SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 02-06-16 05:47 AM

Hi JT
The shortcut for Silent Running is the 'Z' key.

Peter

JT1981 02-06-16 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2379686)
Hi JT

Peter

ye,i konw the shortcut is 'z' key,i want to know the key 'f8' is the same fuction as key 'Z'?

Damo 02-06-16 07:30 AM

Just a quick question regarding the 'Sub on bottom fix' in the patcher; I got hit by a plane and started flooding in the front 2 compartments, dragging the bow under and sinking in 30m of water. Hit the seabed at about 3 knts and came to rest after I dialled in a depth lower than the sea floor hoping to sit there and repair. Unfortunately, no matter what TC I set I kept jumping around and taking more damage, eventually destroying the pressure hull and bulkheads in the torpedo room, and going to a watery grave.

Next career I found some shallow water and went to periscope depth and stopped, then I dialled in a lower depth than the seabed and came to a rest on the bottom. This time, with no flooding I was able to bring up the TC without taking damage. So, if I have flooding and start to sink with no way to maintain depth off the bottom, am I screwed?

vdr1981 02-06-16 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2379650)
Im at Ebcw first patrol my designated patrol grid is an5544 ivr reached it but my objective is stil pending, any idea why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT1981 (Post 2379671)
hi,vdr,my question is when you want to rug for silent running,should i press "z" or F8?F8 will order executive officer rig for silent running,but what is the key Z doing for?

Note to all:
Check provided documentation , faq and tips section before posting a questions in order to avoid unnecessary thread spamming...

ual002 02-06-16 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2379721)
Note to all:
Check provided documentation , faq and tips section before posting a questions in order to avoid unnecessary thread spamming...

Agreed some of the more basic common questions can be found there however don't be afraid to ask the more detailed questions not covered there.

Kumando 02-06-16 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2379721)
Note to all:

Ive read it, thats not what im asking, i dindt save reloaded till i reach my patrol grid and once ive reached it, i never received the message telling to patrol to 48 or 72 hrs, thats what i asked, thanks.

palmic 02-06-16 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2379748)
Ive read it, thats not what im asking, i dindt save reloaded till i reach my patrol grid and once ive reached it, i never received the message telling to patrol to 48 or 72 hrs, thats what i asked, thanks.

Thats strange, i always get the message before i reached the circle, but it could be removed from log if you reload the game.
Try to accomplish your patrol just by looking for targets on your own (patrolling in circles gives you almost nothing anyway, only important are hits), reload game in docks and try it next patrol.

Ronowitsch 02-06-16 02:34 PM

I am happy

thank you very much ;-) very good mod

THEBERBSTER 02-06-16 03:02 PM

It would still be in the Captain's Log as a radio message showing the date and time unless you exited the game without making a save.

Peter

palmic 02-06-16 04:47 PM

As i finally found time to try 1.0.5 from friday evening i have to say every change made my experience much better yet, thank you for awesome work again.

Particularly sh5 UI as default UI is great chose, because now it allows me to order course and depth precisely without try and fails.
I like even current avatars more, because now it makes sense more than before.

Previous mods were more beautiful but very less usable, so it does make sense to have usable UI at default with possibility to make it more nice but less readable (controlable)

vdr1981 02-07-16 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2379686)
Hi JT

Peter

F8 key...

vdr1981 02-07-16 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damo (Post 2379699)
Just a quick question regarding the 'Sub on bottom fix' in the patcher; I got hit by a plane and started flooding in the front 2 compartments, dragging the bow under and sinking in 30m of water. Hit the seabed at about 3 knts and came to rest after I dialled in a depth lower than the sea floor hoping to sit there and repair. Unfortunately, no matter what TC I set I kept jumping around and taking more damage, eventually destroying the pressure hull and bulkheads in the torpedo room, and going to a watery grave.

Next career I found some shallow water and went to periscope depth and stopped, then I dialled in a lower depth than the seabed and came to a rest on the bottom. This time, with no flooding I was able to bring up the TC without taking damage. So, if I have flooding and start to sink with no way to maintain depth off the bottom, am I screwed?

This is also an old sh games issue. When you sink to the bottom due to flooding you should then:
- Sellect maintain current depth command or any other shallower depth
- use all available crew abilities for faster repairs
- don't use tc higher than x2

Note that this will only work in case your compartments aren't fully breached.

palmic 02-07-16 07:38 PM

deleted by author (OT)

Damo 02-08-16 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2379864)
This is also an old sh games issue. When you sink to the bottom due to flooding you should then:
- Sellect maintain current depth command or any other shallower depth
- use all available crew abilities for faster repairs
- don't use tc higher than x2

Note that this will only work in case your compartments aren't fully breached.

Thank you Vecko. Guess I could just avoid getting hit in the first place too right?

ptrells14 02-09-16 02:27 AM

When I ID a ship the keel depth is not represented in the TDC is this normal?