SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 07-06-15 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2326453)
Sorry, I didn't write correct...Checked again and found that I have WoS version 1.02 installed...I guess that 1.02 doesn't include Rongels starshells patch.
I must activated them manually sometime in the past and forgot about it...

Beside lag they actually works pretty well as the sight range of the merchant ships fireing starshell increases - for about 1000m.
(Tested in single mission with activated map contacts and visual sensors.)

I wonder why those 1,000 m have such a big impact on computer performance, no matter what system specs are :hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326640)
Question: WoS contains Dynamic Environment. These are SS in the Bismarck Mission, with WoS. The sea looks very similar (if not the same), as vanilla SH5.

This is correct?

Should be okay. :up:

Environment colors change a lot depending on climate zone, sun angle and weather. There are tens of parameters involved, and a zillion of random cobinations among them. Judging from a couple of screenshots wether an environmental mod is installed or not, can be difficult or impossible. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326646)
Problem with sonarman:

When select the direct camera view in the sonar station, the sonarman seems displaced. He moves the hand in an "invisible" wheel.

looks like the hydrophone operator bone is displaced by half a meter. Some of the mods included in TWoS might be messing with it (I wonder why though). Provided that there are no special reasons why the bone has been moved from its original position, fixing this glitch with GR2 Editor would be a matter of minutes :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326758)
Fortunately, there is a solution...Don't look at it...:D

:rotfl2:
This one might be even easier than the solution I suggested above. The one problem problem I see, is the casual player having to remember and apply your fix every time he visits Benno... yet you know how careless the average man can be when it is about following your instructions. What about adding a reminder in game? :D

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...kimano/fix.jpg

vdr1981 07-06-15 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326812)
looks like the hydrophone operator bone is displaced by half a meter. Some of the mods included in TWoS might be messing with it (I wonder why though). Provided that there are no special reasons why the bone has been moved from its original position, fixing this glitch with GR2 Editor would be a matter of minutes :yep:

Moving Beno to the left will probably cause you to sit in Beno's lap while operating hydrophone manually...I guess that wouldn't effect crew moral in a good way...

It's the SteelViking interior mod probably but I really dont know much about compartments GR2 files..

LoL at the reminder...Dont tell me that your new laptop is ready for SH5? ")

fitzcarraldo 07-06-15 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326822)
Moving Beno to the left will probably cause you to sit in Beno's lap while operating hydrophone manually...I guess that wouldn't effect crew moral in a good way...

It's the SteelViking interior mod probably but I really dont know much about compartments GR2 files..

Many thanks to all for the answers and the support :up:

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

gap 07-06-15 03:19 PM

Quote:

:o :oops:
Not at all!

Quote:

IIRC in vanilla game Beno is well placed when he operates the hydrophone, and he steps aside only when the player is manning the station (I don't remember wether in this case his usual animation is stopped or not though). I am sure that SV interior mod has nothing to do with this glitch, provided that we are facing a glitch and not a feature. Maybe fitzcarraldo can circumstanciate a bit better his bug report.

Quote:

Yes it is! I have something on the making, that's why I have been quiet lately :03::sunny:

THE_MASK 07-06-15 03:19 PM

Quote:

I don't use WOS but I have had this when installing a mod . Cannot remember which one . Maybe the one that changes the captains bed into a table .

gap 07-06-15 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2326842)
I don't use WOS but I have had this when installing a mod . Cannot remember which one . Maybe the one that changes the captains bed into a table . Or maybe change the UI back to enhanced and see if that fixes it .

Might also be related to teleport function in New UIs. :hmmm:

vdr1981 07-06-15 03:29 PM

Not SV Interior sry...
What I meant is MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces...
This mod deals with crew animations IIRC...:yep:

And if I may add, Beno is not the only example, moral officer will occasionally sit in the thin air too...:D
It's some kind of misalignment between active crew animation and current position of crew member..

vdr1981 07-06-15 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326841)

Yes it is! I have something on the making, that's why I have been quiet lately :03::sunny:

Give us some hints! :D

Historical guns specifications?:rock:

fitzcarraldo 07-06-15 03:45 PM

The misplaced sonarman appears with SH5 Enhanced UI, SH4 UI and SH3 UI. I tried all the three.

