SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Aktungbby 05-23-23 09:30 AM

Welcome back!

kraszus!:Kaleun_Salute:

GrenSo 05-23-23 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraszus (Post 2868897)
Is there any way to disable the red light when viewing the Nav map at night? I can barely read markers, measurements, protractor angles, etc. [EDIT] Ignore this. This was a problem with Grenso's Submarine Environment mod...not TWoS.

For GSE you just have to delete the "Night_filter.dds" you can find in "GSE v2.0.1 by GrenSo\data\Menu\Gui" and activate GSE again. Than you have stock/TWoS night view on mp.

kraszus 05-23-23 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2868901)
For GSE you just have to delete the "Night_filter.dds" you can find in "GSE v2.0.1 by GrenSo\data\Menu\Gui" and activate GSE again. Than you have stock/TWoS night view on mp.

That's great! Thanks, Grenso.

GrenSo 05-23-23 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraszus (Post 2868903)
Thanks, Grenso.

You're welcome. :salute:

Thurgi 05-24-23 03:44 AM

Hello everyone - after a long break I'm back on board and am currently facing the problem that the mod pack cannot be activated/installed in the Steam game.

I suspect that it has to do with the missing "normal" installation - but actually don't get it somehow right now. Do I still have to download the original SH5.exe for the Steam version and start it from there or not?

Kal_Maximus_U669 05-24-23 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurgi (Post 2868986)
Hello everyone - after a long break I'm back on board and am currently facing the problem that the mod pack cannot be activated/installed in the Steam game.

I suspect that it has to do with the missing "normal" installation - but actually don't get it somehow right now. Do I still have to download the original SH5.exe for the Steam version and start it from there or not?

Hey Thurgi :salute:
Did you respect the recommendations provided by Vecko??? especially for Steam version..TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer be careful when activating imperatively respect this crucial step...:ouais::ouais:

Propnut17 05-25-23 12:59 AM

Thurgi, do you not have an old Steam backup of SH5 that you can first install and then apply the TWoS update afterwards?

kapuhy 05-25-23 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurgi (Post 2868986)

If you have Steam version of the game, TWoS will work fine if you install the game via Steam and then run TWoS installer. Only problem I faced is that Ubisoft Launcher doesn't work anymore and you have to download Ubisoft Connect to launch the game.

Which Windows version are you running? On Windows 7, Ubisoft Connect is known to have problems requiring further workaround. On Windows 10/11 it will run without any further tweaks.

Paddy0281 07-09-23 08:21 AM

Hello, I'm new to the game and have a few questions:

-Have the problem that for example in the first mission against Poland only the 2 ships of the task force and 1 freighter drive around.

2 . Mission British East Coast. Usually only find small freighters and hardly get any tonage together.

When I end the game, I get a summary and all missions say failed.

Is there a minimum tonage that you have to sink?

-When will the Bturm be available for the Uboot VIIA or under what criteria will improvements or new Uboots be obtained?

-How do I find out the opponent's speed based on the distance covered on the map?

Sry in advance for my ignorance.

Aktungbby 07-10-23 11:09 AM

welcome aboard!

Paddy0281!:Kaleun_Salute: With regard to the tonnage in the Brirish East Coast scenario: stay precisely within the games' boundary line for the 'east coast" ie: hog the British coastline: incl. all targets to accumulate the necessary tonnage to fulfill the mission. In the Polish campaign work your way into the bay and west toward the moorage at the west end; several targets incl. the pre-dreadnaught will manifest themselves and some others in the Baltic as U make your escape back to your homeport. Use the deck gun HE shells on the small tanker(of the first three 'practice' ships when summoned to the bridge) to save eels as they burn quite easily! No reason to be sorry: this entire forum was created for ignorant :subsim:ers!:O:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdZ4QcA_cdY

Shifty06 07-15-23 04:10 PM

Needing Help with TWOS install

I have DL the steam version. Made sure game launched followed the PDF directions. Made sure the Ubisoft updater was disabled and running in offline mode. I played this game years ago when it was still active.

However I do have a fresh install on this PC. As it was never installed on this PC. Anyway I have followed the PDF to a T. I DL the TWO'S full expansion pack. when I open my Download folder I get a CRDOWNLOAD file called unconfirmed 288787 trying to open in Note pad. When I try to open it just says to large to open in wordpad.

Shifty06 07-15-23 04:19 PM

Needing Help with TWOS install

After some googling I have found it was an issue with windows OP system t:k_confused:

hauangua 08-25-23 02:10 AM

Hi, news of Vecko ? he has been absent for some times

ReallyDedPoet 08-25-23 06:31 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM Paddy0281 :up:

yagura 08-27-23 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2882117)
Hi, news of Vecko ? he has been absent for some times

Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but it is my understanding that he is not planning on making more changes. I think I read this somewhere on these forums, maybe even in this thread some pages back in a message from Vecko himself.