SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Idiot needs help please. From Steam to disc. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=251487)

Emucrawlers74 01-06-22 10:07 AM

Idiot needs help please. From Steam to disc.

Hi, I recently bought SH4 via steam for 2 bucks but after playing it for a bit ended up buying the cd 'gold edition' with the U boot missions. I do want to mod this. I am unfortunately a bit challenged when it comes to steering a gonkulator and am unsure if i should completely wipe the steam version before i install the cd version. In my ignorant mind i can imagine one version conflicting with the other.

Can anyone help a not too bright bloke find the best way to proceed?

There might be other stuff I should know for the installation and set up stage that isn't covered in that massive post by the Berbster, if anyone has a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lads.

Mad Mardigan 01-06-22 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emucrawlers74 (Post 2786582)
Hi, I recently bought SH4 via steam for 2 bucks but after playing it for a bit ended up buying the cd 'gold edition' with the U boot missions. I do want to mod this. I am unfortunately a bit challenged when it comes to steering a gonkulator and am unsure if i should completely wipe the steam version before i install the cd version. In my ignorant mind i can imagine one version conflicting with the other.

Can anyone help a not too bright bloke find the best way to proceed?

There might be other stuff I should know for the installation and set up stage that isn't covered in that massive post by the Berbster, if anyone has a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lads.

Only way I know of, to cause a conflict, would be to try & install the disc copy to that same folder area where the Steam version is.

That said, can create a destination folder... outside of Window's rabid pit bull, otherwise known of as... UAC keeping it out of UAC's Darth Vader, Vulcan King Kong death grip of dictatorship... & thereby, out of its... fife dom.

In other words, do NOT install the disc copy of SH4 into either of C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) & you should be golden.

create in the C: directory a folder... then name that folder, like for example... MyGames then in that folder... tell the disc copy to install there.

Hope that info helps. :shucks:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Emucrawlers74 01-07-22 01:47 AM

Perfect. That alleviates my concerns. Thanks for the C directory advice too.

Thanks mate.

Mad Mardigan 01-07-22 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emucrawlers74 (Post 2786683)
Perfect. That alleviates my concerns. Thanks for the C directory advice too.

Thanks mate.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.