SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 02-11-16 06:28 PM

Hi excel
What I do is go to the centre of my patrol grid and draw out the circumference area with the compass in advance so I know what time roughly I have started the objective.
It is only EBCW that is 2 days and a patrol area of 80km all other mission grids NWA and SWA are 3 days long and each has the same patrol distance area of 250km.
Just stay within the circumference ring to make sure you complete the objective. Personally I would not chase anything that is going to go outside that ring.
We all have our own way of doing things but I find this works for me.

I do not whether you saw this in a previous post but I find it very useful.
There is an icon that switches the button on and off.
If the button is on when you complete your final grid it automatically disappears.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3872

Peter

JT1981 02-12-16 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2380845)
I dont think so, master THEBERBSTER wrote in his thread:

"How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers" (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2267181&postcount=169)

JT1981, thanks for helping but why do you think the patrol area is 200km? The object states 80 km.

To Berbster and vdr1981: Is this a bug what i had, or are this patrol missions always a mixture of time i must patrol and sink a certain number of ships?

Are these patrol missions, missions from the original campain or modded missions?

...and THANKS for this great mod!! :subsim:

http://a1.qpic.cn/psb?/V12chF5l0eCAK...s!&rf=viewer_4

you see,250km

palmic 02-12-16 07:11 AM

Do you someone use trigonometry and some basic target motion analysis equations instead of map geometry here?

If this is too OT, just let me know, ill delete it :salute:
I have this very related to real navigation.

Zig 02-14-16 05:06 AM

Hi guys!
Playing in The Wolves of Steel noticed that in a few days, and the weather is not changing no wind speed, no clouds nothing, only when reboot, it may change. It should be or it's bug?
Sorry for bad English.
Mod list
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 03
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 – 8x5 Resolution Patch

THEBERBSTER 02-14-16 06:33 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Zig
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

Not had weather problems not changing during the game although the fog can last for many hours or days.
The weather is not saved but there is still no guarantee that loading a saved game will have changed the weather from what you had before.

Zig 02-14-16 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2381356)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Zig
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

Not had weather problems not changing during the game although the fog can last for many hours or days.
The weather is not saved but there is still no guarantee that loading a saved game will have changed the weather from what you had before.

Thanks for the reply

palmic 02-14-16 12:17 PM

Night stealth?

Since i saw in the document how wolfpack used moonlight in night attacks in this document i tried to be less paranoid while attacking but i found strange things.
I set my radio to be able to listen radio communication 20k meters around (which in effect listens to whole area around england, not just 20k around me) i started to listen to their radio message periscope spotted at $my_location

1) someone (probably the ship which was closing) sent message they saw my periscope just 10s after i got it out of the watter on 3km+ length in the night (clear weather without wind nor fog) I was in the front of them

2) they did nothing, just flew along as they wouldn't see me

(if they didn't know about me, who sent "the periscope sighted on $my_location" message?) I was only sub around for sure. :hmmm:

In the document above, it was said, u-boats often hunted completely emerged in the night, so i would expect my periscope will stay hidden for few minutes at least in the night.

vdr1981 02-14-16 12:33 PM

Unfortunately, sub spotted and cool ntelligence reports periodically displayed in your message box have nothing to do with actual campaign gameplay. You can only rely on data from captains log...

palmic 02-14-16 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2381473)
Unfortunately, sub spotted and cool ntelligence reports periodically displayed in your message box have nothing to do with actual campaign gameplay. You can only rely on data from captains log...

Well, this is best result which i hoped for, so i was still hidden there, perfect :up:
And thank you very much for your time sir :salute:

And just a few photos from the action: :)
(This contains no question nor answer)

Here i came into way of small convoy on my way back home from NW of England, this was actually NE from London.
Convoy was headed somewhere from Amsterdam to NE England and fortunately just in time moon dawned behind it :rock:

Since i was in their way and they were pretty widespread, i waited for them and tried Otto Kretschmer maneuver - attack from inside of Convoy.
Yes i got it in that documentary above :)

I fired all 5 torpedos and hit just one Liberty Cargo because it was blind shots, but it was fun :) .
Until i tried to emerge and started to give out death by deck gun.
I forgot to check all the boats recognition manuals for guns. There was plenty of Liberty and they damaged my boat badly - i had to load.

But it was real fun :)

Thanks again for this awesome modpack! :arrgh!:

Koranis 02-14-16 02:45 PM

The download doesn't seem to work. It starts but it's hanging there at 0,0 all the time.

Aktungbby 02-14-16 02:57 PM

Welcome aboard!

Zig!:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 02-15-16 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2379558)
Hi Guys
The 'Wind and Smoke' addon mod is as it states an additional mod that can be found both in the main TWOS mods folder and also in the mod update No. 03 mods folder.
I

Negative Peter...
In "update No. 3/MODS" folder you will find only updated files of twos optional mods, not complete individual mods which you can activated with jsgme...
You should have figured out so far that with regular twos updates even optional mods gets "modded"...:yep: If you check folder structure carefully, I'm sure you'll understand what's going on...

THEBERBSTER 02-15-16 05:04 AM

Hi Vecko
I did not explain my point very well, did I, as it came out wrong?
I was trying to say where you can find them.
You are quite right of course that patch versions replace each other and naturally replaces the original version.
Keep up the good work:up:
Peter

MCM 02-15-16 05:15 AM

Are there more plans to update/improve TWOS? If so what are you planing to do or what are you already working on right now? How are you guys see the upcoming future what all more could be done or when we will reach the end of it? Maybe an overview of your plans would even help to activate new people here helping you :up:

THEBERBSTER 02-15-16 05:20 AM

Hi Vecko
Have you ever thought about removing the morale system completely, or is this not possible to do anyway?
Peter