SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-27-16 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2384895)
I tried to enable and disable every single option even supermarks and fixes, but it was still visible.

Right now its hidden, but it shows when i hover area near Glasgow by cursor.

I have no extra mod but last update of TWOS with real navigation and Sjizzle's nautical charts which was published recently.

Hehe, that's not an airplane...It's some kind of airbase range representation. If you disable ral navigation you'll see that those markings are actually part of the circle...:yep:

Also Sjizzle's chart mod has been added with latest patch...

THEBERBSTER 02-27-16 03:34 PM

Hi Vecko
Does this mean that gamers not using Real Navigation should be able to see the contact shapes and colors?
Quote:

Patch 14
- TDW Real Navigation mod is enhanced with No_contact_shapes_or_colors_1_1_0 which means that radio contacts (red and green squares shown in nav map) will not be displayed for Real Nav Captains. Automatically shown radio contacts are inconsistent with Real Nav mod and can potentially reveal players location.
Peter

palmic 02-27-16 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2384921)
Hehe, that's not an airplane...It's some kind of airbase range representation. If you disable ral navigation you'll see that those markings are actually part of the circle...:yep:

Also Sjizzle's chart mod has been added with latest patch...

Ok thanks! :salute:

palmic 02-28-16 06:51 AM

From 5th. update i dont see "silent running" icon and i cannot switch it off.
It just toggles off automatically after emerging.

excel4004 02-28-16 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2385072)
From 5th. update i dont see "silent running" icon and i cannot switch it off.
It just toggles off automatically after emerging.

Strange, i dont got this issue.

Quote:

German Language Mod :

Ill try to keep it always up-to-date. Usually one day after releasing a new update

German Forum Thread
It needs to start a fresh/new campaign but after this it seems to work fine. Maybe an inclusive mod for the next WoS version/update Vecko? Maybe you can keep an eye on it, thx.

vdr1981 02-28-16 03:46 PM

Can anyone tell me what is correct: U-flak , U-Flak or U-FlaK ?

German guys?

excel4004 02-28-16 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2385230)
Can anyone tell me what is correct: U-flak , U-Flak or U-FlaK ?

German guys?

In German its called U-FlaK.

(Flugabwehrkanone)

Sjizzle 02-28-16 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2385235)
In German its called U-FlaK.

(Flugabwehrkanone)

yup that's true :D

vdr1981 02-28-16 04:25 PM

Thanks guys!:up:

Just to confirm, with capital "K" , right?

Sjizzle 02-28-16 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2385251)

yup

excel4004 02-28-16 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2385251)

Yes.

vdr1981 02-28-16 05:28 PM

Thanks again! :up:

vdr1981 02-29-16 10:27 AM

Check this out Captains! :yeah:

KSDCommander

palmic 02-29-16 11:01 AM

Looks like you modders has just reborn sh5 :up:

excel4004 02-29-16 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2385424)
Check this out Captains! :yeah:

KSDCommander

Nice! :up:

kobiwaldi 03-01-16 10:59 AM

Curently uploading No 6 Update ?

vdr1981 03-01-16 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2385676)
Curently uploading No 6 Update ?

Not yet, but soon...:yep:

vdr1981 03-01-16 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2385691)
KSD Commander is a program for viewing statistics, captains customization and writing patrol diaries. + it can randomize music on the gramophone and you can specify diapason of days between patrols.

This program successfully works from April 2015 in KSD mod on SH-4. This weekend I modified the program to support SH-5 once tried The Wolves of Steel modpack. I am very impressed with how modders have transformed this game :up:

I am russian speaking. Sorry for my english.

The program has 3 tabs:

Statistics

The program reads your saves and forms statistics. You can submit your statistics to the server, if desired. In this case, you will be able to compare your results with results of other players, as well as choose a photo for your captain, to write his biography and diaries.
You can select photos to your captains from 260 available. It's all photos of real U-Bootwaffe captains. And the photo that you choose for your captain will be not available to select by other players.
If you play dead is dead format, you can specify the date of the death of your captain. After that, his stats will not updated, even if you continue to play.

http://i74.fastpic.ru/big/2016/0229/...45ac404738.jpg

http://i75.fastpic.ru/big/2016/0229/...b9619af3b0.jpg

Bar

At the bar you can:
1) Listen to the music that is played in the same folder as the gramophone in the game.
2) Read the newspapers. The papers are published as the main events on the fronts and achieving players. If you are sinking this month more than others will certainly write about you. Do not leave without attention sinking enemy battleships or aircraft carriers.
3) To share practical advice to other players or to read their tips.

http://i76.fastpic.ru/big/2016/0229/...3152371eaf.jpg

Settings

http://i73.fastpic.ru/big/2016/0229/...08289b70bd.jpg

Installation

1) Download the archive.
2) Extract files to the root folder of the game.
3) Start KSDCommander.exe. Optionally create a shortcut on the desktop and in the future to run the game through this program. In this case, your statistics will be regularly updated on the server.

Security

1) This is the exe file. Any exe file could potentially be a virus or some other malicious program. Here above all a question of confidence to the author. Author in this case I do. And with all responsibility I declare that I am not ******* writing malware.
Many comrades (in the screenshot above shows) installed the program and published its statistics on the server. Monitors have not failed to explode, and the disk is not formatted )
2) The program does not delete or modify your saved. It only reads them.
3) To submit your statistics to the server requires registration and authorization. Registration is simple. You do not need any confirmation via Email and other garbage. Simply enter in the appropriate fields username (preferably nickname with a forum for awareness) and password of 4-20 characters. In no case do not use passwords that you use in other programs or websites.

by Warham

palmic 03-01-16 01:21 PM

Awesome!

As a bonus, i am currently reading book about Wolfgang Luth (i play often realtime thanks to it :) ) and according to his career TWOS campaign seems very realistic to me.
He also started in north sea/baltic sea and in coastal waters area.

If someone knows where could i buy this book in english translation, please let me know.
Its written by Wolfgang Luth at 1943 and its about my favourite part of sub-war (1939+).
Many informations about conwoy attacks from that book i read right now refer to this one.

Sorry for off topic :)

palmic 03-01-16 01:29 PM

If you have some thread about how to work with TDC in TWOS it would be appreciated.

I saw some (i think best) YT videos, but it says nothing about how to solve trigonometry issues with it.
I expected that i can set my calculated solution for 90 degrees hit if available and then fire anytime i want as i keep ship on crosshair, but obviously it doesn't work like that.

This TDC is much more manual - you need rather to perform shot in the same angle for which you did TDC settings (it does not count triangle even if you set angle on bow).
Otherwise it should dynamically recalculate "current" ship distance as you move periscope.