SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

mikaelanderlund 09-06-15 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2342303)
Version with graduations uploaded :D

Great :up::up::up:

:salute: Mikael

Nobon 09-06-15 10:55 AM

Maybe I am the simpleton, and did not understood the method right, but neither the realnav celestial navigation document, nor jsizzle's forum method contains any high precisity -longitude- determination I can use. Only gives the first part, the actual timezone- which is still a very large portion of the sea compared to the pinpoint -latitude- determination. Though i did'nt read through the "noon" method, but as the sextant ingame won't go up until the zenit XD I think it's not very helpful.

Not that important anyway-.

BUT:

I use the attack disc in this manner:


http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...&dl=1441554798


And I get too high speeds with this method for some reason, and I still doesn't know how to read it when the target is less than 100 meter long. (on that case, if the target is 100m long, I should read the distance at 1000m. BUT if it's smaller, then where to read it? As the scale restarts with 9000)

andrewdok 09-06-15 07:26 PM

Hey Fellow Submariners,
I am having a bit of trouble getting to the next campaign. I made sure I was out to sea on June 1st 1940, actually didn't return to base until about June 15th but it still shows my campaign as Coastal Waters with no missions selectable. I have tried a few times and saved/reloaded as soon as I entered the bunker. I'd like to try to continue my campaign with this save as I've got some skill points into my crew etc and not use the silentotto command. Is there some workaround or a way I can edit my .cfg files in my saves folder to forcibly advance myself to Happy Times?
Thanks in advance!

vdr1981 09-06-15 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdok (Post 2342605)
Hey Fellow Submariners,
I am having a bit of trouble getting to the next campaign. I made sure I was out to sea on June 1st 1940, actually didn't return to base until about June 15th but it still shows my campaign as Coastal Waters with no missions selectable. I have tried a few times and saved/reloaded as soon as I entered the bunker. I'd like to try to continue my campaign with this save as I've got some skill points into my crew etc and not use the silentotto command. Is there some workaround or a way I can edit my .cfg files in my saves folder to forcibly advance myself to Happy Times?
Thanks in advance!

Can you upload you last game save? And also one before 1st June 1940?:hmmm:

Or even better, copy/paste the content of your Campaign.cfg file from your last gamesave...

andrewdok 09-06-15 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2342606)
Can you upload you last game save? And also one before 1st June 1940?:hmmm:

Or even better, copy/paste the content of your Campaign.cfg file from your last gamesave...

I believe this is the file you are referring to:

removed to not take up an entire page of the forum thread :)

vdr1981 09-07-15 06:43 AM

Did you start your current campaign with TWoS v1.04?
Your sub should instantly jump to Wilmhelmshafen when you reach 01/06/1940.:hmmm:
Do you still have one gamesave before this date?

vdr1981 09-07-15 07:52 AM

Those Polish seamen will never learn...Kiel kanal ...:D

http://s6.postimg.org/er8bc4zu9/SH5_...7_03_44_53.png

http://s6.postimg.org/ps3gh5s35/SH5_...7_03_49_06.png

15thSharpe 09-07-15 11:37 AM

Additional Emblem's?
 
Not sure if this has been covered already but is there any sort of compatibility issues between this mod and say A Fistful of Emblems or other mods dealing with the addition of emblems?
Thanks

vdr1981 09-07-15 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 15thSharpe (Post 2342753)
Not sure if this has been covered already but is there any sort of compatibility issues between this mod and say A Fistful of Emblems or other mods dealing with the addition of emblems?
Thanks

If the mod has any conflicting files with files from WoS , than I would say no...
You can try to merge changes from both files with some text editor but be careful not to brake something...:yep:

vdr1981 09-07-15 02:11 PM

I've replaced patch 5 with patch 6 (fixed encoding in some files) so those of you who have already downloaded the patch, replace it with a new one.

I don't think that there should be any problems with patch 5 but, just in case...

gap 09-07-15 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2342850)
I've replaced patch 5 with patch 6 (fixed encoding in some files) so those of you who have already downloaded the patch, replace it with a new one.

I don't think that there should be any problems with patch 5 but, just in case...

