SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-05-17 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2482108)
Vecko, the location of the fleet carrier was AN2322 as part of a large task force heading NE at 15 kts. The carrier was third in line in the middle row.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps8b9ybnob.jpg

:up:

Aniuk 05-05-17 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestart44 (Post 2482262)
i really need Your help .
when i played the game 1 month ago everting was fine

when i start the game me screen became black i hear the sound of the game but nothing more.

windows 10 64bit
processor core TM i5 - 6600cpu 3.30ghz
8gb ram
nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

There may be another issue: Did you upgrade Windows 10 with the recreator update? There is/was a problem with Nvidia GeForce drivers that resulted in a black screen in gameplay (with audio, but nothing else). It looks like there has been a driver update from Nvidia. But to be on the safe side for a while: i returned to the anniversary update of Windows 10.

I did not try: but on Nvidia forum it is stated that it will play games in windows box mode.

Wait and see.

Kind regards

Aniuk

THEBERBSTER 05-05-17 10:19 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > zillbermoon
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

Lestart44 05-05-17 11:42 AM

help pleas

thank You all for the help it works now :)
i had to reinstall the game and to download the new TWOS once again thanks a lot :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 05-05-17 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482059)
I get CTD tying to load hitoric missions TWOS 2.0 does anyone have the same?

Nope...

gezahu 05-06-17 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2482445)
Nope...

It was my fault. Messed up something, reinsatlled and fine.
A question. Does hydrophone RPM work in TWOS, I mean can I get speed from screw revolutions?

MCM 05-06-17 07:56 AM

What about the special abilities/upgrades you can give to the crew. In former years it was said e.g. don't upgrade your torpedo man because the torpedo calculator will then be broken. Or: Give a lot to the cook because it will increase the moral. What about now with TWOS v2.0? Which abilities are worth to upgrade, which are useless, which are even bad?

Happy hunting weekend :Kaleun_Cheers:

palmic 05-06-17 09:29 AM

Bosun and cook updates are always wanted as they keep morale up.
I personally want to have radio man experienced as quick as possible, because he then reports more close contacts including convoys

gezahu 05-06-17 09:59 AM

I noticed the following:
When I am trying to sneak into a convoy and position myself ahead silent running stopped no scope nothing the destroyer anyway notices me. How?
Do they always use sonar?

gezahu 05-06-17 10:00 AM

Well I forgot to say I am darn close to the first passing DD somewhat 3-400 meters but do nothing just sit there....

vdr1981 05-06-17 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2482539)
What about the special abilities/upgrades you can give to the crew. In former years it was said e.g. don't upgrade your torpedo man because the torpedo calculator will then be broken. Or: Give a lot to the cook because it will increase the moral. What about now with TWOS v2.0? Which abilities are worth to upgrade, which are useless, which are even bad?

Happy hunting weekend :Kaleun_Cheers:

Torpedoman upgrades won't brake anything due to Generic Patcher fixes but at the same time, they won't do much good either...That's why I set torpedoman upgrades to be quite "cheap"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482584)

Yes...SH games in general work this way...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482505)
It was my fault. Messed up something, reinsatlled and fine.
A question. Does hydrophone RPM work in TWOS, I mean can I get speed from screw revolutions?

Maybe some rough estimations but accurate target speed determination (for TDC), I don't think so. I didn't find this prospect to be quite realistic nor I have ever heard that WW2 hydro operators used this procedure for accurate speed determination (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If you use standalone RPM hydro mod your game will CTD...

palmic 05-06-17 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482584)
I noticed the following:
When I am trying to sneak into a convoy and position myself ahead silent running stopped no scope nothing the destroyer anyway notices me. How?

Do you have periscope out? They can spot it if you keep watching them so close.
Best practice is just to listen them at hydrophone, or watch jsut few seconds and then hide peri.

gezahu 05-06-17 01:55 PM

No I dont have anything out silent running no electric engine, nothing. If I am close enough where the DD passes it simply blows whistle and turns on me blind.

Other thing. Who thought that it is "ultra realistic" for a sub not being able to maintain depth below 200m? It is simply ultra not scientific. Maintaining depth is a simple bouyancy question at any depth given that the sub is not damaged and the density of the water is constant (which is). A healthy sub should be able to maintain any depth even standing still with fcareful ballasting.

Can I change this feature somewhere back to normal?

PS.
Sorry I did my homework and realized it is SH issue not WOS.

I also did my homework on sensors and realized that if you stay in active sonar range long enough you get pinged. It is also a game issue and very unrealistic as there is no way to know for the asdic that you are in range if you dont emit any noise....

Hey modding gurus! Can I edit detection ranges somehow. I want to decrease both my and the enemies range. I feel it so annoying that I dont see nothing and on the map there isa contact who supposedly sees me....

vdr1981 05-06-17 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482634)
No I dont have anything out silent running no electric engine, nothing. If I am close enough where the DD passes it simply blows whistle and turns on me blind.

Other thing. Who thought that it is "ultra realistic" for a sub not being able to maintain depth below 200m? It is simply ultra not scientific. Maintaining depth is a simple bouyancy question at any depth given that the sub is not damaged and the density of the water is constant (which is). A healthy sub should be able to maintain any depth even standing still with fcareful ballasting.

Can I change this feature somewhere back to normal?

PS.
Sorry I did my homework and realized it is SH issue not WOS.

Feel free to adjust submarine buoyancy parameters in sim files to you likeings, I'm pretty much done with it. Note that 100% realistic submarine behavior will never be possible due to SH engine and physics limitations...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2482634)

Hey modding gurus! Can I edit detection ranges somehow. I want to decrease both my and the enemies range. I feel it so annoying that I dont see nothing and on the map there isa contact who supposedly sees me....

You can experiment with values found in Sim.cfg and init.aix files...

gezahu 05-06-17 04:43 PM

Thanks Vecko
I played withsim.cfg but no avail the overall range does not change. I searched all aix files but no success. I also tried aisensors.gr2 and sim files but they are way too complicated for me.