SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   "The message you have entered is too short" (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=94193)

Gizzmoe 06-08-06 01:00 AM

"The message you have entered is too short"

"Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

:damn: :damn: :damn:

I hate that limit! Please, please, please remove it completely...

Drebbel 06-08-06 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizzmoe
"Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

:damn: :damn: :damn:

I hate that limit! Please, please, please remove it completely...

Is to prevent useless post like "yes" or "no" or ":D".

Neal, please make that threshold >7, so we also can not get replies like: "I agree"

:lol:

Gizzmoe 06-08-06 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drebbel

A post with less than five characters isnīt automatically useless, just like a post with more than five isnīt automatically useful... :)

TteFAboB 06-08-06 04:19 PM

Then Neal should create a censor council to analyze every post with less than 5 words and more than 5 words to deem how usefull each post is.

You two and Abraham could be the members of the less than 5 words council, each one of you vote on a post's usefulness, if there are at least 2 votes in favour of it, it passes and the post can be, well, posted. Any user who doesn't believe the post was usefull can appeal to the other council, the council of posts with more than 5 words, and vice-versa. The final word is with Neal anyway, he is the great Ayatolah and will have to approve the judgements afterall.

Next, Neal can start a competition to award an imunity medal a week, just to prove what a benevolent leader he is, not that any of us ever had any doubt about that. Whoever gets the imunity medal has the protection to post anything with less than 5 words or more than 5 words without waiting for the council's approval.

Whoever gets 3 posts in a row rejected will be forced to play a chess-match against Fritz, then Hiarcs, and finally Skybird, before being allowed to post again, if he doesn't win the match using less than 5 moves, or more than 5 moves, then he will be restricted to the Silent Hunter IV forum, untill Skybird has an opening in his schedule for the next attempt.

Alright, fine, I just wanted to prove Gizzmoe's point, took me 1366 characters.

Onkel Neal 06-08-06 08:01 PM

This looks like a good time to try out this forum's IGNORE feature...:hmm:

Subsim Monitor 06-08-06 10:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A post with less than five characters isnīt automatically useless, just like a post with more than five isnīt automatically useful... :)

Testing nested quotes per Gizzmoe Directive #23

Subsim Monitor 06-08-06 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subsim Admin
Quote:

Quote:

Sorted, testing again, again

Subsim Monitor 06-08-06 10:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looks kinda sloppy to me, the Originally Posted by is at the top of the box while the actual quote is way down at the bottom of the nested boxes. Is this going to work?

Neal

Subsim Monitor 06-08-06 10:19 PM

One thing I read in the vB forums, nesting too many levels can cause serious MySQL problems, so moderators, please assist me and if we get one of those fun "see how deep we can nest quotes" topics, tell the users and stop it. Thanks.

Neal

DeepSix 06-08-06 10:55 PM

I've noticed that when clicking the quote to reply button, sometimes nested quotes are automatically removed.

Gizzmoe 06-08-06 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSix
I've noticed that when clicking the quote to reply button, sometimes nested quotes are automatically removed.

When did you notice that? Iīm asking because two hours ago then forum didnīt even support nested quotes, Neal had to install a mod for that.

Drebbel 06-09-06 03:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looks kinda sloppy to me, the Originally Posted by is at the top of the box while the actual quote is way down at the bottom of the nested boxes. Is this going to work?

Neal

Ok Neal, show us the 2 options, with or with out pls. Because this is a huge mess cowboy, but just want to be sure that is is really a mess :-)

Drebbel