:up:

vdr1981 09-07-15 03:53 PM

Ooooh cr*ap...:oops: I messed up again...Wrong cfg files. :doh:

Putting back patch 5 until patch 7 is ready...:doh:

EDIT:
Finally...:()1:

P.S.
Never drink beer while modding...

andrewdok 09-08-15 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2342699)
Did you start your current campaign with TWoS v1.04?
Your sub should instantly jump to Wilmhelmshafen when you reach 01/06/1940.:hmmm:
Do you still have one gamesave before this date?

I may have started with an earlier patch. I am going to start a new campaign with patch 7 and see how it goes. I think part of my problem was overwriting saves while playing instead of creating new ones and deleting the old. Will report back with results :yeah:

gap 09-08-15 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2342904)
Ooooh cr*ap...:oops: I messed up again...Wrong cfg files. :doh:

Putting back patch 5 until patch 7 is ready...:doh:

EDIT:
Finally...:()1:

P.S.
Never drink beer while modding...

:rotfl2:

Nobon 09-08-15 06:17 PM

Greetings. Tested a tad more the mod, finished the first true patrol:

59000~ tonnes of merchant shipping, of 9 freighter, and 1 oil tanker,
and 3 shot down planes. Got the second class iron cross for it ^^
(had to go home, spent all the torp's, and the sub was SO damaged by depth charges, and aircraft attacks,
that submerging it to a certain exact depth and to KEEP that depth was a nightmareXD)

With realnav, and without contact updates.

The attack disc fixed wire method works well on medium to big ships to determine speed,

the AOB finding by aspect ratio
on attack disc also as good,

And the range determination of periscope grads and math:
K:
100 for attack scope 1.5x
400 for attack scope 6x
1000 for OBS 1.5
4000 for OBS 6x


H: mast height

M: marking on scope (be careful, in attack scope 6x, every line means 2, as the fifth line is 10, so one and a half line distance for example is actually 3...)

R: range R = H*(K/M) ///Do K/M first, of course thats the reason Id put it into ()


also works like a charm.

for range in km<>time in minutes<>speed in knots calculation I use the Nomograph provided.

For course planning I use the map tools, and only my navigator's celestial, and dead reckonings, though I do change the place of the last nav. point if I have dry land what I can use for navigation fix myself.

-------------

So far, the realnav and full manual targeting methods work out very well...
In fact I'm more succesful than I was in SH3 with contact updates+manual targeting. It seems that the "real life" methods work better than a constant contact updating cheat on map XD


Issues:


I start to receive ctd's after many minutes of 512 TC, or more than 64tc.
64tc seems ok, I managed to use the Kiel Harbor pilot script back to the harbor, without any ctd. So, to make sure about a long journey, I usually 512 for 1-2 minutes, then save.... Then continue. ...

ALso the game CTD's after a hour or two of normal, and half a hour spent in heavy visual places, but luckily no invalid saves, every game loads back fine.


A LAST, MAYBE IMPORTANT PART:

Since I am very dissatisfied with the stock game's ship log, and decoration methods, (no ceremony, nor mentioning it at all, in the patrol log, it just sneaks into your medal case. The ship log is half broken, and very dry, like a tweet page, etc.)

I maybe start to make an SH Commander-like windows application
, just simplier... For starters, if I do it, it's going to be for WOS only, but if all the files the same, it maybe goes with stock.

With a dumb-simple installation, WITHOUT the shadow of the usual third party program's long, and difficult install, and preparation...



The features in mind with an already thinked-over way of implementation (as I dugged up a bit the campaign files) is:


-Ability to select from different captain avatars, displaying in the application, and also ingame in the crew menu,

-Ability to view your patrol ship logs, with CORRECTLY implemented sunken target info, in an informative, clean, and maybe paper-feeling way,

-By the second part of the programming, an ability to create either a HTML or PDF, or an image of a patrol log, to be able to uniformly and nicely link it to the forum-

-MAYBE (that one needs research) ability to display -all- the sunken target's names

-Plans to develop a method to nicely display all of your decorations, with a little side info-

-in the FAR future, maybe some kind of small roleplay element in the bar, and maybe to visit your superiors to get questioned about the last patrol events.


I can't promise for sure to start this thing, only if Im going to have time for it in the coming months, but just shared it to let you think about it as a possibility.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.