SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 07-30-20 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedca82 (Post 2686032)
Here is another oddity:

So I revert to the Atlantic for '43. I spawned in Kiel, hit the training targets for the training mission, then headed out to Atlantic after receiving the head to La Palice radio message. It's been quite a while and I just resupplied from a milk cow (very cool) but the home port is still Kiel? Going to keep burning time out in the black pit and hopefully it changes home port soon.

https://imgur.com/o2LSKXX

You'll be reassigned to La Pallice in 5 days, be patient...:yep:

zeus 08-01-20 02:09 PM

Is it an AI bug of destroyers that are so catchy that it is impossible to escape?
It can be fixed?

kapuhy 08-01-20 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus (Post 2686563)
Is it an AI bug of destroyers that are so catchy that it is impossible to escape?
It can be fixed?

Depends what you mean. Destroyers are often quite good and it is hard to escape. This, is not a bug.

If you mean occasional situation where destroyer follows you at long range no matter what you do but does not attack, it's called sticky destroyer, it is a bug and it can be fixed by saving and reloading your game.

zeus 08-01-20 02:24 PM

the situation is 1941 and 3 dds attack me
when I manage to avoid them and I walk away they come back for me.
It doesn't matter how far away I am. They find you again

Lucky07 08-02-20 06:31 AM

Hello there

After a big while Ive returned to sh5 ( Im used to the sobers mod list and I gave a try out for the wolves ).

Im having a issue .

Quote:

Cant get inside the external reserves of the torpedos .

Stuck at 99 % nothing happening then .

Ive been navigating a bit over the forum looking for this matter and founded this
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...86&postcount=6

Dont know if Im having some troubles here ,but I dont have those skills on my torpedo man. ( no additional addons installed Just Twos and the update )
Full reinstall ( I think I didnt load the sanpshot correctlly )

Sorry for the inconvenience , Now everything seems to work .
Having some crashes with the Tdc checker ( never happened to me before )

Texas Red 08-02-20 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky07 (Post 2686666)
Hello there

After a big while Ive returned to sh5 ( Im used to the sobers mod list and I gave a try out for the wolves ).

Im having a issue .

Full reinstall ( I think I didnt load the sanpshot correctlly )

Sorry for the inconvenience , Now everything seems to work .
Having some crashes with the Tdc checker ( never happened to me before )

You will have to activate the Torpedomans "External Torpedo Transfer" ability. You have to be stopped on the surface, and you drag the torpedo into its slot and you go talk to the Torpedoman, Kurt, and you press the second option, now the torpedo will be transferred. If you try to dive while you are still doing the transfer, you may loose your sub! A mistake I made. You can also press F12 to activate the transfer but I always do the way mentioned above.
Be careful where you do it, if you do it in the middle of air coverage, you cannot dive and you can only attack, thus you are a sitting duck.

About the CTD with your TDC checker thing, I cannot help you there.

zeus 08-03-20 04:19 PM

is there any way to modify the AI of the dds?

kapuhy 08-04-20 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus (Post 2686956)
is there any way to modify the AI of the dds?

Sure, here's how:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...46&postcount=4

vdr1981 08-04-20 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2687023)

I would also add to that variables in "data/cfg/sim.cfg" file and maybe AI sensors settings in various sim files as well...:yep:

vdr1981 08-04-20 11:04 AM

OK Captains, v2.2.20 update is ready for download. Here is the change log and few screenshots of truly awesome work our modders did, especially Kapuhy and Rosomaha...:yep:
TWoS v2.2.20 Changelog:
- Neutral Illuminated Only until_[Date] addon is now added to the main mod and it can not be disabled anymore. This means that temporarily neutral nations (like Norway, Iceland, USA ect) will use illuminated vessels only until they declare war to Germany or they join to Allies or Axis coalition. (Note: you may see on the next patrol or two few bugged ships without skin/paint but the problem will sort it self out pretty soon).
- Added latest version of "Little_Ships" package which contains several new coastal cargo ships, tankers and trawlers, created from scratch entirely by Kapuhy!. For more info check "Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\Other Readme Files and Docs\Kapuhy's Little Ships - Documentation".
- Added latest version of great looking Rosomaha's C-3 cargo liner with lots of improvements.
- Added Kapuhy's new Fairmile B Motor Launch patrol boat to regular port defense campaign layers.
- Added Targor's cool looking Wooden Lifeboats as an optional addon. Slight game freeze can be observed on less powerful systems when these lifeboats are spawned and that's why it's optional.
- Added "Missing Nav Map Coordinates_Fix" optional addon which will solve the problem of missing/hidden navigation map coordinates for people who are using large screen resolutions.
- Reverted back to original SteelViking's interior CR.gr2 and sim files in order to get rid of some occasional game crashes when game is saved and reloaded without exiting game.
- Fixed patrol missions in Monsun campaign. Added patrol zone coordinates for patrol areas near African coast.
- Some optional adons have been renamed for better understanding of their function.
- Large number of tweaks and fixes for improved game stability with recently added units.
- Number of various minor tweaks and fixes.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporter/donor: Francois Coussement. Good hunting Captains!

https://i.postimg.cc/fyDCFMpF/SH5-Im...7-16-48-15.jpg

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Download links are in my signature...

GrenSo 08-05-20 12:45 AM

Nice work! :Kaleun_Applaud:

kapuhy 08-05-20 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2687110)
OK Captains, v2.2.20 update is ready for download.

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2687110)
- Neutral Illuminated Only until_[Date] addon is now added to the main mod and it can not be disabled anymore. This means that temporarily neutral nations (like Norway, Iceland, USA ect) will use illuminated vessels only until they declare war to Germany or they join to Allies or Axis coalition. (Note: you may see on the next patrol or two few bugged ships without skin/paint but the problem will sort it self out pretty soon).

Hmm, does this mean you could use some more illuminated ships? :hmmm:

skin-nl 08-05-20 06:13 AM

Great work guys :salute:

vdr1981 08-05-20 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2687221)
:up:

Hmm, does this mean you could use some more illuminated ships? :hmmm:

Sure, why not, but I won't be able to do any modding at least until late September.

fitzcarraldo 08-05-20 12:04 PM

Great job Vecko. I see the new ships in the Museum and all looks and works fine.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute: