SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

McKvack 10-07-15 04:00 PM

I got a new peoblem and that is, I cant get the speed of enemy ships when clicking on them on the map. I get cordinates and stuff but speed just say "Speed ---"

I have enabled the settings in the OptionsFileEditorViewer but I just cant get it to work.

Can someone help me?

Catastrophy 10-07-15 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophy (Post 2349479)
Will do. I'm looking forward to figure out the sextant use. As for the harbour: It was just a shovel of sand under our keel. We've reached open water and it's 240 miles or so to the target area. I gotta find out how to make TC work, too.

I can't seem to make TC work and with the number of cfgs that define the keybinds I have no clue where to look. Anyway, it doesn't work by clicking on the UI either.

YoYo 10-09-15 12:23 AM

Hi,
question about Campaign. How to begin Happy Times? Next part of the Campaign? Im in 16.06.1940 and I dont see the overlap with new mission (on map). I was on patrol between 25.04.40 - 16.06.40. I docked in bunker in Wilhelmshaven too (for test after save), spoke with commander and didn't see proposition of Happy Times.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbpplws1u.jpg

Always I did Completed mission, like this:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psoujjv4i7.jpg

but end screen always looks like this (is it ok too? Pending, just tutorial from SH5 without mod here is Completed:):

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psgfmzhazo.jpg

So how can I pass from one campaign to the next one? I was on the patrol when I had Coastal Waters active :( ....

vdr1981 10-09-15 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2349609)
Hello,

@vdr1981,

A little free time. I did logo for WofS based on kriegsmarine flag and UZO idea (for banners, mod webpage, next my movie ;> ect). If You like it and want to use it as official logo please PM me.

Looking very nice YoYo ! :up:

vdr1981 10-09-15 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2349579)
:yeah:
What do you need to know?

Hey Gap, sorry for late reply...

Still don't know how to add crew that walk on the ship, but that's not my main problem.

The main problem are textures. I've used dds texture from one previously imported ship with ship shown on the picture . As you can see they match perfectly.

However, I wasn't so lucky when I tried to import one medium sized tanker from Sh4...
http://s6.postimg.org/iqc1p9ylt/SH5_...7_16_19_07.png

Do you want to take a look at it maybe?:hmm2:

vdr1981 10-09-15 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2349917)
Hi,
question about Campaign. How to begin Happy Times? Next part of the Campaign? Im in 16.06.1940 and I dont see the overlap with new mission (on map). I was on patrol between 25.04.40 - 16.06.40. I docked in bunker in Wilhelmshaven too (for test after save), spoke with commander and didn't see proposition of Happy Times.

Can you confirm that you were ON patrol on may 31st 1940 ?:hmmm:
EDIT:
Now, when I look better at your third screenshot it seems that your campaign is broken from some reason...My guess is that you have forgot to save/reload the game when you first time entered bunker in Memel harbour on your campaign start? :hmm2:

YoYo 10-09-15 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2350066)
Can you confirm that you were ON patrol on may 31st 1940 ?:hmmm:
EDIT:
Now, when I look better at your third screenshot it seems that your campaign is broken from some reason...My guess is that you have forgot to save/reload the game when you first time entered bunker in Memel harbour on your campaign start? :hmm2:

Ad1. Yes, I was on the patrol (6).
http://images68.fotosik.pl/1244/44dd713dd3e68e6c.jpg

Ad2. Hmmm, I hear it the first time, I miss something?
So in the beginning of the campaign in the bunker (Baltic Operations) 31.08.39?

vdr1981 10-09-15 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2350073)

Ad2. Hmmm, I hear it the first time, I miss something?
So in the beginning of the campaign in the bunker (Baltic Operations) 31.08.39?

Yes, and this is especially emphasized in install instructions (step 7)...:yep:

YoYo 10-09-15 05:00 PM

Ups, 6 patrols costed me near a month :(. I skipped a tutorial for sure but didnt do this. Is there any way to start or continue Campaign from Happy Times (with progress and my ranks)?

gap 10-09-15 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2350040)
Hey Gap, sorry for late reply...

