SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

Capt Lucky Luke 09-28-18 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570487)
Absolutely false positive.:yep: Probably your AV does not react very well on a "new" SH5 executable which has been modified by TDW Generic Patcher. You should talk with Bitdefender support and submit the files for the analysis so that they can update their database... :yep: Until than, it's up to you will you ignore the warnings and play the game or wait for official bitdefender confirmation about FP detection.:yep:

Cheers! :salute:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm to old to talk to Bitdefender but still young enough to play SH. I must figure away around the AV now. I have already made a clean installation of the vanilla and excluded the entire Silent Hunter 5 folder from any future AV scans plus fired up the game and started playing the intro campaign.
I have deleted all the quarantined files the AV, so I should be able to restore any files blocked by the AV when I install the The Wolves of Steel mod again.

I assume as the author of the mod that you don't take any responsibility should my rig explode? :subsim:

vdr1981 09-28-18 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Lucky Luke (Post 2570498)
Thanks for the feedback. I'm to old to talk to Bitdefender but still young enough to play SH. I must figure away around the AV now. I have already made a clean installation of the vanilla and excluded the entire Silent Hunter 5 folder from any future AV scans plus fired up the game and started playing the intro campaign.
I have deleted all the quarantined files the AV, so I should be able to restore any files blocked by the AV when I install the The Wolves of Steel mod again.

I assume as the author of the mod that you don't take any responsibility should my rig explode? :subsim:

Even if it does explode , I'm pretty much sure it wont be because of TWoS mod...:03:
Happy hunting! :salute:

vivik 09-28-18 07:25 PM

For some reason I cant install the The Wolves of Steel 2.2. Every time I try to install it says in the end "Windows did not find 'TWoS_JSGME.exe'.

I found the JSGME thing here from this site at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156898 thread but when I click download it says: Invalid File ID. If you are trying to download a Bonus Mod, you need to access the SUBSIM SUBscribers Lounge - BONUS MODS forum at the top of the page.

For more info, check the Bonus Mods Read Me First.

skin-nl 09-29-18 05:37 AM

Welcome Vivik :salute:

To enter the bonus mods page you need to become a supporting member.

But you can also download JSGME here
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others...-Enabler.shtml

iron wolf 10-03-18 01:42 AM

Game crash

Yesterday i install dvd version of SH5 and try to install WOS mod and it crash game immediately after first loading is done, just before intro. without mod game runs fine. I did fallow all instruction i just don't use steam conversion tool. any advice many thanks

skin-nl 10-03-18 02:46 PM

Welcome iron wolf :salute:

Did you install sh5 outside the program files x86 directory?

THEBERBSTER 10-03-18 02:50 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > iron wolf
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Aktungbby 10-03-18 04:36 PM

welcome aboard!

iron wolf!:Kaleun_Salute:

iron wolf 10-03-18 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2571162)
Welcome iron wolf :salute:

Did you install sh5 outside the program files x86 directory?

Yes i usually install all my games outside program files or windows install disc.

ouPhrontis 10-04-18 02:58 AM

I received an encrypted transmission from BdU, along with its deciphered counterpart, unfortunately I failed to note which one, during 1939.

skin-nl 10-04-18 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron wolf (Post 2571196)
Yes i usually install all my games outside program files or windows install disc.

Did you also update sh5 to version 1.2 first?

iron wolf 10-04-18 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2571240)
Did you also update sh5 to version 1.2 first?

yes i did updated to 1.2, i did downloaded all necessary patch and everything else what is needed and still nothing

vdr1981 10-04-18 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron wolf (Post 2571274)
... and everything else what is needed and still nothing

What exactly? :hmmm:

Quote:

4. Provide a screenshot which will show all content and installation path of your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder.
5. Describe briefly your mod installation process and specify any error messages you've got during the installation.

What about Generic File Patcher? Everything went smooth there?
Do you use some antivirus software?

skin-nl 10-04-18 01:48 PM

Have you watched here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRnfsN4Er_Q

TWOS is very straight forward to install i had no trouble at all
maybe you missed something through the install

CaptBones 10-05-18 09:11 PM

Magnificent work!

After setting SH5 on the shelf several years ago, I started reading up on TWoS and am giving it a go...so far it has been amazing.

I have encountered one minor glitch so far. When I started my first "practice" Baltic campaign in Memel my boat (a Type VIIB) was sitting with decks awash in the bunker...really "awash"...practically at periscope depth. It slowly surfaces but still only to decks awash. Something amiss there?

I was also wondering if it would still be possible to work on tutorials if I leave the Documents/SH5/data/cfg/CareerHistory tutorial question as "False"? I think I need some practice with all the new stuff before I try to continue on a patrol.