SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Beginners Mod List For SH4 Including Download Links (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233131)

Fifi 06-22-18 12:57 PM

Probably worth a try, yes. But for that, I need to download FOTRS… and i’m Not ready yet. (One day downloading delay with my crappy connection)
I’m waiting for next Fotrs update anyway. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 06-22-18 04:58 PM

Hi Fifi
PM sent.
Peter

Fifi 06-23-18 01:39 AM

Thanks a lot Peter, i’ll try it and report back later on :up:

Fifi 06-23-18 03:04 AM

Cool, it works :yeah:
I’ll make it as a jsgme mod now, instead of deleting stock files.
Thanks Peter

THEBERBSTER 06-23-18 04:27 AM

Hi Fifi
Wow, that is good news.
Am I right in thinking you only put the 1 Hud dds file in a folder and the folder in JSGME?
Peter

Fifi 06-23-18 05:07 AM

In fact I putted the 2 files, because was not 100% sure only one was working ok.
After a quick test with only one file gave me the sensation not all the buttons were 100% active. But I could be wrong…
Anyway the game will take the files needed, with both in jsgme :)

I activated last in jsgme and result is perfect.

THEBERBSTER 06-23-18 06:39 AM

Fifi
Thanks for the information I will make it into a JSGME folder as an optional Hud for SH4 Stock and my mega mod.
Peter

Fifi 06-23-18 10:15 AM

Good idea Peter.
I much prefer the new bar than stock one :yep:

THEBERBSTER 06-23-18 11:28 AM

This alternative hud is the same as can be found in FOTRSU and TMO and is an option to be able to use it in my Mega Mod with GFO.
It can also be used in the Stock game as well.
Full documentation and pictures included.
Alternative Hud For SH4 Compiled By THEBERBSTER > Enable JSGME
Peter

Fifi 06-24-18 05:39 AM

Hi Peter,
I think you should provide the additional 3000m bearing tool mod instead of your 3000 yard bearing tool mod for those who use metrics instead of imperials…
I didn’t even know they were existing :)
Of course, the one for the right resolution…

Maphisto86 09-15-18 12:58 AM

Hello Peter.

I tried to install this wonderful mega mod you compiled on my computer but it keeps trying to find nonexistent files within the mod files everytime I start the game. I had successfully installed it on a different computer just fine, but it refuses to work on my own laptop. At first, I thought it was a missing file in my stock game but a clean reinstall did not sort out the issue. The game keeps saying files are missing such as 'data/menu/data/black80.tga' and 'data/menu/skins/american/gui/intelligenceunits/paper.dds. Are you familiar with either of these files?

THEBERBSTER 09-15-18 05:09 AM

Hi M
Sounds more like a corrupted install with all those missing files.
Do you have the option to copy the game from the computer to your laptop?
Peter

propbeanie 09-15-18 06:28 AM

Which version of the game do you have Maphisto86? If you got the game from Steam, it might be v1.3. The mod needs v1.5, which has Uboats in it. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 09-15-18 09:21 AM

Hi M
Silent Hunter should not be installed in the Programs Files (x86) directory as it has restrictions.

Downloaded my mega mod and installed on a pristine SH4 copy.
Installed LAA,
Installed JSGME and Mods.

SH4.exe as administrator.
Installed MultiSH4,

Game loaded no problems.:salute:

Peter

Maphisto86 09-16-18 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2568780)
Which version of the game do you have Maphisto86? If you got the game from Steam, it might be v1.3. The mod needs v1.5, which has Uboats in it. :salute:

I have the v1.5 copy; the "Gold" edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2568813)
Hi M
Silent Hunter should not be installed in the Programs Files (x86) directory as it has restrictions.

Downloaded my mega mod and installed on a pristine SH4 copy.
Installed LAA,
Installed JSGME and Mods.

SH4.exe as administrator.
Installed MultiSH4,

Game loaded no problems.:salute:

Peter

I will try to use MultiSH4 and see if it works. The game loads just fine on Vanilla but not with any of the mods activated. Strange since I did the same thing for the other family desktop and it ran fine with mods installed. :hmmm:

EDIT: Sept 17 2018

A new install appeared to fix things. Something must have happened during my previous install to muck up the files. Thanks for your suggestions THEBERBSTER and propbeanie. :salute: