SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 04-02-15 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havner (Post 2302980)
Hi,

How do you access a recognition manual that can feed TDC like the one visible here (on the linked video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROqWPlTldg&t=4m5s

With better graphics and no need to use XO dialog.

Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen...Then, dragable recognition manual tab will appear the left side of the screen...

Havner 04-02-15 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2303122)
Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen...Then, dragable recognition manual tab will appear the left side of the screen...

Thanks for your answer. I got it. Although the E key also shows other charts and after first use the other window disappeared for me (the one where you choose those charts). I think I might've moved it outside the screen.

1. Is there any chance to reset its position to be visible again?

I also noticed that the "Send mast height to TDC" only works when you mark the target with Space and the XO window is visible.

2. Is there any chance not to be forced to use the XO window? Having all the controls for the aiming I find it redundant.

3. Is there any other way to see/change currently selected mast height but the XO window with range selected? Some other dial where you can select mast height by hand?

Thank you.

Aktungbby 04-02-15 02:50 PM

welcome aboard!

:Kaleun_Salute:Havner! & Qu667 & Vadeboale!

Havner 04-02-15 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2303186)
:Kaleun_Salute:Havner! & Qu667 & Vadeboale!

Thank you :)

vdr1981 04-02-15 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havner (Post 2303185)
Thanks for your answer. I got it. Although the E key also shows other charts and after first use the other window disappeared for me (the one where you choose those charts). I think I might've moved it outside the screen.

1. Is there any chance to reset its position to be visible again?

I also noticed that the "Send mast height to TDC" only works when you mark the target with Space and the XO window is visible.

2. Is there any chance not to be forced to use the XO window? Having all the controls for the aiming I find it redundant.

3. Is there any other way to see/change currently selected mast height but the XO window with range selected? Some other dial where you can select mast height by hand?

Thank you.

1. Yes, delete all dragables.TDW files from main game folder and start the game again...
2. Sure, there is an option just for that in TDW options file editor viewer, XO tab...You can disable XO menu pop up anytime...
3. No, unfortunately...

zuff 04-02-15 04:25 PM

First off, vdr1981, fantastic collection. It's made my SH5 experience perfect.

Second, I've noticed a lot of boats having very low drafts, almost decks awashed on larger warships making them impossible to identify to someone new to the series like myself. I'm sure vets will recognize them easily without being able to see the bottom half.

Is this a known bug with a mod or the game? Or is it intentional? Regardless I enabled Identify Ship in the page layout.ini which should resolve my problem for now.

Third, I randomly see black smoke covering most of the horizon in some directions. Looking at it through binocs it disappears. Known bug?

THEBERBSTER 04-02-15 06:19 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Havner :subsim:
A Warm Welcome Back > Vadeboale :up:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Having Tonnage Bar Problems Then You Need My Tutorial Post #188 :/\\!!

Havner 04-02-15 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2303205)
1. Yes, delete all dragables.TDW files from main game folder and start the game again...

Thanks.
Quote:

2. Sure, there is an option just for that in TDW options file editor viewer, XO tab...You can disable XO menu pop up anytime...
I know I can hide it. What I rather meant was: is that possible feature wise not to use it at all. There are two things that can be achieved only using XO from what I can see. Manual mast height and selecting target type so you can see its daft profile. But the advanced recognition manual can set the mast manually and it displays ship's daft so even if its not shown graphically you can know how to set torpedo depth. So I suppose it is possible.

One more thing nurtures me. Does the global settings "manual target mode" have any impact on the Wolves of Steel other than setting the TDC ON/OFF at the start of the mission? It can be changed later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2303242)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Havner :subsim:

Thanks.
I've read your tutorials already. Some useful stuff :)

Myxale 04-03-15 03:32 AM

Kudo for yet another great update. Well done. :salute:

Jimbuna 04-03-15 05:34 AM

Welcome Aboard :sunny:

scott_b 04-03-15 11:24 AM

This might be a stupid question, but here it goes.

Is there any way to change the navigation map to the original one used within the unmodded SH5? Or is that not possible within the megamod?

vdr1981 04-03-15 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuff (Post 2303215)
First off, vdr1981, fantastic collection. It's made my SH5 experience perfect.

Second, I've noticed a lot of boats having very low drafts, almost decks awashed on larger warships making them impossible to identify to someone new to the series like myself. I'm sure vets will recognize them easily without being able to see the bottom half.

Is this a known bug with a mod or the game? Or is it intentional? Regardless I enabled Identify Ship in the page layout.ini which should resolve my problem for now.

You mean when looking at distant ships? If yes then it's known "feature". Is it intentional, I really cant say. Maybe it's simulated curvature of the earth, who knows. In any case it's always been like that with SH series...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuff (Post 2303215)
Third, I randomly see black smoke covering most of the horizon in some directions. Looking at it through binocs it disappears. Known bug?

Very old and known bug...

vdr1981 04-03-15 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_b (Post 2303430)
This might be a stupid question, but here it goes.

Is there any way to change the navigation map to the original one used within the unmodded SH5? Or is that not possible within the megamod?

Not so easy...

How do you plan to find patrol grid locations with default map without grid system? :06:

Shalafi 04-03-15 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2168004)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeHower http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif
Thanks for this megamod and to all ,who makes the mods implemented in this.:salute:
I got one question. I have no option( icon ) for weapon officer to identify my target. Its the part of make as real as possible ( like real navigation ) or i have make some mistake during installation this mod?:/\\!!
Thank you

If you really want to use automatic target recognition, which is a bit unrealistic IMO especially because you can recognize a ship 20+km away, install this mod anywhere in patrol or in port ... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4248

This doesnt work. The tool bar on the portraits wont pop up at all when I installed this little addon. Probably too old. Anyone got a more recent fix?

THEBERBSTER 04-04-15 05:01 AM

I understand both the argument for and against Automatic Target Identification.

Those who want to play with high difficulty levels do not want it.

The average player does.

Personally I cannot see why the Identification Icon cannot be active and leave it to the player as to whether they want to use it or not.

Depending on the experience of the Captain and Torpedo Officer in SH5 Max Bauer (Gunner) quite a few of the targets would automatically be identified anyway.

I would be the first to agree that unusual/rare targets would need to be manually looked up even for experienced officers.

It does however raise an interesting debate on the subject.

Peter