SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 03-22-20 06:55 PM

Question: Do you have the seagull sounds in your TWoS? (2.2.17).

I can see the birds flying over my boat but they are mute.

Is there a way to recover the screaming of those cheerishable birds?

Many thanks and take care!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 03-22-20 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2656424)
Question: Do you have the seagull sounds in your TWoS? (2.2.17).

I can see the birds flying over my boat but they are mute.

Is there a way to recover the screaming of those cheerishable birds?

Many thanks and take care!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Do you have the seagull_1.wav thru seagull_6.wav in your Silent Hunter5/data/sound
folder?

NeonsStyle 03-23-20 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2656411)

Awesome. Thankyou. Will this also turn the subsystems text into english as well? It' be nice to know what to repair, but at the moment it's all gobbledegook lol.

NeonsStyle 03-23-20 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2656076)
I know you can use Dynamic Environment 5 in TWoS but I don't know any enviro mod with full green water.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Cool. Thanks. That does work. :D :Kaleun_Cheers:

adrians69 03-23-20 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosco74 (Post 2655286)
Hello everyone.
Anyone knows where to find the video from Empty Cup, can't find them anymore on you tube.. Thanks

I think he's closed his YT account. Doesn't seem to be any videos of his around at all any more

Tonci87 03-24-20 08:08 PM

Everybody who thinks that nights in TWOS might be too dark, might just be missing a few useful things :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5TmRG9E844

Rosco74 03-25-20 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrians69 (Post 2656489)
I think he's closed his YT account. Doesn't seem to be any videos of his around at all any more

Ah.. too bad :(
Thanks for the info!

Tonci87 03-27-20 08:13 PM

@VDR

I started Operation Drumbeat, and I think the campaigns start needs to be reworked.

First IŽll describe the situation in the game:

The campaign starts on the 12.12.1941 You depart Lorient for the american coast. Since the previous campaign ended on the 01.12.1941 the maintenance crews only had 12 days to maintain, refit and resupply your boat.
The first mission is U-Boat blitz, in which you are supposed to sink enemy shipping of the american east coast. UBoat Blitz ends on the 01.01.1942 and Second happy time starts.
In order to achieve anything during the UBoat Blitz mission you have to cross the Atlantic at full speed ahead.

Now the historic situation as it was in 1941/42:

The first wave of six Type IX boats left Lorient for America from the 18.12.1941 until the 27.12.1941.
The boats of the first wave had strikt orders to stay undetected until they had reached their operational area, and to commence attacks on enemy shipping no sooner than the 13.01.1942 to ensure the maximum effect of surprise. The only exception to that would be if on their way they happened to sight an enemy warship over 10000 tons.

I therefore propose the following changes:

-Move the campaign start of OP Drumbeat to a date between the 18.12.1941-27.12.1941. Maybe the 25.12.1941 for some extra depressing mood?
-Transmit orders to the player that he has to remain undetected until the 13.01.1942
-Move the end date for the UBoat Blitz mission to 01.02.1942, as it should be according to the Open Horizons Thread here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...97&postcount=2
-Move the start of the Second Happy Times mission to 01.02.1942

makiferol 03-28-20 12:43 AM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this magnificent mod. I have few noob questions :

1) how does ship identification manual triggered by "E" key work ? How can i send mast height into TDC ?

2) Is is possible to turn off XO screen permanently ? It shows up everytime i lock onto a ship with spacebar.

3) Is it possible to adjust maximum TC values somewhere ?

4) I just played first Polish campaign and my two torpedoes under 2 m depth passed directly below targeted destroyer ( No map contacts not enabled ). Torpedoes didn't dud, they passed under the ship. Isn't this weird taking into account 2 m torpedo depth ?

vdr1981 03-28-20 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2657901)
@VDR

I started Operation Drumbeat, and I think the campaigns start needs to be reworked.

