SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   2010 Subsim Meet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Pear Harbor, Hawaii 2011??? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176239)

krashkart 10-26-10 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1521434)
I put it all down to this....nobody explained to her she should stay on water :DL

That is one humongous cigar. Or is it a licorice log? A flame-broiled turnip, perhaps? :hmmm:

Jimbuna 10-26-10 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_smurf (Post 1521848)
At last a Subsim meet I can get too. I'll be proud to represent the mighty North of England:D

"Notrh of England"...Derbyshire? :o

As I recall it takes me nearly three hours of driving in a Southerly direction to get to Lumsdale Mill, Matlock, Derbyshire. :DL

papa_smurf 10-26-10 08:08 AM

Quote:

"Notrh of England"...Derbyshire? :o

As I recall it takes me nearly three hours of driving in a Southerly direction to get to Lumsdale Mill, Matlock, Derbyshire. :DL
Okay, you can call it the Midlands at a push as I live north of Matlock.

Herr-Berbunch 10-26-10 02:08 PM

Ha, ha, Derbyshire is even South for me! :rotfl2:Unless there is anyone from Berwick upon Tweed I think Jim gets the post of North of England representative.

Mind you, some people from Berwick upon Tweed think of themselves as Scots... :nope:

Jimbuna 10-28-10 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_smurf (Post 1521939)
Okay, you can call it the Midlands at a push as I live north of Matlock.

:03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1522142)
Ha, ha, Derbyshire is even South for me! :rotfl2:Unless there is anyone from Berwick upon Tweed I think Jim gets the post of North of England representative.

Mind you, some people from Berwick upon Tweed think of themselves as Scots... :nope:

We can always destroy that bridge crossing the Tweed :DL

Berwick Rangers are also the only Scottish club to be based on English soil.

Kpt. Lehmann 10-28-10 11:32 AM

Well, for my two cents... I'll vote for London! I'm pretty sure that I can sell the idea to the missus! :arrgh!:

Takeda Shingen 10-28-10 11:43 AM

Dang. Always wanted to go to Hawaii. This would have been a good reason to do it.

FIREWALL 10-28-10 11:46 AM

Derbyshire ? Is that where they make all those snappy english derbys ? :03: :haha:

papa_smurf 10-29-10 06:01 AM

Quote:

Derbyshire ? Is that where they make all those snappy english derbys ? :03: :haha:
:O:

Herr-Berbunch 10-29-10 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1523758)
Well, for my two cents... I'll vote for London! I'm pretty sure that I can sell the idea to the missus! :arrgh!:

So if London is it, I'll be able to make it but there is the delicate question of the missus...

I'd like her to come, and I know she'd be more than welcome, but she'd be bored I think and just moan. When, in all your opinions, should I first broach the subject - sooner or later? :hmmm:

Jimbuna 10-29-10 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1524332)
So if London is it, I'll be able to make it but there is the delicate question of the missus...

I'd like her to come, and I know she'd be more than welcome, but she'd be bored I think and just moan. When, in all your opinions, should I first broach the subject - sooner or later? :hmmm:

The sooner the better but only if and when it is decided the Meet will be in London.

IIRC the Meets usually alternate between the States and Europe....hopefully Neal will be able to confirm.

Herr-Berbunch 10-29-10 07:11 AM

Speculation's just great isn't it, everything works fine :D

Jimbuna 10-29-10 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1524358)
Speculation's just great isn't it, everything works fine :D

Like clockwork :DL

Lurchi 10-29-10 12:13 PM

Ahem ... this whole London thing was just an idea which came out during a delicious dinner at August's house. It was (and is) nothing more than just an initial idea.

To be exact it wasn't exactly London but Portsmouth. The Victory & Warrior are there and the submarine museum at Gosport is nearby too. However London with the Belfast and the Imperial War museum surely makes much sense for a day trip.

This all was just the first vague idea which looked interesting, being as close as possible in number of naval attractions compared to this year's meet (which can't be beaten anyway :rock:).

August 10-29-10 09:27 PM

Mmmm, the Imperial War Museum! Could it be done decently in just one day?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...umpanorama.jpg