SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

boogieman335 04-25-20 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2666108)
Awesome Boogieman! Looks really nice in my TWoS. I got to make work Reshade with KSD start button so I'm very happy and quarantined.

Many thanks for the great work.

And a request: Is there a way to put full beards to the crew? That little beard of the watchman seems too cared for an Uboat after 30 days on patrol...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Sorry but I don't know how to do that. That NPC already had a problem with the head being to big, as the guy who made the original mighty fine crew mod stated in his thread when he developed it. Also he had a weird glitch where he changes uniform 2 times when going to and from the bridge. I managed to fix that. The other NPC enlisted change uniform when they get to their station. I changed the navigator because the coat he wore before always had clipping issues and has a normal map that doesn't line up with textures very well. The uniforms are not completely history accurate in this game. TWoS comes with ones that are more like the tropical uniforms worn in the Med or south Atlantic. According to the replicators web site the blue grey uniforms were the most common worn by crews in the Atlantic. The first officers jacket could be blue grey with the shoulder boards I used on him or it could be the kakhi or od green colored denim one with different shoulder boards. Same for the topedo men fore and aft, and the now the navigator. The dark sweaters aren't really the dark blue pullovers but they are close enough that I put the torpedo, and underwater spec on their sleeves and gave them a seaman rank. I just think it looks better. If you prefer the green one on the first officer the texture is in my first mod, its the same resolution. The uniforms in this mod are all double resolution of the originals and compressed with dxt5 compression to preserve frame rates. This game has original textures that are some in dxt5 some dxt 1, some rgb8. A lot of different compressions and resolutions. I think this is why the frame rates always drop in Kiel because so many different compressions, but short of going through and converting every texture in the game there is no way to change it.

boogieman335 04-25-20 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugermann (Post 2666093)
Oh, it's perfect for me too.

Great work. Great mod.

:Kaleun_Applaud:.

Thanks, I just wish I could figure out how to make the Latitude and Longitude numbers a little bigger on the map. I already colored them white in my game thanks to one of Peter's tutorials. LOL

gap 04-25-20 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 (Post 2666040)
I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for £25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around £14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply

I can imagine how you feel ShootingFish and I could undersign some of your phrases. Buying back the game would have been an option if the price was a fairer one, but it seems that these days that's not the case.
I am sure that there are better way to solve your issue (I myself gave you an alternative), and that eventually you will manage playing TWoS in all its splendour.

gap off :salute:

propbeanie 04-25-20 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 (Post 2666040)
I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for £25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around £14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply

I'm sure Peter missed your post, but he has a "fix" for the UPlay version that will allow you do use TWoS:

Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS

gap 04-25-20 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2666157)
I'm sure Peter missed your post, but he has a "fix" for the UPlay version that will allow you do use TWoS:

Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS

:up:

zeus 04-26-20 03:36 PM

hello

the mega mod TWO is very good in everything
a question: in the campaign is there any opportunity to create wolfpacks with AI submarines?
If there is, I suppose it will be very limited.

GrenSo 04-27-20 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2664605)
Working on it... :yep: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...4&postcount=11

I am also working on whole bunch of other campaign related things, including global improvement of world's shipping lines, shipping groups and other campaign files. I cant give the exact ETA date for the next update but when it's done it will definitely have a lot of important improvements...:yep:

Great to here and I look forward for the next release.
Please take all the time you need. Or like we say in German: "Gut Ding will Weile haben." :Kaleun_Wink:

nemeor 04-27-20 03:05 PM

Love The Wolves of Steel

Hello everyone,

Thank you a lot VDR for your work.

I love this mod, but the sound of the flak is horrible ! I want to change it (by a more realistic), can you tell me where can i found the song of the flak inside the folder of silent hunter 5 ? I will change it and i will give you the new sound VDR. :Kaleun_Salute:

reedca82 04-27-20 07:24 PM

some possible feedback/question

Currently in Happy Times, and the generic sink convoy/a tanker at said marker missions are just frustrating as I never am able to accomplish them. It seems convoys never pass through that area (I'm guessing 200km) before it expires/turns red/fails.

Am I missing something? I prefer the old style "patrol X grid" where you'd at least see that get accomplished.

Anyway, just some feedback.

Aktungbby 04-27-20 08:25 PM

Welcome aboard!

nemeor!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 04-28-20 04:49 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > memeor
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Jimbuna 04-28-20 06:05 AM

Welcome to SubSim nemeor :salute:

nemeor 04-28-20 07:55 AM

Thanks !

Thanks ! :Kaleun_Cheers:

willi04hunter 04-29-20 01:01 PM

Installation

Installation

Texas Red 04-29-20 07:45 PM

There were a few problems I would encounter that annoyed me very much.
So, after I completed North Western Approaches, I get the screen that would usually be displayed after you quit to menu or quit the game. Y'know, the missions, tonnage sunk, status etc? I was like, "This is strange" and I click next and the screen pops up that would usually resemble the end of a campaign chapter, a color U-boat photo with some text off to the side.

I felt like I had completed the campaign chapter way to quickly. So I reloaded and reloaded the game only to get the same results.

Any way to fix this?

vdr1981 05-01-20 11:40 AM

OK, I'm pretty much done with campaign files editing for all campaign chapters, lots of fixes, new and rearranged traffic lines, new coastal shipping lines, no more our of place traffic (like German support tankers in the middle of English channel or allied ships in dangerous waters within Luftwaffe reach) ect ect. Detailed change log will follow...:yep:

I'll now try to replace German logn range support missions ship with proper type-XIV "Milchkühe" boat from GWX. Fingers crossed...:)

https://i.postimg.cc/TYqb6Tpf/Capture.jpg

Texas Red 05-01-20 12:25 PM

Great! Cannot wait!

fitzcarraldo 05-01-20 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2667381)
OK, I'm pretty much done with campaign files editing for all campaign chapters, lots of fixes, new and rearranged traffic lines, new coastal shipping lines, no more our of place traffic (like German support tankers in the middle of English channel or allied ships in dangerous waters within Luftwaffe reach) ect ect. Detailed change log will follow...:yep:

I'll now try to replace German logn range support missions ship with proper type-XIV "Milchkühe" boat from GWX. Fingers crossed...:)

Milkcows! That's awesome!

Waiting the new update. Many thanks!

vdr1981 05-01-20 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2667396)
Great! Cannot wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2667401)
Milkcows! That's awesome!

Waiting the new update. Many thanks!

Well, it's not going to a real "looker" but it'll be better to have a real milch-cow for in-patrol refitting instead of currently used Dithermarschen class tankers and type VIIC U-boats...What do you thing guys?

https://i.postimg.cc/Pq5j3Q81/SH5-Im...1-21-07-25.jpg

fitzcarraldo 05-01-20 02:46 PM

Good for me.

Great job!