The sonarman is ever displaced. In WoS never see the sonarman in his seat. There isnīt any movement when I take control of the sonar.

Best regards.

vdr1981 07-06-15 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326864)
The misplaced sonarman appears with SH5 Enhanced UI, SH4 UI and SH3 UI. I tried all the three.

The sonarman is ever displaced. In WoS never see the sonarman in his seat. There isnīt any movement when I take control of the sonar.

Best regards.

Hmm, that sounds strange... Type VIIA?

Have you tried to use mouse scroll to move hydrophone needle?

gap 07-06-15 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326848)
Not SV Interior sry...
What I meant is MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces...
This mod deals with crew animations IIRC...:yep:

And if I may add, Beno is not the only example, moral officer will occasionally sit in the thin air too...:D
It's some kind of misalignment between active crew animation and current position of crew member..

Yep, I remember that, but I have never noticed any misalignment of Beno using MFCM before...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326864)

Best regards.

:hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326870)

I think fitzcarraldo meant no movement from Benno (for stepping aside), i.e. he is always aside...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326856)
Give us some hints! :D

After more than three years from its first release, I think it is about time to make the best out of GR2 Editor for adding some new features to the game. I am thinking about several new units, but for a start I am modelling some ordnance, which easy easier to be modeller. At this moment I am focusing on aircraft US armaments (the full series of GP, AP and HE bombs up to 1,000lb, airborne depth charges, air torpedoes, including homing torpedoes, rockets, etc). Tomorrow I will post some renders. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326856)
Historical guns specifications?:rock:

Yep, keeping on with that mod is on my todo list. I think part of it was included in TWoS. Any comment/wish? :)

fitzcarraldo 07-06-15 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326870)

Tomorrow I will do the test of the mouse scroll.

Yes, Type VIIA, departing from Memel, first patrol.

Regards.

THE_MASK 07-06-15 05:57 PM

The Gr2 editor is way under utilised . I can only use it for very minor things like making the tree meshes half the size lol . Moving the deck crew around on deck . Changing the underwater rocks etc etc . I am sure someone who knows what they are doing could do wonders even by manipulating existing Gr2 files .

gap 07-06-15 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326881)
At this moment I am focusing on aircraft US armaments...

A couple of examples:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...3.jpg~original

Mark 13 ASW torpedo

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...o.jpg~original

Mark 24 "Fido" homing acoustic ASW torpedo

Though featured by some mods for SHIII and IV, AFAIK this is the first time these torpedoes are modelled correctly, as far as their sizes and shapes are concerned. As per historical records, the final versions will have plywood aerodynamic appendices which will become invisible underwater. Stick in mind that the renders above lack self illumination/normal maps yet. I think the models will look more vivid once finished. All in all, I have spent a lot of hours looking for good pictures/cross sections of the real things, and I have done my best to add as much realistic detail as possible, by still keeping texture size and polygon number reasonably low. I might still consider reducing them further in order to avoid lag or crashes on low-end computers, but I hope I can add LOD models to the game, similar to what is done for units. What do you think, should I go on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2326886)
The Gr2 editor is way under utilised...

...I am sure someone who knows what they are doing could do wonders even by manipulating existing Gr2 files .

I agree. It is a pity, considering all the hours TDW spent on it :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2326886)
I can only use it for very minor things like making the tree meshes half the size lol...

How have you managed doing that? I remember having tried the same, but I could only increase tree sizes. When I wanted to make them smaller, size in game didn't change. No matter how small their corresponding meshes were... :88):dead:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=979

vdr1981 07-06-15 07:14 PM

Looking awesome Gap! :up:
But please, make sure to test your imported units and objects in heavily modded SH5 and in various situations, not only in stock game or with just a few mods. :yep:
Also , keep in mind that SH5 CTDs are always direct consequence of broken and overstretched SH5 engine and it has nothing to do with players hardware. If game wants to CTD, it will do so no mater how powerful your PC is...This is proven so many times...:yep: