SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gambla 11-14-17 02:25 PM

hey Kaleuns,
my sonar guy is detecting lots of whales (north of Irland), it's really getting annoying :(. I can't remember having read in any book that this was so common, if it happened at all. Am I just unlucky ?

THEBERBSTER 11-14-17 03:27 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > geoweb35
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

fitzcarraldo 11-14-17 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambla (Post 2525165)
hey Kaleuns,
my sonar guy is detecting lots of whales (north of Irland), it's really getting annoying :(. I can't remember having read in any book that this was so common, if it happened at all. Am I just unlucky ?

Greenpeace is there....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

d@rk51d3 11-14-17 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2525203)
Greenpeace is there....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Cool.
Can we sink the Sea Shepherd too?

HW3 11-14-17 09:21 PM

Quote:

hey Kaleuns,
my sonar guy is detecting lots of whales (north of Irland), it's really getting annoying . I can't remember having read in any book that this was so common, if it happened at all. Am I just unlucky ?
There are several different spots where you can hear the whales. It can get annoying after a while. I wish we could tell the sonar guy to ignore them after he hears and reports them.

SS Norholm 11-15-17 07:26 AM

Hi Vecko, i just did a manual campaign transfer from Happy Times to Mare Nostrum following your guide......because my campaign transfer failed.

Here is my mod list for you, just in case there is something there that may have caused the CT failure, and so i know for the future.

Not had any problems or CTD's up until the CT fail. I've been running these mods for several weeks now (apart from your latest updates obviously)

Specs:
I7 4770k @ 4.2 ghz
8 GB Ram
GTX 780 Titan
Running game on D drive (1TB HDD) - Windows 7 64 bit

:Kaleun_Salute:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.9e Update
Chart Colour Scheme 3
Critical hits v 1.2
DeckKannon
DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved)
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
TWoS Glass Covered GUI Dials
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target ID
TWoS Neutrals Exclusively Iluminated until [Date]

vdr1981 11-15-17 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Norholm (Post 2525315)
Hi Vecko, i just did a manual campaign transfer from Happy Times to Mare Nostrum following your guide......because my campaign transfer failed.

Here is my mod list for you, just in case there is something there that may have caused the CT failure, and so i know for the future.

Not had any problems or CTD's up until the CT fail. I've been running these mods for several weeks now (apart from your latest updates obviously)

Specs:
I7 4770k @ 4.2 ghz
8 GB Ram
GTX 780 Titan
Running game on D drive (1TB HDD) - Windows 7 64 bit

:Kaleun_Salute:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.9e Update
Chart Colour Scheme 3
Critical hits v 1.2
DeckKannon
DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved)
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
TWoS Glass Covered GUI Dials
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target ID
TWoS Neutrals Exclusively Iluminated until [Date]

Occasional campaign transfer failures are exclusively caused by faulty ubisoft's game launcher and that's why I wrote this workaround in the first place. Cracked SH5 executable is for example immune to this problem...

Did you follow ingame campagn/flotilla transfer radio messages untill the end ? Can you summarize last week of your HT playtrough in few lines? That would be quite helpful....:yep:

Your modlist can work although I don't really like those torpedoes and gun "boost" mods...:yep:
Happy huning!:salute:

SS Norholm 11-15-17 11:11 AM

Yeah good work around for sure! In fact, as others said, it's better than the instant jump from patrol to bunker. :)

Ok, so yes Sir I followed all the messages from BDU regarding transfer.
I even tried the two other suggestions in your faq about Changing priorities etc.
Even tried the Campaign Advance test mod within GME.

This last patrol with CT fail:
I left Lorient on 26/2/41 without selecting a mission as I knew I only had a few days left.

I headed north west towards the south Ireland coast, sank a lone Small NP Tanker, and a day later (28th feb) came across a small Task force of 6 destroyers.
Fired 4 torps at them, only one kill.
Went deep and waited until they left....no damage to sub.
Surfaced and got away from the area,(destroyers also long gone) by this time it was midday on the 28th and I made a manual save.
Then just started making my way back towards Base. Stayed well away from traffic and the coast near lorient, then came all the failure messages after 1st March.

I didn't dock and end patrol until I'd tried everything else you suggest in the faq.

I got right up to the 8th of March on one save on TC with constant failure messages,despite saving/reloading and followinginstructions.

The patrol I did before this last one, if it makes any difference, was the one I mentioned that Failed - Strategic Supplies: Sink a tanker.

Cheers,

John.

THEBERBSTER 11-15-17 11:43 AM

Hi Vecko
Quote:

Cracked SH5 executable is for example immune to this problem...
Is a cracked exe with a genuine bought SH5 game legal?
Peter

vdr1981 11-15-17 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Norholm (Post 2525366)
Yeah good work around for sure! In fact, as others said, it's better than the instant jump from patrol to bunker. :)

Ok, so yes Sir I followed all the messages from BDU regarding transfer.
I even tried the two other suggestions in your faq about Changing priorities etc.
Even tried the Campaign Advance test mod within GME.

This last patrol with CT fail:
I left Lorient on 26/2/41 without selecting a mission as I knew I only had a few days left.

I headed north west towards the south Ireland coast, sank a lone Small NP Tanker, and a day later (28th feb) came across a small Task force of 6 destroyers.
Fired 4 torps at them, only one kill.
Went deep and waited until they left....no damage to sub.
Surfaced and got away from the area,(destroyers also long gone) by this time it was midday on the 28th and I made a manual save.
Then just started making my way back towards Base. Stayed well away from traffic and the coast near lorient, then came all the failure messages after 1st March.

I didn't dock and end patrol until I'd tried everything else you suggest in the faq.

I got right up to the 8th of March on one save on TC with constant failure messages,despite saving/reloading and followinginstructions.

The patrol I did before this last one, if it makes any difference, was the one I mentioned that Failed - Strategic Supplies: Sink a tanker.

Cheers,

John.

Thank You very much John!:up:
I'm really glad when I hear that my workaround works well even for relatively new Twos Captains. :yep:

vdr1981 11-15-17 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2525376)
Hi Vecko
Is a cracked exe with a genuine bought SH5 game legal?
Peter

Hardly...On the other hand, is it legal to sell broken product without any support or mentioning the true state of the product?:hmmm:

SS Norholm 11-15-17 12:35 PM

Yes no problems thanks!

Lots if good advice and tips in your FAQ.

Just for the record I have a genuine copy of SH5 brought from the Amazon link on this site....Apologies for the dumb question but what's all this about a 'Jack Sparrow' version?

Or was you just pointing out that folks with dodgy versions can be spotted because they don't get CT fail?

Sorry Vecko, not being rude or having a go at you Sir, some things in conversations go straight over my head lol! 'Blonde moments'
Probably my ASD. 🙄

Cyborg322 11-15-17 12:47 PM

Jack Sparrow from the movie

vdr1981 11-15-17 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2525398)
Jack Sparrow from the movie

:haha: :up:

vdr1981 11-15-17 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Norholm (Post 2525389)
Yes no problems thanks!

Lots if good advice and tips in your FAQ.

Just for the record I have a genuine copy of SH5 brought from the Amazon link on this site....Apologies for the dumb question but what's all this about a 'Jack Sparrow' version?

Or was you just pointing out that folks with dodgy versions can be spotted because they don't get CT fail?

Sorry Vecko, not being rude or having a go at you Sir, some things in conversations go straight over my head lol! 'Blonde moments'
Probably my ASD. ��

Just forget what you saw and enjoy Mare Nostrum...:up: