SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

poveglia 12-03-20 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2711193)
That means you have finished your objective and BDU has assigned you a new patrol area.

But I wasn't even in my initial patrol area anywhere near 24 hours?

vdr1981 12-03-20 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poveglia (Post 2711184)
Is this supposed to happen? What should I do?

Just make some tonnage Captain and don't complain too much about BdU orders or you may have some unpleasant talks with flotilla commander when you get back to port...:):salute::salute:

poveglia 12-03-20 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2711204)
Just make some tonnage Captain and don't complain too much about BdU orders or you may have some unpleasant talks with flotilla commander when you get back to port...:):salute::salute:

lol right:Kaleun_Salute:

I am just worried my campaign was corrupted somehow or something is broke.

vdr1981 12-03-20 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poveglia (Post 2711207)
lol right:Kaleun_Salute:

I am just worried my campaign was corrupted somehow or something is broke.

I don't think so...See what's going on in the next few patrol grids and keep us posted.:yep:

poveglia 12-03-20 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2711208)
I don't think so...See what's going on in the next few patrol grids and keep us posted.:yep:

I will. But I just got depth charged to the point where I was unable to surface anymore (I fought as long as I could, several hours). Am nub captain. So I just reloaded to my backup point before I entered the first patrol zone.

all_my_loving 12-03-20 10:13 PM

The wolves of steel is stuck after I replaced a new video card

What should I do? Is it possible to rescue if I do not reinstall?

Drakken 12-03-20 11:58 PM

Quick question: Is there a way to begin the war from another flotilla (Wilhelmshaven or Kiel), rather than Memel's?

Not that I hate Memel... it's just that the Polish waters are, well, empty.

gap 12-04-20 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakken (Post 2711228)
Quick question: Is there a way to begin the war from another flotilla (Wilhelmshaven or Kiel), rather than Memel's?

Hi Drakken, by using the 'silentotto' cheat, you can skip the initial campaign(s) and start your career from whichever point you prefer.

However, the 'Baltic Operations' objective will only last a few days; after you finish with it, your base will be relocated to Kiel and then to Wilhelmshaven. Starting from there, your next patrols will take place in the busier waters of the North Sea, Norwegian Sea and in open Atlantic. There is a quick visit in Scapa Flow too, but if you skip the first campaign you will miss those actions.

All in all, my suggestion is: keep patient for the first couple of days in the Baltic, and while you are there... be more aggressive with those Polish vessels :arrgh!:

vdr1981 12-04-20 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakken (Post 2711228)

Empty? :hmmm:Warships, merchants, subs , airplanes...Danzing and Baltic are full with action , especially in September 1939...:yep:

Anyway...If you change campaign start date in Total Germany Campaign.cfg file to 19390904, you will start from Kiel and you may proceed strait to British eastern coast...:yep:

vdr1981 12-04-20 08:39 AM

OK, here is the preliminary changelog of v2.2.21 update which you may most likely expect this evening...It's not much, I know, but with Mkiii now back in his"shipyard" , that may change soon...:)

- Edited and revised campaign traffic lines in order to ensure that by the early October 1939, all DARKENED ships bound for British ports may be considered hostile, regardless of their markings of currently neutral nations (like Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland ect).
- Edited and revised campaign traffic lines around fall of France in June 1940 in order to prevent possible friendly sinking of French ships around UK and other legit U-boats hunting grounds since they will appear as legit darkened targets (The game will consider french units friendly as soon as France fall and it's ports "turn blue").
- Fixed problem where allied convoys in Mediterranean campaigns will occasionally try to "squeeze trough" in between Sicily and the mainland Italy.
- Other various campaign fixes involved mainly around illogical and misplaced traffic which can sometimes occur when nation "change side" form Axis to Allied and vice versa.
- Added new merchant ship type to various nations roster: awesome looking "Raised Quarterdecker", entirely created , from scratch, by Kapuhy!
- Edited description and displaying messages of Campaign Advance Verifier_Testing addon. Make sure to read updated JSGME "More info" description of this addon.
- Edited instructional Campaign/Flotilla transfer radio messages to be in line with recent Campaign Advance Verifier_Testing addon description changes.
- Disabled Generic Patcher Collateral Damage patches in the snapshot for better damage distribution calculations, both for playable subs and other units. No more exploding bow when torpedo hit stern of the ship or damaged propellers if you frontally collide your sub with something. Some larger ships and warships will more frequently require more then one well placed torpedo in order to go down which is more realistic after all. (Fire up TDW Generic Patcher and restore the snapshot again if you wish to activate the changes).
- Edited and rearranged XO dialog box Auto TDC messages. After you mark the ship the XO will inform you that "Auto TDC solution are set! Fire when ready!", so if anyone still ask again "how to use auto TDC in TWoS" , I will personally shoot him with my Luger pistol!
- Increased probability to 80-90% and decreased time interval (12h) of non directional beacons activation in harbors, which can help real navigation Captains to position their boats properly for harbor entrance in bad weather conditions.
- Updated official PDF install instructions to reflect recent changes.
- Added names to ingame official credits page of recent TWoS donors and supporters: Gregory Prichard, John Damuth, Lenny Miller, Jacques Alary, Dimitris Triantis, Antti Komulainen, Wolfgang Moog. Thank you very much Captains and I hope you'll enjoy TwoS for a long time!

Drakken 12-04-20 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2711266)
Empty? :hmmm:Warships, merchants, subs , airplanes...Danzing and Baltic are full with action , especially in September 1939...:yep:

I fully admit I might have been really unlucky so far. :hmmm:

Must I remain within the assigned patrol area circle, or may I also find Polish shippings further North towards Sweden, Finland, and the Baltic States?

vdr1981 12-04-20 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakken (Post 2711292)
I fully admit I might have been really unlucky so far. :hmmm:

Must I remain within the assigned patrol area circle, or may I also find Polish shippings further North towards Sweden, Finland, and the Baltic States?

For example , bunch of Polish vessels will try to flee to Britain during the opening stages of invasion of Poland. You may try to use logic and intercept them somewhere...Or, you may hunt down Polish AI submarines in and around Danzin. You may participate in the battle between German and Polish taskforces in Danzing which will most likely occur on Oct1st during the day when visibility is high ect ect...just the ideas...:yep:

Drakken 12-04-20 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2711297)
For example , bunch of Polish vessels will try to flee to Britain during the opening stages of invasion of Poland. You may try to use logic and intercept them somewhere...Or, you may hunt down Polish AI submarines in and around Danzin. You may participate in the battle between German and Polish taskforces in Danzing which will most likely occur on Oct1st during the day when visibility is high ect ect...just the ideas...:yep:

Will I receive notification from BdU on these possibilities? The only message I got so far (encrypted of course) was of no consequence for the Polish front. :hmmm:

vdr1981 12-04-20 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakken (Post 2711300)
Will I receive notification from BdU on these possibilities? The only message I got so far (encrypted of course) was of no consequence for the Polish front. :hmmm:

Not really so specifically but by now we have reached the point in TWoS campaign where simple monitoring of historically based in game radio messages or watching some good battle of the Atlantic documentary, may give you good idea what, where and how to do...:yep:

les green01 12-04-20 12:04 PM

some games i find a nice polish merchant but then i dont enter the bay i stay about where i spot the polish dd's maybe i should go in the bay