SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2011 SUBSIM Werewolf Hunt Body Count (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184886)

Jimbuna 06-28-11 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1693286)
It looks to me that the lynch vote has to catch a werewolf tonight, or else the humans have lost.

I make it eleven players left and three wolves on the loose.

I am now starting to get that feeling in my bladder I would occasionally in RL over the years :03:

Tarrasque 06-28-11 12:35 PM

Why do you need to worry?

You've dodged the werewolves twice now.

mookiemookie 06-28-11 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1693296)

I am now starting to get that feeling in my bladder I would occasionally in RL over the years :03:

If you miss on a lynch vote tonight, and wolves catch 3 more victims, that leaves 7 players, 3 of them wolves. No chance to win then.

Tarrasque 06-28-11 12:38 PM

That assumes that the werewolves all know each other's identities.

It's not quite hopeless yet.

Bakkels 06-28-11 12:41 PM

There's a couple of things I don't get so far, but it's probably best to ask about them once the game is over :03:

I'm wondering how much PM'ing there is behind the scenes by the way. I don't see much well-founded accusations in-game. But this is an interesting hunt, and if my count is correct, the humans can still afford one more mistake. That is, if Jim's count is correct and there were 4 wolves to begin with. (How did you came to that number btw Jim?) Well good luck everyone, I'll be off haunting the Forbidden Woods in the north or something :O:

*edit, oh yeah, as there are multiple wolves, there can be multiple killings of course, so it could be over after this night. Interesting...*

Tarrasque 06-28-11 12:43 PM

Word of Neal has said that your killer was not the same as the killers of the three germans.

3 germans + yourself = 4 werewolves.

mookiemookie 06-28-11 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrasque (Post 1693310)
Word of Neal has said that your killer was not the same as the killers of the three germans.

minus the one that was already killed

AVGWarhawk 06-28-11 12:45 PM

The real question is...if some can obstain from a lynching vote can a ww obstain from an attack? Can a guardian not guard? Can a Seerer not wish to see for one night? :hmmm:

Jimbuna 06-28-11 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrasque (Post 1693298)
Why do you need to worry?

You've dodged the werewolves twice now.

On the contrary...I'd say I've 'bumped' into them twice now :DL

Tarrasque 06-28-11 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1693316)
On the contrary...I'd say I've 'bumped' into them twice now :DL

Well everyone else who's bumped into them is dead so...

Jimbuna 06-28-11 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1693296)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1693313)
minus the one that was already killed

Gold Stars all round to the mathematicians of tomorrow :DL

Of course, much of this is pure assumption and speculation...more like a lottery perhaps.

Jimbuna 06-28-11 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrasque (Post 1693317)
Well everyone else who's bumped into them is dead so...

Cross post.

It'll all come out in the wash no doubt :cool:

Bakkels 06-28-11 01:23 PM

Quote:

Ah ok, I get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1693314)
The real question is...if some can obstain from a lynching vote can a ww obstain from an attack? Can a guardian not guard? Can a Seerer not wish to see for one night? :hmmm:

Well of course Neal is the only one that could tell you this, but I think a werewolf could obstain from an attack. In fact, if I recall correctly, this happened in the previous hunt once towards the end. By that reasoning, a guardian or a seer could also skip guarding or seeing, but why would they want to? They have absolutely no reason to do this imo.

Jimbuna 06-28-11 02:27 PM

Anyone can abstain at any time and I have my own opinions on the matter but Neal has made the rules and as such if you are happy to partake in the game you shuld adhere to said rules.

Growler 06-28-11 07:53 PM

Major Growler pauses for a moment, climbing from the cockpit of his P-40 as the crew chief extends his hand to the pilot. The Major is uneasy, the chief can tell that much, but has no idea as to what has perturbed the pilot so. His landing was flawless, and from what the chief could tell, the aircraft was working fine. So what was eating the Major?

Something's going on over there. Growler's thoughts continue on their uneasy course. Something bad; worse than the war. He absently takes the chief's proffered hand and hops to the sun-baked tarmac of the Army Air Corps strip at Wheeler Field, dimly aware of the Sergeant's voice.

"Sorry, woolgathering again, Sarge. What was that?" he asked.

The Sergeant shook his head. "I jus' asked if there wuz anythin' wron', y'know, with'n the erplane, sir. You looked like a goose gone wandrin' over yer grave."

The Major sighed, then relaxed slightly. "No, no, Sarge, the plane's fine, just fine. Just thinking about those poor bastards over in England. The Germans're sure givin' 'em hell. And all those ships they're sinking... makes me glad I didn't join the Navy!"

The Sergeant laughed. "Yessir, I'm with you on that. Well, you go on back to the briefing room, sir; I reckon the Colonel'd like to talk t'you 'bout yer flight."

Growler moved off, his mood only slightly improved by the conversation; the nagging thoughts that something that made bad look like a Sunday picnic by comparison just wouldn't leave his thoughts. With his mind troubled by vague fears, he headed into the briefing room, only to find no one else there. He kicked off his flight boots and picked up the paper, eyes scanning over the headlines until he sat upright with a start. "American Reporter Tours British Submarine" read the headline, with the caption, "RAF Not the Only Players, Royal Navy Submarines Do Their Part." The byline credited Takeda Shingen. Growler read, gleaning what little he could from the article, which ultimately amounted to little more than "the Brits have subs, too." Wartime censors were a pain, but he had to give the reporter credit - anyone brave enough to be in England right now deserved all the credit he or she could get.

At that moment, the Colonel walked in to the room, and waved Growler back into his seat before the pilot was halfway from his chair. "As you were, Major. I see you've seen the paper. Reading up on the war? Huh, that's probably the only war you or I will deal with, Growler. Hawaii may be paradise, but sometimes, paradise can be a little boring. Now, let's talk about that flight..."