SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

maillemaker 04-21-15 09:05 PM

Hi all.

I have just discovered this megamod. This looks fantastic - cuts a lot of work out of installing stuff.

I have followed all the instructions, and I launched the game, and I saved and loaded a game while in the bunker. I went and talked to the mission assigner dude, and he went through his spiel on my mission.

There are two missions shown:

The old "Baltic patrol", and then below it "First assignment" or something like that.

If I click on "Baltic Patrol" an X appears in the ocean and an info box next to it and I can choose "accept mission".

But if I click on the "First assignment" the patrol box is burried in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and I cann see the entire box and cannot click on the "accept mission" button.

I did not install any of the 16:9 or whatever aspect ratio mods.

Any ideas? I'm on about page 5 of reading this thread.

Steve

vdr1981 04-22-15 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2308471)
Hi all.

But if I click on the "First assignment" the patrol box is burried in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and I cann see the entire box and cannot click on the "accept mission" button.

Steve

It's "First Deployment" and that's intentional, there are no additional missions for that one, just ignore it... The mission is only visible for one day...

alien41 04-22-15 06:32 PM

Hello Vdr ;

We should receive crosses to complete the missions ?

I finished the mission " baltic operation" and " Scapa Flow " and did not get anything . :hmmm:

Thanks

vdr1981 04-23-15 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alien41 (Post 2308735)
Hello Vdr ;

We should receive crosses to complete the missions ?

That's not necessary...
Small crosses (aka value points ) are only used to unlock missions and to define victory /defeat message between campaigns, and that's all. Now, all missions are date controlled and defeat message is changed to more appropriate one, so those crosses are not important anymore . What's important is overall tonnage anywhere in the world, tankers and capital ships...:yep:

vdr1981 04-23-15 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2308442)
After a fresh SH5 installation with this mod (and the patch + hot fix), I encounter a lot of weird bugs. Maybe some of you know why they happen or how to fix, cause they make it next to unplayable for me.

- Crew often not on deck after surfacing the boat, only saving/reloading helps.
I use blow ballast all the time when surfacing and I saw that bug only once...It's the same for diveing, use GUI buttons...

- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
Small side effect from one of the patches but your commands are accepted correctly, works much better with SH3 interface...

- Ordering full stop takes ages, screws keep turning/running for a while, so does the Diesel - seems odd.
From the RPM inertia patch which deals with unrealistic sporty sub and AI unit performances, very stupid feature of all SH game IMO.

- Water drops sometimes "freeze" on the lens/screen and don't disappear for a while - can I delete those completely? I hate them.
There is a patch for that too but it seems it doesn't work...

- Ships/boat sometimes stops 'bobbing' completely. I noticed this while shooting with the DG on some merchant. While it was nice for precise shooting, it definitely was a bug. Sea was absolutely calm - but boats and ships usually always move a little.
0 wind speed patch...Maybe it's better to disable this patch...:yep:

- I attacked a polish submarine, hit it stern and to my surprise, the sub wasn't destroyed immediately. The bow was sticking out of the water, rest was deep below and I could hear the machines still running, it even made some knots... what the?
- Known bug, AI subs could be really strange...

- Some orders happen with huge delays, sometimes they don't work at all.
For example, I ordered a crash dive, it was listed in the message box bottom right, I heard the alarm bell etc... but the boat just never dived?

That delay simulate crew entering the sub and without it SH5 subs will crashdive in less than 15s. You can edit time delays via TDW options file editor...

Why does the 1WO still have his eyepatch?
And are these silly special abilities still ingame?

Because he lost his eye?
Not really , check readme documentation of Real U-boat performace and Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 mods...

Another important thing: Language.
I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?

Unfortunately not (yet)...German menu.txt is not compatible...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2308462)
Speaking of 'bugs'.
Just leaving Kiel for my second patrol on September 3, when...

http://i.gyazo.com/90da3052229740059f9b57eceb5c8df3.png

It is (was) a polish merchant, heading for Kiel on September 3, 1939. :har:

It happens sometimes due to random unit activation...

P.S.
Turn off those GPS map updates and play like veteran...With TDW Real Navigation....:up: I would never shift to SH5 if this mod wasn't released...

vdr1981 04-23-15 02:06 PM

Hotfix is updated...Maybe you guys with CTD will have more luck this time...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4670

Nippelspanner 04-23-15 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2308937)
- Crew often not on deck after surfacing the boat, only saving/reloading helps.
I use blow ballast all the time when surfacing and I saw that bug only once...It's the same for diveing, use GUI buttons...

Ok, I'll try using the GUI instead, if I do (I'm SO used to keys by now) I'll report back if I notice a difference.
Quote:

- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
Small side effect from one of the patches but your commands are accepted correctly, works much better with SH3 interface...

Ah, yeah I figured that by now, it was just confusing the first time it happened.
Quote:

- Ordering full stop takes ages, screws keep turning/running for a while, so does the Diesel - seems odd.
From the RPM inertia patch which deals with unrealistic sporty sub and AI unit performances, very stupid feature of all SH game IMO.

I never liked the "Ferrari" subs and was happy to see that this was addressed. Most of the time it works correctly, but once or twice (when I reported it), it didn't and kept running/moving for minutes.
However, the Diesels should be able to stop in a matter of seconds though, from what I know about them.
Quote:

- Water drops sometimes "freeze" on the lens/screen and don't disappear for a while - can I delete those completely? I hate them.
There is a patch for that too but it seems it doesn't work...

I disabled it and it seems to work for the drops - but not always for whatever reason. I do get them a lot less and if they appear, I just dive the cam underwater and that 'cleans' the lens. :03:
Quote:

- Ships/boat sometimes stops 'bobbing' completely. I noticed this while shooting with the DG on some merchant. While it was nice for precise shooting, it definitely was a bug. Sea was absolutely calm - but boats and ships usually always move a little.
0 wind speed patch...Maybe it's better to disable this patch...:yep:

Yeah I figured by now that this might be intended and I highly welcome it. Calm waters are calm waters - I always hated the over-modeled bobbing around in SH5, like in the U-Boat bunker. I just thought it is a bug since vanilla SH never did that.
Quote:

- I attacked a polish submarine, hit it stern and to my surprise, the sub wasn't destroyed immediately. The bow was sticking out of the water, rest was deep below and I could hear the machines still running, it even made some knots... what the?
- Known bug, AI subs could be really strange...

Copy that.

Quote:

- Some orders happen with huge delays, sometimes they don't work at all.
For example, I ordered a crash dive, it was listed in the message box bottom right, I heard the alarm bell etc... but the boat just never dived?

That delay simulate crew entering the sub and without it SH5 subs will crashdive in less than 15s. You can edit time delays via TDW options file editor...

Ah ok, that's interesting!

Quote:

Why does the 1WO still have his eyepatch?
And are these silly special abilities still ingame?

Because he lost his eye?
Not really , check readme documentation of Real U-boat performace and Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 mods...

Will check them out thanks.
Regarding the 1WO.
Yes, he lost his eye but my point comes from a historical/realistic background. A watch officer (or actually any crew member aboard a sub) with just one eye would have never-ever served on a U-Boat.
I know, I know, Ubi thought they are so super original by making him a friend or relative to Dönitz (oh come on!) and so he gets the extra sausage but that is just plain silly and from all I know about Dönitz, he would have never been "that guy".
That is why I was surprised to find this uhm "feature" in any mod at all.

Are there compatible crew skin mods maybe?

Quote:

Another important thing: Language.
I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?

Unfortunately not (yet)...German menu.txt is not compatible...

Ok, no big deal though. By now, I'm used to English text on German boats. :03:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my issues/questions, much appreciated!

Deep_Hunter 04-23-15 02:42 PM

For german language you can use raven corax German Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259 like Dragon suggested in his addon. I use it and it works fine :D Only the radio messages are still in english
@vdr: Could you please remove the low resolution of the dynenv...since you changed it to lowres I get huge ugly brown rocks in underwater view...

vdr1981 04-23-15 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2308949)
For german language you can use raven corax German Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259 like Dragon suggested in his addon. I use it and it works fine :D Only the radio messages are still in english
@vdr: Could you please remove the low resolution of the dynenv...since you changed it to lowres I get huge ugly brown rocks in underwater view...

I think the issue is not related to Dyn Env low res patch. That patch is with TWoS since day one. If I remember correctly it's stock graphical glitch...Usually those rocks will dissapear after you dive again with free camera...

PaulB 04-24-15 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2308940)
Hotfix is updated...Maybe you guys with CTD will have more luck this time...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4670

Download link is not working, something must have probably gone wrong when you uploaded the file.

zuff 04-24-15 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2309167)
Download link is not working, something must have probably gone wrong when you uploaded the file.

Can confirm, not working for me either.

vdr1981 04-24-15 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuff (Post 2309172)
Can confirm, not working for me either.

Sry about that guys, try it now...
If any have downloaded hotfix2 without mentioned changes in menu.txt in readme file please redownload the hotfix...

Nippelspanner 04-24-15 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2308949)

Thanks man, I'll give it a try!
Radio messages in English are fine - I wish they would be all in their native language, so an English vessel sendiinng SSS should be in English, obviously, but BdU messages should be German.

Edit: I just checked the file, the BdU generated messages are in German so... it should work, shouldn't it?

Code:

4190=Funktelegramm
4191=FT-Eingang
4192=Von: %s|An: %s|%s
4193=BdU
4194=Meldung über Funkkontakt
4195=Kontaktmeldung. %s %s, %s, Kurs %s, Fahrt %d Knoten.
4196=Kontaktmeldung erhalten. Gute Arbeit!
4197=Seien Sie aggressiver!
4198=Weiter so!
4199=Rückmarsch antreten!

4200=Fühlungshaltermeldung
4201=%s. Position %s
4202=Geleitzug gesichtet.|Ungefähre Fahrt %d Knoten.|Ungefährer Kurs %d Grad.
4203=Kampfverband gesichtet.|Ungefähre Fahrt %d Knoten.|Ungefährer Kurs %d Grad.
4204=Empfangen

I'll give it a shot.

barel80 04-24-15 06:36 PM

My adventure with Silent Hunter 5 and Wolves of Steel started and ended with crash to desktop after the mission loaded...

Core i7, Nvidia GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1

Does anyone have the same problem ? Mission is loading and it crashes before submarine interior appears...

Nippelspanner 04-24-15 07:57 PM

Did you install the SH5 patch(es)?
Uplay does NOT do that automatically, you have to do it manually, using the updater in Main Folder\Support\GameUpdater.