tried something like that but I run in some troubles doing so, can't remember which one though...:hmmm: Tell me if you find the opposite...

Okay, I will carry out some tests after I track down the problem with the new platforms :up:

gap 12-07-15 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2364327)
Okay, I will carry out some tests after I track down the problem with the new platforms :up:

Call me dumb, I had pointed the HarborObjectCtrl and WaterReflection controllers to the wrong bones :doh:

Problem solved, giving the last touch-ups to the diffuse/reflection/normal textures now :up:

finchOU 12-07-15 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2364306)

And? İs there any change?

As in...I've already had them enabled the whole time...lol (minus the TAI option since I don't use the TAI).

Yes and no...like I described. Last night...yes....destroyed marks for the 4 ships I sank in my session. But only those 4 ships....not the other 7 I'd already sunk from previous sessions.

Sometimes I see no marks real time....sometimes it's only the session i'm on.....some times it does both the current session and ones from the last save.

I guess my question is.....do you see all the ships you've sunk on the entire patrol the whole time....or more or less what I've described?

Edit: I've added an attached picture....and as you can see...the destroyed marks are numbered correctly....8,9,10,11. These were from my last save.

Sjizzle 12-08-15 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2364387)
As in...I've already had them enabled the whole time...lol (minus the TAI option since I don't use the TAI).

Yes and no...like I described. Last night...yes....destroyed marks for the 4 ships I sank in my session. But only those 4 ships....not the other 7 I'd already sunk from previous sessions.

Sometimes I see no marks real time....sometimes it's only the session i'm on.....some times it does both the current session and ones from the last save.

I guess my question is.....do you see all the ships you've sunk on the entire patrol the whole time....or more or less what I've described?

Edit: I've added an attached picture....and as you can see...the destroyed marks are numbered correctly....8,9,10,11. These were from my last save.

TDW's destroyed marks are bugged from very long time sometime they show up and sometimes they don't show that doesn't matter if u have enabled the patch from the patcher ..... i think that fifi found this bug 2 years ago

gap 12-08-15 10:17 AM

@ Vecko

:smug:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...and%20dune.jpg

Sjizzle 12-08-15 11:01 AM

nice job gap u never stop to surprise us :yeah:

vdr1981 12-08-15 11:15 AM

Very nice Gap! :up:

Although, my "enthusiasm" is now somewhat subsided because last night I confirmed that even our FW kicking ass defenses, under certain circumstances, could also become "stuck", just like infamous harbor protection warships...:nope:

But, it's too late to stop now, isn't it? :)

gap 12-08-15 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2364538)
nice job gap u never stop to surprise us :yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2364547)
Very nice Gap! :up:

I am even tempted to springle the dummy beach with a few hundred simple czech hedgehog models, but I am afraid it would entail too much work for a purely cosmetic feature like that :03:

Quote:

Although, my "enthusiasm" is now somewhat subsided because last night I confirmed that even our FW kicking ass defenses, under certain circumstances, could also become "stuck", just like infamous harbor protection warships...:nope:

Under which circumstances? :o :/\\!!

Quote:

But, it's too late to stop now, isn't it? :)

Adding them to TWoS campaign is on you. At this point I will complete my part of work anyway :salute:

gap 12-09-15 01:25 PM

Floating bunkers as land units

It works!

I have moved bunker folder as well as its roster entry into the data/Land and data/Roster/Biritish/Land folders respectively, and changed bunker's unit type from 16 (elite patrol craft) to 403 (coastal artillery) in unit and roster cfg files, as well as in your testing mission. Now the bunker is reported as "coastal defenses" without need of placing stock coastal defenses near it, indeed it is not longer shown in museum, and what matters more, it uses its guns/sensors as before. Tested in stock game, without IRAI. :yeah:

What I want to test now is switching the unit_Ship controller with the unit_CostalDefense one (some changes to model meshes and collision controllers might be required too). Going by my previous experience when I messed with unit controllers, I should get an instant CTD (probably cmdr_AI* and unit_* must be matched), but worth a second try anyway. If it works, we might be able placing working coastal artillery directly on land. Maybe. :hmm2:

EDIT:

Tested with IRAI. It likes my latest changes to our bunkers :up:

palmic 12-10-15 06:08 AM

Newbie questions

Gutten tag Kaleunen, i am new to SH5 (formal SH4 captain for some years at trigger maru) :)

.. And i have some questions for wolves of steel:

- do i have sonar available from the start of campaign? I suppose its not there yet..
- can i return original sailor icons to menus? I cannot remember who is who if there are looking different :) - Where are the files to copy back over the mod?
- can i use hydrophone RPM charts from RPM hydrophone mod? Do the sounds respect this logic? Please guys, i am hydrophone adict i need this as a essential part of u-boat hunt!! :rock:
- is there a possibility there are some mods in wolves of steel which are not listed here? I've seen some features from realistic hydrophone mod here in talks (dead angles and so), but its not really listed..

Anyway, thanks for work of all of yours, i hated SH5 before years, but this what came out of it with your mods is totally awesome! :yeah:
Love it and will by playing all of my christmass vacation which already started :/\\k:

Ende der Mitteilung Kaleunen :salute: