SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 09-01-17 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2509849)
Hey guys,
*I thought I should post this on the release page for OFEV, but i couldnt find such a page.

This one just happened all of a sudden when I tried to open TDW's Options File Editor/Viewer, whenever I ask it to 'Open' it has an error pop-up that says :
*********Invalid option entry found. Missing VALUES's COUNT entries/r/nLine read was #DEFAULT=[ "Heir ist ein U-Boat Cocktail!!"," Chalkboard Tally","edit your favorite" ] @ line #3262 *********

It wont let me open my user options file to make any changes, has anybody had this problem before?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JyRQ3t6df-Y

alexv86 09-02-17 08:13 AM

Fixed!

I managed to fix it by disabling all mods and then enabling them again, after that I was able to open OFEV no problem.
Thanks again for the help!

alexv86 09-02-17 09:28 AM

Prop shaft selectors

Hey all,

I asked something similar awhile back, but never got a response. What is the purpose of enabling or disabling the port or starboard prop shafts?
In one of the loading screens in mentions running the diesel and electric engines at the same time, with one diesel dedicated to recharging and the other running the prop in tandem with electric motor. Is there a way to implement this in game?

palmic 09-02-17 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2510127)
Hey all,

I asked something similar awhile back, but never got a response. What is the purpose of enabling or disabling the port or starboard prop shafts?
In one of the loading screens in mentions running the diesel and electric engines at the same time, with one diesel dedicated to recharging and the other running the prop in tandem with electric motor. Is there a way to implement this in game?

I play TWOS years and i never used this :03:
In my oppinion the theory from loading screen is physical nonsense.

Subwolf 09-03-17 12:03 AM

The enigma mod is fantastic, but unfortunately for me the letters in the radio messages was too hard to see, I really had issues with O or Q. Type one wrong letter and you have to start all over again. So I decided to remove the mod, not sure if there is a way to deal with my problem. Glasses perhaps :03:

vdr1981 09-03-17 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2510235)
The enigma mod is fantastic, but unfortunately for me the letters in the radio messages was too hard to see, I really had issues with O or Q. Type one wrong letter and you have to start all over again. So I decided to remove the mod, not sure if there is a way to deal with my problem. Glasses perhaps :03:

You're right, this can be a problem for some. I'll see if I could find appropriate files to edit font style a bit, if possible at all...:hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 09-03-17 10:40 AM

Hi guys
If you use a magnifying glass on the radio message you will see that the O has a little bit missing from being a complete circle.
The Q has tiny bit added to the complete circle.
With a bit of time you will get use to the look of both and will not need any type of aid to recognize the difference.
Peter

Subwolf 09-03-17 11:12 AM

Thanks guys, I'll give it another try :salute:

Btw, I came up with an idea that also solved the problem. Took a pic of the message with my smartphone, then just enlarged it.

vdr1981 09-03-17 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2510330)
Thanks guys, I'll give it another try :salute:

Btw, I came up with an idea that also solved the problem. Took a pic of the message with my smartphone, then just enlarged it.

I think I have found the solution how to change radio message font so you guys don't need to use magnifying glass anymore. I'll add the fix in the next update...:yep:

Subwolf 09-03-17 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2510349)
I think I have found the solution how to change radio message font so you guys don't need to use magnifying glass anymore. I'll add the fix in the next update...:yep:

Excellent, great work :up:

THEBERBSTER 09-03-17 04:02 PM

Great news Vecko, that will help a lot of players that do not have good eye sight.
Peter

vigo101 09-03-17 05:33 PM

Black screen on startup now after updating from 2.07 to 2.08.. Anyone else had this problem or do I have to uninstall reinstall..?

vdr1981 09-03-17 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigo101 (Post 2510386)
Black screen on startup now after updating from 2.07 to 2.08.. Anyone else had this problem or do I have to uninstall reinstall..?

Just wait minute or two mate...Remove old updates from your jsgme...and no, you don't have to do full reinstallation of course if you've installed/updated your Twos per instructions.

THEBERBSTER 09-04-17 04:06 AM

Hi Vecko
The black screen start up is always a bit unnerving especially for those who have a lower spec computer because of the loading time to the menu.
It really needs some sound here to show that all is well and the game is loading and not frozen.
Peter

vdr1981 09-04-17 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2510428)
Hi Vecko
The black screen start up is always a bit unnerving especially for those who have a lower spec computer because of the loading time to the menu.
It really needs some sound here to show that all is well and the game is loading and not frozen.
Peter

I'm afraid that's not possible...only stuck and repetitive sound can be heard and that's even more unnerving and suspicious.
People should realize that nations roster is largely increased and the game needs some time to allocate all the files.
I'll see if i could add visual info instead of black screen, that would be quite useful and it could neutralize potential confusion...