SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-15-16 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2381604)
Hi Vecko
Have you ever thought about removing the morale system completely, or is this not possible to do anyway?
Peter

Why? Moral system in sh5 is the closest thing to old crew fatigue syst. that we have. Not a good idea to remove it...
By the way, moral is not broken anymore...It's just that it sucks sometime.

palmic 02-15-16 09:03 AM

I would not like to have morale system removed, i had no problem with it i suppose.

The most buggy thing for me is Co2 now, it doesn't count more often than it does in my game.
I dont know what i should do better, i never TC until sub is at 10m depth, but i cant play in real time forever, so i TC under 10m or at periscope depth.
Oftenly it doesn't work twice, than in 3rd. case it does and its ok from that moment for some time..

Fortunately its not really critical thing.

vdr1981 02-15-16 09:11 AM

Hm, never had any co2 issues...:hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 02-15-16 09:27 AM

Hi Vecko
My point is as Captain If I ask a crew member to do something how can they refuse and say no? That just would not happen!
Peter

Koranis 02-15-16 01:40 PM

Am I the only one who has problems with downloading this mod? The download starts but never really takes off, it's stays at 0.0.

Is there an alternative mirror?

VentHorizon 02-15-16 01:47 PM

Hello. I'm having a small problem with speed telegraph.
I did a search and found no answers.
Using SH3style User interface (The dark wraith 7.5.0) the one that came with the package.

When submerged speed telegraph does not respond to my commands: clicking on Kleine Fahrt puts the needle on stop, clicking on Halbe puts it on langs. and so on. In other words speed always goes to one dial slower and always misses the grosse fahrt.

Also is there any way to change speed telegraph, depth and rudder gauges to glossy ones. like the ones i have seen on some screenshots of this mod?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge I'm new: still learning the ropes.
Best regards Vent.

vdr1981 02-15-16 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2381634)
Hi Vecko
My point is as Captain If I ask a crew member to do something how can they refuse and say no? That just would not happen!
Peter

I think It's all matter of perspective.. If you look at the moral system as something in between moral and fatigue, then your inability to request some special abilities makes perfect sense in some situations. Take care of your crew and they will take care of you...Talk to them, cook them nice meals and don't hold'em on battlestations for too long. :D
Maybe your issue is captain related, not crew...:hmm2:

palmic 02-16-16 03:22 AM

I always translated morale in sh5 to crew calmness. Without it they would seem to be like robots.

Cybermat47 02-16-16 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2381709)
I think It's all matter of perspective.. If you look at the moral system as something in between moral and fatigue, then your inability to request some special abilities makes perfect sense in some situations. Take care of your crew and they will take care of you...Talk to them, cook them nice meals and don't hold'em on battlestations for too long. :D
Maybe your issue is captain related, not crew...:hmm2:

The problem is that you can only improve their morale once every week, and you only get to talk to them three times every campaign. And sometimes talking to them actually reduces their morale (telling someone their wife died in an air raid will have that effect in real life too, I suspect). I've found that morale decreases faster than it can be replenished.

Koranis 02-16-16 11:11 AM

Ok, I managed to download it. Thank you all for your help. :down:

Jimbuna 02-16-16 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2381856)

Did it not cross your mind it is possible that nobody may have been able to help?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time and I doubt it will be the last.

gap 02-16-16 11:51 AM

Quote:

I am sorry to say that, but your sarcasm is out of place here.

The Wolves of Steel is not a commercial product. vdr1981 does his best to keep it updated and to offer technical support to its users. Nonetheless we should be aware that he does it during his free time, no wonder that some queries get a lower priority.

A download being unavailable for a few hours is nothing unusual, and may happen due to a number of reasons which are outside the control of the uploader, or any other forum member for that matter. Be sure that if the link was down for longer, the problem would have been addressed as soon as possible.

Have a nice day and enjoy the mod :salute:
:subsim:

palmic 02-16-16 12:41 PM

For those who are interested in math solutions of many navigation tasks on sub, i've started new thread about it.

I was looking for some info about it, but have not found complete answers for it in easy and clear way, so i started that thread.

:salute:

Sjizzle 02-16-16 12:42 PM

Quote:

next time when u ask for help don't aspect that some will help u fast .....as gap said this is a free mega mod made by vdr1981 in his free time...

VentHorizon 02-16-16 01:04 PM

Greetings.
My charts options are gone. pressing "E" key does not help, it just turns recognition manual on and off. (and yea i did not misplace the options to the side of the screen by accident) I have disabled and enabled mods in JSGME. Even reinstalled the mods. It did not help. Any way to fix this? Can i somehow set everything back to default without reinstalling the game?