Still don't know how to add crew that walk on the ship,

Preset ship crew groups are found in data\Library\Patch_* folders. In order to see any of them, open its .GR2 file in Goblin Editor, and merge the corresponding .chr file. Crew waypoints are a bit off center; if you have problems bringing the characters within Goblin's viewport, select model's main bone, and from the 'View' menu select 'Center on selection'.
The numbers denoting each crew group are not random: they indicate the approximate empty space (in meters) the characters will need aboard for them walking through walls. A few examples: Patch_1x1 means a single static character, suited for filling an 1x1 sm space; Patch_1x10 means a group of characters placed/walking along a 1m-wide, 10m-long corridor; Patch_1x10x6 means a group of characters placed/walking along a L-shaped corridor, whose legs are 1m-wide and respectively 10 and 6-m long. If you open those files, you will understand what I mean. You can also create some custom crew groups, but this is a bit more complicated.
For placing crew aboard a newly imported ship, you need to create as many nodes/bones as the number of crew groups you want your ship to display. Once you are done with the bones/nodes cloning process, you have two ways to link the newly created nodes/bones to the desired crew group models; you can:
  • name the node according to the crew models you want to be linked to them. I.e. if you want a given node to display the 1x20_version02 crew model, just call it 'LNK@1x20_version02'. Using this method, crew names are "hardcoded" into the ship model, and are not configurable.
  • The second method is naming crew nodes 'cfg#P<#>_<model name>', etc, where <#> is a progressive number (numbering format commonly used: 01, 02, etc.) required to identify different crew nodes/bones within the same model, and <model name> is the name assigned to model's main bone. Once finished, you should edit unit's .eqp file, the way you would do with any other equipment.

Nodes should be placed as close as possible to the deck surface if you want crew not to levitate above the deck nor to stick out the from the deck with their feet below it. When adjusting bones' positions, stick in mind that 1 unit length in S3ditor/GR2 Editor is equal to 10 m on the model. Moreover, you may need to adjust bone's y-axis rotation in order to make crew characters to be aligned along the correct correctly.

Quote:

The main problem are textures. I've used dds texture from one previously imported ship with ship shown on the picture . As you can see they match perfectly.

However, I wasn't so lucky when I tried to import one medium sized tanker from Sh4...

Where did you get the oiler model from? If you don't have SHIV installed on your PC, have you tried looking for that texture in Uekel's ship pack?

Quote:

Do you want to take a look at it maybe?:hmm2:

Sure, send your files my way if you don't manage grabbing the appropriate ship texture . I should have a disc of SHIV somewhere, I can install the game and get that texture, or I can create it from scratch. :up:

vdr1981 10-09-15 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2350082)

Where did you get the oiler model from? If you don't have SHIV installed on your PC, have you tried looking for that texture in Uekel's ship pack?

Sure, send your files my way if you don't manage grabbing the appropriate ship texture . I should have a disc of SHIV somewhere, I can install the game and get that texture, or I can create it from scratch. :up:

thanks for how to add crew tutorial gap!:up:
Yas , they are all from SH4...Never heard for uekel ship pack...:hmm2:
I could upload tomorrow for you 3 imported ships as a single mod together with original dds textures. Then you wont need to bother your self with SH4 installation? Is that OK?

jtpjr 10-09-15 06:16 PM

CTD When starting campaign

Hi!
I am an experienced Silent hunter modder and have done so since SH3. I have recently tried again to patch this monstrosity that is SH5, and I again am running into problems with it. I followed your instructions without a hitch until I got to the 6th step. I could not find the "TWoS 1.04_Snapshot.gps" . I tried copying the "TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p" and renaming it to that, but still no luck. I moved on and launched the game and it worked fine, up until I started a campaign. I clicked start campaign and said yes to skip tutorial, and it went through the loading screen. During the loading screen, it CTD. What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
jtpjr

EDIT: I had to redownload th .cfg according to the instructions because I could not find it in that folder, and I did backup the files that this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1649 told me to.

THEBERBSTER 10-09-15 06:35 PM

Hi jtpjr

The Snapshot gps file is inside the Snapshot folder.
Look in TDW's Generic File Patcher (GFP) and you will see the Snapshot folder.

When you know where it is all you need to do is go to Restore Snapshot in the GFP.

Peter

jtpjr 10-09-15 06:38 PM

Hi Peter!
Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, there are no files in my snapshot folder. I searched the entire SH5 folder for the file im looking for and the snapshot folder. Maybe I need a direct download to that file?
Thanks!
jtpjr
P.S. there was only one file in the entire Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher after my initial install (a patches folder). There is another snapshot folder in data/applications/Generic patcher, but its not there either

jtpjr 10-09-15 07:39 PM

I found out what I did wrong. I forgot to drag in a few files from the origional zip