SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Dominatus 03-01-17 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2469595)
Hi Vecko!
In my humble opinion, I prefer the traditional way to activate mods with JSGME ie zip files or rar files, so I can always control what they include and without automatism with JSGME. After all until now the traditional way it has always worked.
Can you release the update 1.06.07 in the traditional way?

Best regards.

Torpedo

Once again, huge thanks for all your work vdr, it's absolutely incredible.

I'd have to say I agree with Torpedo here. The old way works perfectly, plus exe files always carry a certain amount of suspicion or risk with them. Not everyone knows how to examine the inners of an executable file, whereas a zip/tar etc file contains no mysteries.
Knowing that you're first being redirected to an external site to download, then downloading an exe file just seems as though it might put people off.

End of the day it's your choice entirely, and regardless of which way you go, we all still wubs ya matey

THEBERBSTER 03-02-17 04:50 AM

Hi Vecko
Good work, and I can see your logic using the installer.:Kaleun_Applaud:
My PC was suspicious of your download because of the .exe, as it had no authenticity and said "unknown".
Peter

vdr1981 03-02-17 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2469711)
Hi Vecko
Good work, and I can see your logic using the installer.:Kaleun_Applaud:
My PC was suspicious of your download because of the .exe, as it had no authenticity and said "unknown".
Peter

Same here...:yep: That's normal because windows will recognize the installer as "unknown publisher', which is me...:)

vdr1981 03-02-17 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominatus (Post 2469647)
Once again, huge thanks for all your work vdr, it's absolutely incredible.

I'd have to say I agree with Torpedo here. The old way works perfectly, plus exe files always carry a certain amount of suspicion or risk with them. Not everyone knows how to examine the inners of an executable file, whereas a zip/tar etc file contains no mysteries.
Knowing that you're first being redirected to an external site to download, then downloading an exe file just seems as though it might put people off.

End of the day it's your choice entirely, and regardless of which way you go, we all still wubs ya matey

Noted, and thanks for your comment...:yep:
For now , I'll just wait to see how this goes. If we encounter some significant security issues or user's discontent, I can revert back to traditional rar/zip system in no time at all...:yep:

skin-nl 03-02-17 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2469569)
I just got tired of watching various YT TWoS videos with ugly combination of German and and English voices...:yep:

In a german sub.......german voices are a must!!!!! :03:

Michael

elder_gutknecht 03-02-17 03:11 PM

After an apocalypse i must reinstall a lot of programs, and can't find my saved games
I have read your new instructions and feel happy, much more easy
Let you know this weekend

Maroy33 03-03-17 03:25 AM

Hey :Kaleun_Salute:
Yesterday i decided to install SH5 again and check what changed in past few months. Right after game install i downloaded and installed TWOS, step by step as in install instructions. Then i launched my game, pressed new campaign, then i was in bunker and when i want to choose my mission i got this on map:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...924/mu5KN3.jpg

When commander stop giving briefing i cant choose any mission, cause i dont see objectives on map. Seems that this is issue only when i open map.
Im using SH5 version 1.2 downloaded by uplay downloader.
And this is the list of my activated mods:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...923/C8AHBP.jpg

I have installed all things needed, directx+redists, no changes. Then i reinstalled whole game again and this also didnt helped. Im about to give up cause fighting with mods is what i hate. I really dont have idea what is going wrong, but since TWOS is compiled to .exe i cant modify one mod that can be screwed.
Im using 1680x1050 resolution monitor right now.
Maybe some more experienced captain can help me with this issue?
Any help highly appreciated. Cause i really want to sink some ships :arrgh!:

P.S. sorry for my english but its not my native :up:

LesBaker 03-03-17 05:28 AM

Try enabling the 8:5 ratio as TWoS uses a standard 16:9.

Good Hunting
Les

vdr1981 03-03-17 05:32 AM

If you use 8:5 resolution (1680x1050) then you should use appropriate resolution patch also...(other than that, JSGME looks OK)

OS?
Running the game with administration rights?
How about to check some compatibility options when launching the game?
EDIT:
Generic patcher thingy, no encountered problems there?

Maroy33 03-03-17 06:05 AM

Thanks for fast reply.
So i just enabled 8x5 resolution patch in JSGME, launched game and still same issue.
And about my system i use windows 7 x64, all programs are running always in administration rights. I have no issues while enabling generic patcher (no errors) all just installed fine. Game is running in win 7 compatibilty (i tried other like vista, xp but this option dont make any changes)
The strange thing is even when i click toggle nav map bearing overlay visibility button it does nothing. i cant click skip button on mission briefing. Its like map overlay is glued forever :hmmm:

vdr1981 03-03-17 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469927)
Thanks for fast reply.
So i just enabled 8x5 resolution patch in JSGME, launched game and still same issue.
And about my system i use windows 7 x64, all programs are running always in administration rights. I have no issues while enabling generic patcher (no errors) all just installed fine. Game is running in win 7 compatibilty (i tried other like vista, xp but this option dont make any changes)
The strange thing is even when i click toggle nav map bearing overlay visibility button it does nothing. i cant click skip button on mission briefing. Its like map overlay is glued forever :hmmm:

Same OS here...But I run my SH5 without any compatibility settings (unchecked option), can you try that?:hmmm:

Maroy33 03-03-17 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2469929)
Same OS here...But I run my SH5 without any compatibility settings (unchecked option), can you try that?:hmmm:

After test without compatibility, no changes :hmmm:
So it seems that i cant use TWOS but i really want to. All should work without issues. But anyway thanks for your help and for your great work on this mod :up: and i hope i can play SH5 in future with TWOS enabled. For now i think i pass cause all posibilites has been run out for me.

vdr1981 03-03-17 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469932)
For now i think i pass cause all posibilites has been run out for me.

Not all yet...

There is one more possibility but you'll have to reinstall the game completely once again...

This time, dont do step 4 (to delete main.cfg file), instead just open it with notepad, find line ";Modding=Yes" and remove ";" mark, like this...

Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Install instructions are recently modified, maybe that is the problem...

Maroy33 03-03-17 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2469935)
Not all yet...

There is one more possibility but you'll have to reinstall the game completely once again...

This time, dont do step 4 (to delete main.cfg file), instead just open it with notepad, find line ";Modding=Yes" and remove ";" mark, like this...

Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Install instructions are recently modified, maybe that is the problem...

Ok gonna reinstall my game now and try this method, hope this helps. Will report back after test.

vdr1981 03-03-17 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469937)
Ok gonna reinstall my game now and try this method, hope this helps. Will report back after test.

:up: