SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Silent Hunter 3 crashes (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250187)

Vin diesel 08-05-21 03:07 PM

Silent Hunter 3 crashes

Hi guys, i've been reding you since i recently started playing SH3 for lerning some of the game mecanics.

But now i come to you seeking for help, every time the campaing loads, the game crashes and takes me to the desktop and i don't now what to do to solve this.

Its a shame because im loving the game!!

Thanks in advance and good hunt!!!

CapZap1970 08-05-21 09:06 PM

Hello Vin diesel, Welcome to the forum.

First of all, would be great if you could provide some details like:
-Your PC specs
-What OS are you using?
-Plain SH3 or other mods enabled?
-Do you have DVD install or Steam version?
-Do you have the 1.4B patch?

That info would be very helpful, just be patient and other skilled members will give you hand to sort it out. Hang in there... :salute:

WolfyBrandon 08-06-21 11:13 PM

If your running Windows 10, try this...

Right click on the SH3.exe, go to properties, and enable...

"Run as Administrator" and also set Run In Compatibility Mode for "Windows 7"

See if that helps... (It solved my loading crashes on Windows 10)

pikke 08-11-21 02:51 AM

I'm having the same issue and had it since I updated my AMD drivers.
I somewhat managed to solve it, at least partially, enabling compatibility mode with Windows Xp Service pack 3.

I keep having troubles once in a while and often there are graphic glitches (i.e. vessels with hull not visible, sailors with invisible binoculars, screen freezing and havin to hit win key and then click back in the game)

I'll try WolfyBrandon (thanks!) advice and see if it improves things.

David I 08-11-21 11:56 AM

Be sure not to load the Stock SH3 game into any of the "Program" Folders (the stock SH3 game auto directs you to the Program Folders). Instead install directly into the C:Folder. Then make sure you install GWX into that folder.

David I

WolfyBrandon 08-11-21 05:57 PM

Just another note as David I pointed out, I'm running the steam version of SH3 that is located in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\

I also have the 4gb Patch installed.

pikke 08-27-21 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikke (Post 2762248)
I'm having the same issue and had it since I updated my AMD drivers.
I somewhat managed to solve it, at least partially, enabling compatibility mode with Windows Xp Service pack 3.

I keep having troubles once in a while and often there are graphic glitches (i.e. vessels with hull not visible, sailors with invisible binoculars, screen freezing and havin to hit win key and then click back in the game)

I'll try WolfyBrandon (thanks!) advice and see if it improves things.

ok, running it with compatibility with win7 improved things, lot less crashes.
Just installed latest AMD driver, let's hope this solve it all.

Jeremiah110 08-31-21 03:21 AM

Re installing Win7 solved 99% of my crashes

Theres a guide out there somewhere about getting 7 running on modern hardware

Petar Stevanovic 10-13-21 05:58 AM

You could try patching you SH3 game with 4gb patch, but also set compatability of you Sh3.exe to windows xp or windows 7 compatability. Both can be helpfull. There is a tutorial on youtube for 4gb patch along with some other things.

Aktungbby 10-13-21 11:09 AM

Welcome aboard!

Vin diesel!:Kaleun_Salute:

Krolm 11-06-21 09:50 PM

I had lots of crashes when i started playing SH3 with GWX mod
Following steps will fix 99% of your issues

1. Install 4gb patch so the game can use more memory (only download this if you have a 64bit computer)
2. Go to properties of SH3.exe change compatibility to windows xp and give it administrator rights
3. Read GWX manual there is a section that tells what to do and what not to do when playing the GWX mod
4. Some computers have problems with 100% particles when attacking convoys they experience CTD (The moment your torpedo touches the ship) to counter this reduce particles to 30 % or less dont go 0% particles or the game will look like lego with no bubbles no smoke not even explosions and torpedo impacts
5. If you have problems in port then activate the "Less harbour traffic mod" using JSGME
6. Most importantly start a new campaign and read the readme files that are attached with every mod they are very helpful and will 90% of your problems

Welcome to SUBSIM kaluen :salute:

:subsim:

CNchee 11-20-21 10:59 AM

Most of the time, sh3. exe will need compatibility Settings or administrator mode to run, in addition to maintaining normal resolution, and do not conflict between modules. This is generally not a problem into the game.

BTW
Sometimes I get knocked down or hit on a dock fence and my career ends, but I hope you don't.
:Kaleun_Cheers: