SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

elder_gutknecht 12-29-16 04:50 AM

Same problem with two torpedos, but in my case i follow the DD untill it stop very near the coast, was imposible to destroy, there was medium rough sea so i imagine that torpedos run like dolphins

palmic 12-29-16 05:07 AM

Hi Vecko i have problem with 1.06, i cannot "dock" in Memel after very first mission of war (docking interaction is never shown).

When i look to the map, i think i can see why - port label is far away from port real location dont you know why?

I have fresh SH5 install and i am sure i have everything installed just like when i played last 1.05 and every before. (i did it already about 1000x)
I have only mods for sounds, intro video and so:
-----
Mods:
-------------------------------------------------------
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Part I
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Part II
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 03a
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
aggresive UI sounds fix
authentic gramophone records
Battle of the Atlantic - Menu video
Popular German Music From The 30?s
wolfgang_luth_records
Dax Environment Sound Mod 1.0 for SH5

THEBERBSTER 12-29-16 05:15 AM

Hi palmic
Quote:

i cannot "dock" in Memel after very first mission of war (docking interaction is never shown).
Once you leave Memel you can never go back there.
Your new home port is Kiel.
This is confirmed by radio message after your objective of sinking 2 ships has been completed.
The Memel base icon remains in place until you are well on your way to Kiel.
Peter

palmic 12-29-16 05:23 AM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

hmmm am i an idiot? :o

I would bet no message came, but this make sense, i dont remember it from before....

Thanks! :salute:

Update:
Massage came, i was inattentive...
Thanks again! :salute:

vdr1981 12-29-16 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2454813)
Hi Vecko i have problem with 1.06, i cannot "dock" in Memel after very first mission of war (docking interaction is never shown).

When i look to the map, i think i can see why - port label is far away from port real location dont you know why?

I have fresh SH5 install and i am sure i have everything installed just like when i played last 1.05 and every before. (i did it already about 1000x)
I have only mods for sounds, intro video and so:
-----
Mods:
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Part I
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Part II

2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 03a
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
aggresive UI sounds fix
authentic gramophone records
Battle of the Atlantic - Menu video
Popular German Music From The 30?s
wolfgang_luth_records
Dax Environment Sound Mod 1.0 for SH5

These were RC versions and not fully released TWOS 1.06...

You should redownload the modpack/update and reinstall the game...:yep: Your campaign is still "fresh" anyway...

THEBERBSTER 12-29-16 05:38 AM

I have been in the Narvik Fjord since March 29th moving around.
From late evening on March 31st I started to cover the channel entrance to Narvik from the Fjord to within 15km with my hydrophone so I had the whole entrance covered from all directions.
I have not seen or heard the British Task Force and yet they occupy Narvik as it has turned red.
On April 3rd I decripted an Enigma message, "Attack ships close to the port of Narvik Urgent".
According to the Flag Chart Norway does not become an enemy until the 9th April.
Does the game recognize this Enigma message or am I going to pay a penalty if I now start sinking Norwegian ships before April 9th?
Peter

vdr1981 12-29-16 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2454818)
I have been in the Narvik Fjord since March 29th moving around.
From late evening on March 31st I started to cover the channel entrance to Narvik from the Fjord to within 15km with my hydrophone so I had the whole entrance covered from all directions.
I have not seen or heard the British Task Force and yet they occupy Narvik as it has turned red.
On April 3rd I decripted an Enigma message, "Attack ships close to the port of Narvik Urgent".
According to the Flag Chart Norway does not become an enemy until the 9th April.
Does the game recognize this Enigma message or am I going to pay a penalty if I now start sinking Norwegian ships before April 9th?
Peter

You can attack Norwegian ships as soon as Norwegian ports turn red...Port colors are the best indicator of current nations affiliation...

THEBERBSTER 12-29-16 05:49 AM

Hi Vecko
The OFEV is buried deep inside all of the FAQ's.
Quote:

- I want more custom settings in order to set gameplay options to suit my playing style (auto TDC, map contacts, UI style ect)...
Sure..Withing the modpack is contained an awesome TDW User Options File Editor Viewer application. Learn how to use this app and explore it's options. It is truly remarkable application and it offers to the player level of customization like in no previous SH title...How to use TDW Options File Editor Viewer with The Wolves of Steel Megamod
This important application should be part of the Post #1 installation process as it is something players will want to make changes to before enabling the TWOS mods.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 12-29-16 06:01 AM

Hi Vecko
Thanks for the quick reply.
That is good to know.
Peter

palmic 12-29-16 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2454763)
It is my ultimate goal in SH5...To learn full celestial navigation and to say goodbye to navigators scripts. :) Right now, I can do a bit of dead reckoning but manual celestial fix is still nautical mile away...:)

I don't use manual celestial nav, i just calculate distances by speed table in time and once a time i confirm my logs by navigator celestial fix.
When i tried to return to memel, i picked time by this way, set alarm clock and run TC.
When alarm stopped tc, i went out to the tower and saw... Nothing, it was very foggy. Just seagulls was screaming around.
When fog passed by, i went out again and saw memel buildings lightning at my 90 about few kms away :)

Just stop using script and pick your travel time by table.
There just check celestial fix from navigator.
It's easy and so much better ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elder_gutknecht 12-29-16 06:59 AM

After attack the DD in Narvik, when it turns red, a german task force will enter
Then go to the end of the red arrow and you will see a capital ship and a lot of DD, report contacts and near uboats will help to disband the DD protection circle, now you'll have a chance to destroy that capital ship
Or you can attack from a side and run like a fool, again the circle will disband it's a hard work evade the 5 DD that protect the capital ship
Good luck mate

vdr1981 12-29-16 08:42 AM

Can anyone remember was it possible with previous TWoS versions (or any custom modlists at all) to hear AI submarines on hydrophone (player operated)?:hmmm:.

EDIT:
Nevermind...I've found what is the problem...

EDIT 2:
Fixed in TWoS 1.06 Update 03c

palmic 12-29-16 10:37 AM

hmmm i just decoded my first enigma message :know:

vdr1981 12-29-16 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2454890)
hmmm i just decoded my first enigma message :know:

:up:

Did you see post #6640 ?:hmmm:

palmic 12-29-16 11:09 AM

Yep, i just want to dock into Kiel and reinstall, thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk