SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Classic Subsims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Just started sub simming with SH1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252480)

Sub Penguin 04-20-22 08:15 PM

Just started sub simming with SH1

I've always wanted to try sub sims and I'm finally starting with SHCE. I want to go through all the SH's plus other sub sims. Been registered here a while but life always took over earlier.

Can I say, I have not even sunk anything yet, I'm still reading through the manual, learning the sim but geez am I already having fun! I think I'll die of excitement when I actually sink something! :D

I've collected as many downloads and info as I can find for SH1. I was wondering if anyone has uploaded a large collection of SH1 downloads from the past to a ftp server or anything?

I would like to really learn from SH1 so seeking SH1 specific material/downloads.
SH1 info on tactics and manual TDC would also certainly be helpful.
I think some of the comprehensive tutorials, especially manual TDC of the past have been lost.

Very pleased to be here and to learn from the veterans.

:salute:

Aktungbby 04-20-22 08:23 PM

Welcome aboard,

Sub Penguin! :Kaleun_Salute:

ChristopherTarana 04-21-22 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Penguin (Post 2804879)
I've always wanted to try sub sims and I'm finally starting with SHCE. I want to go through all the SH's plus other sub sims. Been registered here a while but life always took over earlier.

Can I say, I have not even sunk anything yet, I'm still reading through the manual, learning the sim but geez am I already having fun! I think I'll die of excitement when I actually sink something! :D

I've collected as many downloads and info as I can find for SH1. I was wondering if anyone has uploaded a large collection of SH1 downloads from the past to a ftp server or anything?

I would like to really learn from SH1 so seeking SH1 specific material/downloads.
SH1 info on tactics and manual TDC would also certainly be helpful.
I think some of the comprehensive tutorials, especially manual TDC of the past have been lost.

Very pleased to be here and to learn from the veterans.

:salute:

I have all my DOS Based SubSims including Silent Hunter and SHCE running under Defend-Reloaded! It runs on 32 bit or 64 bit computers! :arrgh!: I can tell you that Sub Sim is the best web site for Submarine Simulations! Along with some easy Google searches, you can find a lot stuff for Silent Hunter! One folder I have has over 500 megs of files I saved from different sites!

Christopher Tarana

Sub Penguin 04-22-22 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristopherTarana (Post 2805020)
I have all my DOS Based SubSims including Silent Hunter and SHCE running under Defend-Reloaded! It runs on 32 bit or 64 bit computers! :arrgh!: I can tell you that Sub Sim is the best web site for Submarine Simulations! Along with some easy Google searches, you can find a lot stuff for Silent Hunter! One folder I have has over 500 megs of files I saved from different sites!

Christopher Tarana

Thanks for the welcome gents!

Christopher, I do have the game running perfectly.

I've been over the net and all my add-ons amount to 50mb. Most sites are gone and files are no longer available. Could you possibly share any of the files you have?

I want to spend a great deal of time with SHCE and learn everything using this sim. This is the sim I would ideally like to have the most files for.

ChristopherTarana 04-22-22 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Penguin (Post 2805076)
Thanks for the welcome gents!

Christopher, I do have the game running perfectly.

I've been over the net and all my add-ons amount to 50mb. Most sites are gone and files are no longer available. Could you possibly share any of the files you have?

I want to spend a great deal of time with SHCE and learn everything using this sim. This is the sim I would ideally like to have the most files for.

I can send you files with the following caveats! Gmail maxes out attachments to 20 MB! I can't send .Zip files containing.exe or .Dll files either! I will PM you my Email address! :arrgh!: I know I have old tutorials and Missions! :ping:

Christopher Tarana

Sub Penguin 04-22-22 09:23 PM

Thanks to Christopher for passing on some missions. :up:

He couldn't pass on anything else due to his email.

I have collected a good amount of downloads on my own but looking for anything I can find for SH1. It's my first sub sim. I want to use it to really learn the ropes you could say. I'll then upgrade through the other SH's and other sub sims in the future. I think I'm already kinda hooked! :yeah:

propbeanie 05-06-22 09:01 AM

Be sure you check the SubSim site :subsim:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom//do...p?do=cat&id=42

and the "Legacy Downloads" page, a bit over halfway down:

https://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/...s2005.html#sh1