SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

bstanko6 02-22-19 08:43 PM

I tell you, most issues with these mega mods stems from firewall. Glad you found it.

bstanko6 02-22-19 08:51 PM

@VDR...
I tried using the update, during patrol, big mistake. Caused craziness! Had to do a full reinstall. But I kept my UbiSoft files. For some reason, it would not allow 100% with real nav. I had renamed your TWoS mods from 2.2.9 with a letter A thru G (mods I wanted) so I could reinstall them in JSGME quickly in the order I want them. When I installed 2.2.10, it gave me updated mods. I used the old 2.2.9 mods and it would not register in 2.2.10. So I only had 85% realism. I used the mods 2.2.10 gave me and it worked fine! So nothing wrong with the TWoS friend!

gutted 02-22-19 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2593126)
I tell you, most issues with these mega mods stems from firewall. Glad you found it.

It wasn't an issue with the mega mod, just SH5 in general. But in fixing that, im 99% sure it will have fixed my campaign transfer in TWoS as the transfer verifier addon no longer fails.

Sjizzle 02-23-19 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2593106)
@gutted...
You have been having troubles from the start. What options or patches have you applied. You mentioned in other threads about activating the orbiter listener, did you do that?

Try turning off all patches

90% of the problems are from the players side always...i am not telling that sh5 it's a perfect game nope it's not...sh5 is a unfinished game!!!
but sometimes players just enable nonsense mods patches and they blame the game or mega mod...
also some crap windows apps which one just block by themselves othe applications communication with the servers like that crapy useless windows defender firewall...

i played till the "Black Pit campaign" with TWoS and with my mod list without any problem... no ctd's at all....

Cr8zycuban 02-23-19 04:13 AM

Having a small problem with your amazing mod.

I'm having a problem with the Four Bearings tutorial mission. Once it gets to step three, where the tutorial is going to speed up time to sync the game with the approaching merchant, it stops time compression after the bearing is received, and doesn't advance. I saw a video on youtube of someone who played through the tutorial in an older version, and the time of the ship coming into sonar contact is different. Maybe in the new patch the time got mixed up? Any help will be appreciated, because I really want to practice this tutorial. I have no other mods installed besides TWOS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the mod twice with the same result. Downloaded from ubi, and am running windows 10 if that makes a difference. Regardless of the minor problem, You did an AMAZING job with this mod, Thank you!

Sjizzle 02-23-19 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr8zycuban (Post 2593153)
I'm having a problem with the Four Bearings tutorial mission. Once it gets to step three, where the tutorial is going to speed up time to sync the game with the approaching merchant, it stops time compression after the bearing is received, and doesn't advance. I saw a video on youtube of someone who played through the tutorial in an older version, and the time of the ship coming into sonar contact is different. Maybe in the new patch the time got mixed up? Any help will be appreciated, because I really want to practice this tutorial. I have no other mods installed besides TWOS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the mod twice with the same result. Downloaded from ubi, and am running windows 10 if that makes a difference. Regardless of the minor problem, You did an AMAZING job with this mod, Thank you!

hmmm strange give me some time to test it...

Edit and Update

For me works just fine the 4 bearing tutorial from TWoS... u can fallow Peter's link from belowe to learn that method if doesn't work for u the in game tutorial

THEBERBSTER 02-23-19 04:46 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Cr8zycuban
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

I do not see any relationship between TWoS and the Four Bearings tutorial you mention as I suspect the tutorial would re-act in the same way with or without TWoS.
Post #21 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg > 4 YouTube Tutorials + Instructions

Admiral Lutjens 02-23-19 10:11 AM

trying to play, but I keep getting an 'error 51' message.

grrr

gap 02-23-19 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2592870)

Welcome back Vecko :up:

Cr8zycuban 02-23-19 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2593155)
hmmm strange give me some time to test it...

Edit and Update

For me works just fine the 4 bearing tutorial from TWoS... u can fallow Peter's link from belowe to learn that method if doesn't work for u the in game tutorial

Well, thanks for giving it a shot. Weird that I'm the only one having this issue. Maybe something is going wrong during the installation process, or my pc is conflicting with the game somehow. Honestly I just wanted to practice the method with the tutorial so I could have some guidance from the game. regardless I will just try it on my own tonight. Thank again for the help!

Cr8zycuban 02-23-19 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=THEBERBSTER;2593156]A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Cr8zycuban
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

I do not see any relationship between TWoS and the Four Bearings tutorial you mention as I suspect the tutorial would re-act in the same way with or without TWoS.
Post #21 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg > 4 YouTube Tutorials + Instructions[/QUOTE

Thanks for the welcome, and the link! Ill be using it later tonight to practice on my own, if I cant figure out why I am having this problem.

nabilp5 02-23-19 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr8zycuban (Post 2593215)
Well, thanks for giving it a shot. Weird that I'm the only one having this issue. Maybe something is going wrong during the installation process, or my pc is conflicting with the game somehow. Honestly I just wanted to practice the method with the tutorial so I could have some guidance from the game. regardless I will just try it on my own tonight. Thank again for the help!

You're not alone, my friend. I'm just like you. I have the same problem

nabilp5 02-23-19 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2593156)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Cr8zycuban

Post #21 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg > 4 YouTube Tutorials + Instructions

Thank you :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:
I have added this file
"Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)" :yeah:
The problem disappeared :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

dark270 02-23-19 05:03 PM

just wanted to say thanks, wolves of steel is an amazing mod, I am thoroughly enjoying it!
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

bstanko6 02-23-19 11:31 PM

Question. Does the radio antenna go down by button press? Like in SH3 mega mods? In NYGM it was ctrl + V