SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Sargo tower upgrade - lost SJ radar... again... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201234)

Shkval 01-06-13 07:46 AM

Sargo tower upgrade - lost SJ radar... again...

Well this becomes tiresome... after all modes and patches I lost my radar after tower refit... tried to reload... even to return from Japanese islands all the way back home again and nothing changed... is there a cure for this?
Running TMO 2.5 + RSRDC+RSRDC patch...

Red October1984 01-06-13 12:59 PM

Take a little bit of renown...and put another one on.

:up:

Shkval 01-06-13 03:22 PM

Tried also... doesn't work...

merc4ulfate 01-06-13 03:40 PM

Almost every refit I go through I have to re purchase with renown the same equipment I had before the refit. I just add them again and all is good.

Red October1984 01-06-13 03:43 PM

I just got a shiny new Balao class submarine...SJ Radar is pretty helpful. I had it on the Gar Class boat I used before.

Radar actually has a use in SH4. In SH3, It was next to useless.

Shkval 01-06-13 04:19 PM

Guys, what I'm trying to say is that there is no radar no matter what I do, buy it, reload, etc etc I had red some old threads about this bug/problem, and there are some solutions involving digging and editing the files but none of this solutions is for my list of modes... there is even a separate mod for this problem but only for stock 1.5 game... will it work for TMO 2.5+RSRDC... anyone tried?

HertogJan 01-06-13 05:45 PM

Well... euhm....

You have a new tower, the radar installed was not salvageable for the new one due to new measurments, cabling and piping, hens the cost of a new one :know:.

Regards,

Lt.Cdr Fitting
Shipyard 20
Pearl Harbor

merc4ulfate 01-08-13 01:39 PM

I'm running the latest TMO and RSRD together. I had issues in the past with refits not coming out correctly and not being able to apply items. I found I was running an old RSRD with the latest TMO. After I scrubbed all mods and then made sure to initialize the mods one at a time rebooting between activations all is well and there is no refit issues or deck gun issues.

Larrywb57 02-23-13 06:52 PM

I also brought SJ-radar for my Salmon class boat after conning tower refit. It doesn't work when I turn on the switch on the order bar or at the radar station. I have since completed a patrol after the refit and in the middle of another patrol. I don't mind spending renown to the equipment, need to spend to keep the war effort going. I have also read the post earlier, 'Where's my SJ Radar?' (Post#180088 &highlight=Salmon%28). I thought it might be a shot in the dark, but I downloaded and tried CaptScurvy's 'Stock SH4 version 1.5 Upgrades Correction.' Even after reading the readme, I thought it might not work. But, I enjoy this game so much! Thanks to all the skippers that help folks like me to understand how the game works and to the skippers that take time to make the mods that make this game so enjoyable. :salute:
My mods are:
TMO 2.5,
1.5 OTC 031212 for TMO 2.5
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for TMO

NedLand 10-12-21 07:42 AM

Sargo half cut radar problem

Brought my Sargo into Brisbane January 9, 1943. Received the half cut conning tower upgrade, noticed all my radar and deck weapons were gone, purchased new radar and weapons, and shipped out. I cannot turn on my radar, though my equipment list shows it installed. There is no visible radar antenna of either type on the tower. Is there a fix for this? Looking through the UnitPartsSargo6 file there are some options that look promising. Has anyone seen this issue in the past?

Bubblehead1980 10-12-21 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NedLand (Post 2773914)
Brought my Sargo into Brisbane January 9, 1943. Received the half cut conning tower upgrade, noticed all my radar and deck weapons were gone, purchased new radar and weapons, and shipped out. I cannot turn on my radar, though my equipment list shows it installed. There is no visible radar antenna of either type on the tower. Is there a fix for this? Looking through the UnitPartsSargo6 file there are some options that look promising. Has anyone seen this issue in the past?

Unfortunately, it is an old bug that is still present. I have tried to solve it in TMO but am at standstill, but we do have options. Below is a link to the downloads section where you can get instructions on how to fix your current boat.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5726

I am working on putting together instructions for manual refits since game does not do it properly.

You will see in the Data/Submarine/Salmon.UPC the conning tower upgrade dates. Typically for early war boats its 6/26/42. SJ becomes available before this, then the upgrade happens a patrol or two later after June 26, 1942 , usually. Then of course, you have to reequip SJ radar and as you found, it does not work.

I have found best solution is to (using the procedure in the link above) refit the conning tower the upgrade date, before the sim does it on its own and usually prevents losing radar.

If your case, you may have to go back to a previous save, but least you can solve it. While I believe the document says can do it at sea, I prefer to do this while in port.

Make sure to back up current files.

Hope this helps.