SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sartoris 05-23-14 11:20 AM

Hi, thanks for creating this mega mod! One question: I remember that TDW's UI mod comes with several versions of scopes, and the one the user should use depends on his monitor resolution. How did you handle this issue when creating the mod? Is there a step during the installation at which the user chooses the appropriate version of the scope or does everyone use some default version?

vdr1981 05-24-14 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sartoris (Post 2210192)
Hi, thanks for creating this mega mod! One question: I remember that TDW's UI mod comes with several versions of scopes, and the one the user should use depends on his monitor resolution. How did you handle this issue when creating the mod? Is there a step during the installation at which the user chooses the appropriate version of the scope or does everyone use some default version?

Hm, interesting question...:hmmm:
By default, I used 8x5 aspect ration settings, totally forgot that someone actualy use 16x9 or even 4x3 resolutions.

Can I see screenshot of attack scope view from anyone who use those screen resolutions ?

mr.artur_96 05-24-14 09:01 AM

Hey. What happened with controls in this mod ? I can move with W,S,A,D and not with arrows as I earlier could and there is no possibility to launch radio or gramophone. Like there is stock controls. Can I do something with it ?

vdr1981 05-24-14 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.artur_96 (Post 2210434)
Hey. What happened with controls in this mod ? I can move with W,S,A,D and not with arrows as I earlier could and there is no possibility to launch radio or gramophone. Like there is stock controls. Can I do something with it ?

You can enable radio and gramophone using appropriate UI commands.

vdr1981 05-24-14 11:25 AM

TWoS Patch 3 is ready for download, checkout the first post...

-Added :
* NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
* New values for "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py"
* Improoved waves settings
* IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)
* Large Optics for TDW UI Manos Scopes Glass Effects

TWoS Patch 3 is cumulative. Enable it in the port after the main mod...

Don't forget to check documentation folders...:subsim:

Maalek 05-24-14 05:39 PM

Problem with installing the mod -files are missing-

Hi,

first of all thank you for the mod. Now I am trying do get it running.

Problem: I marked in red what is not working in my install because those elements are simply not there where they supposed to be. In fact they are not there at all. The patch 3 file is missing in my fresh download and the .py file is also missing in the "scripts" folder. Pls let me know how my game is effected if I am unable to complete these elements in my install. Al other Steps were working fine. Thx a lot!

The Wolves of Steel 1.02 The Wolves of Steel 1.02_Patch_3 *The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - TDW Real Navigation *The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1
Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make at least one change, just in case...Save

vdr1981 05-24-14 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maalek (Post 2210551)
Hi,

first of all thank you for the mod. Now I am trying do get it running.

Problem: I marked in red what is not working in my install because those elements are simply not there where they supposed to be. In fact they are not there at all. The patch 3 file is missing in my fresh download and the .py file is also missing in the "scripts" folder. Pls let me know how my game is effected if I am unable to complete these elements in my install. Al other Steps were working fine. Thx a lot!

The Wolves of Steel 1.02 The Wolves of Steel 1.02_Patch_3 *The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - TDW Real Navigation *The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1
Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make at least one change, just in case...Save

I dont understand? You cant find "TWoS 1.02 Patch 3" ?
Are you familiar with JSGME?

mr.artur_96 05-25-14 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2210451)
You can enable radio and gramophone using appropriate UI commands.

Witch commands ? :hmmm: I'm not familiar with stock commands. "T" and "G" insn't working at all.

vdr1981 05-25-14 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.artur_96 (Post 2210636)
Witch commands ? :hmmm: I'm not familiar with stock commands. "T" and "G" insn't working at all.

http://s28.postimg.org/ki5b59fb1/SH5...5_13_07_57.jpg

THEBERBSTER 05-25-14 09:05 AM

A warm welcome “Maalek“ to the Subsim family.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH5 post::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Shalafi 05-25-14 02:16 PM

So I've spent my time since 8 o'clock this morning, till now 9 o'clock in the evening, watching videos, reading forums and manuals, reinstalling and digging deeper into the mod. Im not going to read 39 pages looking for an answer that may not be there. (Google found a post that was dated des 2013. And that did not work for me.) So Im sorry if the question has been asked before - I tried my best.

Is there any way to enable the "Ship recognition" command for the weapon offiser?

I have no problem with the real navigation and so on. But spening hours just trying to find out what Im looking at so I can get a mast height and draft... I guess Im not that an "average" (as the descirtion in the first post says) sub-sim player. I rather use my time on math and geometry.

KnoX_04 05-25-14 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalafi (Post 2210798)
Is there any way to enable the "Ship recognition" command for the weapon offiser?.

In ..data/Menu/Pages/Page Layout there is a missing Entry. But as far as i know you have to rename all following Entries as the numbers have to be in a row like G3FI135, G3FI136, G3FI137 (sorry dont know the correct term in english).

This is the Entry that is missing:

[G3F I136]
Name=WP Identify target
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F4D0005
ParentID=0x3F4D0000
Pos=56,-494,60,60
Zone= 350 166 60 60 0 1 0x3F4D0001 0 -0.5 0x3F4D0005 0 0.5 6 0
Materials=4
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/orders1.dds
Crop 0=0.666667,0.5,1,1
Mat 1=data/menu/gui/layout/orders1.dds
Crop 1=0,0.5,1,1
Mat 2=data/menu/gui/layout/orders1.dds
Crop 2=0.333333,0.5,1,1
Mat 3=data/menu/gui/layout/orders1.dds
Crop 3=0,0.5,1,1
MatFlags=0x9
TexFmt=0x0
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF
ToolTipText=2865

Sorry for bad english, hope u know what to do ;)

Jimbuna 05-25-14 03:06 PM

Welcome Maalek :sunny:

Shalafi 05-25-14 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoX_04 (Post 2210813)
In ..data/Menu/Pages/Page Layout there is a missing Entry. But as far as i know you have to rename all following Entries as the numbers have to be in a row like G3FI135, G3FI136, G3FI137 (sorry dont know the correct term in english).

*snip*

Oh goodie! I just have to rename 700 entries...

Maybe I can try to put at the end... maybe? What could possibly go wrong!

Thanks for the info. Im hoping someone else knows of a solution that doesnt involve that much manual labour.

vdr1981 05-25-14 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalafi (Post 2210798)
So I've spent my time since 8 o'clock this morning, till now 9 o'clock in the evening, watching videos, reading forums and manuals, reinstalling and digging deeper into the mod. Im not going to read 39 pages looking for an answer that may not be there. (Google found a post that was dated des 2013. And that did not work for me.) So Im sorry if the question has been asked before - I tried my best.

Is there any way to enable the "Ship recognition" command for the weapon offiser?

I have no problem with the real navigation and so on. But spening hours just trying to find out what Im looking at so I can get a mast height and draft... I guess Im not that an "average" (as the descirtion in the first post says) sub-sim player. I rather use my time on math and geometry.

No, Auto. target recognition is disabled for realism purposes. I don't think it's realistic to identify the ship 20 km away just by clicking one button...Sinking enemy shipping is is already to easy...