First IŽll describe the situation in the game:

The campaign starts on the 12.12.1941 You depart Lorient for the american coast. Since the previous campaign ended on the 01.12.1941 the maintenance crews only had 12 days to maintain, refit and resupply your boat.
The first mission is U-Boat blitz, in which you are supposed to sink enemy shipping of the american east coast. UBoat Blitz ends on the 01.01.1942 and Second happy time starts.
In order to achieve anything during the UBoat Blitz mission you have to cross the Atlantic at full speed ahead.

Now the historic situation as it was in 1941/42:

The first wave of six Type IX boats left Lorient for America from the 18.12.1941 until the 27.12.1941.
The boats of the first wave had strikt orders to stay undetected until they had reached their operational area, and to commence attacks on enemy shipping no sooner than the 13.01.1942 to ensure the maximum effect of surprise. The only exception to that would be if on their way they happened to sight an enemy warship over 10000 tons.

I therefore propose the following changes:

-Move the campaign start of OP Drumbeat to a date between the 18.12.1941-27.12.1941. Maybe the 25.12.1941 for some extra depressing mood?
-Transmit orders to the player that he has to remain undetected until the 13.01.1942
-Move the end date for the UBoat Blitz mission to 01.02.1942, as it should be according to the Open Horizons Thread here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...97&postcount=2
-Move the start of the Second Happy Times mission to 01.02.1942

Thank you for your suggestions Tonci87! I guess it is time for me to prepare my new "to do" list for the next update. :yep: What else to do in these crasy corona times.:doh: OD campaign is indeed largely untested for me since I never played it for real, only few tests here and there...Keep them comming. :yep:

Stay home people and play Silent Hunter games! TWoS is virus free for sure! :)

Tonci87 03-28-20 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makiferol (Post 2657935)
Hello,

First of all, thank you for this magnificent mod. I have few noob questions :

1) how does ship identification manual triggered by "E" key work ? How can i send mast height into TDC ?

2) Is is possible to turn off XO screen permanently ? It shows up everytime i lock onto a ship with spacebar.

3) Is it possible to adjust maximum TC values somewhere ?

4) I just played first Polish campaign and my two torpedoes under 2 m depth passed directly below targeted destroyer ( No map contacts not enabled ). Torpedoes didn't dud, they passed under the ship. Isn't this weird taking into account 2 m torpedo depth ?

1) You find the ship in the manual and click where it says "send mast height to TDC" You will hear an audible click. Now you can use the Stadimeter to measure the range to your target.
Have a look at my videos to learn how to engage ships successfully, especially this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFlosUt8SY

2)Not sure about that, however, you do not need to lock onto a ship. See if manual targeting works for you. Again, see the video mentioned above :)

3)Yes it is, but I have forgotten in which file the option is buried. Maybe someone else can help. Higher TC can make the game unstable. Generally TCx1024 is enough to get you from A to B in a reasonable time.

4)German Torpedos in the early stages of the war had significant issues. One of the issues was that they often ran too deep. The game does simulate that :D
It will get better with time and experience points that you drop into your Torpedo man.
The problems will be practically gone once you get access to the excellent T III Torpedo.
I advise to always use magnetic detonators when engaging shallow destroyers. That way you at least have a better chance.

@VDR Always glad to help :up:

jorca2 04-01-20 11:41 AM

problem

the problem I have for a while is that when I open or save the game, the vitacora notebook gives me an error and the game hangs .... it's maddening. Other errors that I detect are that certain commands with the voiceattack do not recognize them.

jorca2 04-01-20 01:49 PM

finally, i restarted the game.......:k_confused:
One question: any mod environment TWOS v. 2.2.17??

kapuhy 04-02-20 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorca2 (Post 2659307)
finally, i restarted the game.......:k_confused:
One question: any mod environment TWOS v. 2.2.17??

TWoS includes Dynamic Environment 2.9 already if that's what you were looking for.

jorca2 04-02-20 11:05 AM

Ok thanks . :Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Cheers:
to stabilize the periscope and binoculars of the submarine? with the movement of the sea it is very difficult to focus well