SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 02-23-16 01:27 AM

It would be pretty awesome to have a script for controlling periscope vertical angle by keys precisely.

There is nothing so annoying like when you have no time and you can make it to put it on waterline to use stadimeter.

palmic 02-23-16 03:00 AM

Real navigation should disallow to show destroyed marks as they reveals my current position

The Mad Asshatter 02-23-16 04:37 AM

I'm playing with full realism. How do i accurately plot reported convoy positions with the map grid resolution so low? Is there a button that enables tickmarks for minutes and seconds?

Sjizzle 02-23-16 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2383494)
@ vdr1981

Can you please have a look at these mod if that is working right with the current WoS mod!?

[REL] Deutscher Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

That would be much appreciated! The wonderful mod would be just perfect
for all the german players with this translation mod. :up:

I removed the "UPCDataGE" folder because it crashes the crew moral/skill system (all skills are full red).

Iam afraid that any other files of this german translation mod could maybe cause other errors in WoS and
i dont have the skill to proof that.

MANY THANKS!

sorry to say but that mod is not compatible with the latest version of TWoS like Vecko said is outdated .....

palmic 02-23-16 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter (Post 2383641)
I'm playing with full realism. How do i accurately plot reported convoy positions with the map grid resolution so low? Is there a button that enables tickmarks for minutes and seconds?

You can do it as accurate as real Kaleun could.
By plotting lat-long coordinates to your map from radio message and roughly expecting their course by rough information (SSE, or NNW,...).

I did this exactly last weekend and since i expected their speed as 10kts max, i waited under water listening for their noise...

And they came nearly as i expected (little luck), i calculated their course and speed by available information and could shadow them till the night.
Unfortunately it was really harsh weather and i did not hit anyone :-?

vdr1981 02-23-16 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383629)
Real navigation should disallow to show destroyed marks as they reveals my current position

I agree , but it's not possible...I tried everything ...:hmmm:

vdr1981 02-23-16 10:28 AM

Quote:

In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2, although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

gap 02-23-16 10:55 AM

Quote:

No, there isn't any mark for minutes and seconds, but knowing that in SH world 1 degree of latitude is equal to 120 km (exactly, no matter what latitude you are at), 1 minute and 1 second are equal to 2 km and 33 m respectively, measured on the map . :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383711)
In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2...

I agree :)

Quote:

although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

That's a good idea :up:

palmic 02-23-16 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383710)
I agree , but it's not possible...I tried everything ...:hmmm:

That game is nearly so hardcoded as IE6! :)

palmic 02-23-16 11:02 AM

Quote:

In my opinion, "precision" is a term which doesn't go hand in hand with WW2, although some kind of transparent and resizable chart with detailed minutes and seconds tickmarks would be useful... Something like Sjizzle's detailed grid chart, but for minutes and seconds...:hmm2:

Exactly that i was expecting before about 2 days

Sjizzle 02-23-16 11:14 AM

Quote:

what charts do u need ???

gap 02-23-16 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383733)
what charts do u need ???

IMO a 60 x 60 thickmarks (vertical x horizontal) scale grid would be okay. Supposing a spacing of 20 pixels between two marks, such a grid would have a resolution of 1200 by 1200 pixels. If you wanted to further split minutes in seconds, the resulting grid should be 18,000 x 18,000 pixels if you wanted to use a spacing of just 5 pixels between two adjacent marks. Way too big and not accurate at all! :o :doh:

palmic 02-23-16 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383751)
IMO a 60 x 60 thickmarks (vertical x horizontal) scale grid would be okay. Supposing a spacing of 20 pixels between two marks, such a grid would have a resolution of 1200 by 1200 pixels. If you wanted to further split minutes in seconds, the resulting grid should be 18,000 x 18,000 pixels if you wanted to use a spacing of just 5 pixels between two adjacent marks. Way too big and not accurate at all! :o :doh:

The same principle like lightgrid for latlong minutes would be enough for me.
so 60*60.

With this i could just overlay it above map square get pencil, hide it by "E" and mark position.

Sjizzle 02-23-16 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383766)
so 60*60.

With this i could just overlay it above map square get pencil, hide it by "E" and mark position.

oky i will make on tonight but there is a easy way for the minutes :D each 1 degree on the map is 120km so each 2km is 1 min :D

vdr1981 02-23-16 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383751)

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383766)
so 60*60.

:up:

U-FlaK thread is up...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224498

Sjizzle 02-23-16 12:52 PM

do u mean something like this one ? or u wanna divided / minutes this one is for each 10 min divided if u wish for each min let me know

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4b3...1ok0ghbazg.jpg

palmic 02-23-16 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383776)
do u mean something like this one ? or u wanna divided / minutes this one is for each 10 min divided if u wish for each min let me know

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4b3...1ok0ghbazg.jpg

Awesome! Thanks! :)

This should be enough.

palmic 02-23-16 01:18 PM

The next thing is i would disallow to let player avatar to leave tower if certain wind conditions are not met. (+ deckgun teleport)

Right now i could go to deckgun, order crew just behind big wave, move gun slightly, next time again, and again... and finaly shoot even in 15m/s wind.
I would be in the atlantic in 10 seconds :)

Going outside in these conditions would fix it best, as it would fix even outside walking in waves.

If this is not possible, disabling ordering crew to deckgun should be enough.

vdr1981 02-23-16 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383782)
The next thing is i would disallow to let player avatar to leave tower if certain wind conditions are not met. (+ deckgun teleport)

Right now i could go to deckgun, order crew just behind big wave, move gun slightly, next time again, and again... and finaly shoot even in 15m/s wind.
I would be in the atlantic in 10 seconds :)

Going outside in these conditions would fix it best, as it would fix even outside walking in waves.

If this is not possible, disabling ordering crew to deckgun should be enough.

Again , I couldn't agree more. Ideas are not lacking, the problem is "how"...
This should be possible only if we disable whole range of gunners NewUIs commands and not many people will salute this idea.

For now you should 'resist' the temptation to use deck gun in heavy seas...

Sjizzle 02-23-16 02:32 PM

@Palmic here we go Download
enable at the bottom of your mod list

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 04
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch
5. Nautical Charts

read pls the PDF from Degrees Transparency folder

PS. Vecko if u wish u can add it to the mega mod