SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

SiggeMan 06-22-15 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2323197)
You've skipped step 3 probably...

Nope, double-checked and everything is set to what it should be. Im sorry for being so annyoning, im just not good with mods :P

vdr1981 06-22-15 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiggeMan (Post 2323201)
Nope, double-checked and everything is set to what it should be. Im sorry for being so annyoning, im just not good with mods :P

Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...

Code:

HasCompletedTutorial=true
If you done this you must see "Skip tutorial" question...

SiggeMan 06-22-15 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2323203)
Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...

Code:

HasCompletedTutorial=true
If you done this you must see "Skip tutorial" question...

Thanks! It works now. I thought i did this before, but seems i forgot to save it. Have a nice evening ;D

Eagle Eyes (Osborne) 06-25-15 03:54 PM

Sworking on fixing Silent Hunter 5 wolves of sleel. Need help or advice

:hmmm: :/\\!! I need to see if anybody or somebody can help me out on Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of steel mods. 1)So far I'm having problems with user charts is blank and will not shut down or turn off. 2)Problem of radio message option will not turn off. 3)I can not open up my ship reference book and also in front of book it only say OK. 4)Plus my automation chart is blank.

Adding this. I been playing the Historical or test mission to see other problems I may seen in game. There are few problems like the Nav will not update my precision on the map because there are no button option on the Nav. Otherwise the game is running good and graphic and FPS is good.

Little history of my games I play with MODS or patches added. Doom 3, All Jane's combat sim, Nascar 1 thru 5(sierra games), Ace of Deep, SH 1, 2, 3(GMX and LIVE), 4(TMO and REAL BOAT), 5 (with small MODS game working good) and World of Tanks, World of Planes and waiting on World of Ships to come out.

I am running in patch 1.2 and mod install at time is
The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 4
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation
and Genericpatcher is running on my setting Snapshot and other Snapshot 1_0_168_0 7_5_0_

Do anyone have any Answer that may help me out?

I have reinstall game. But I do have a question. I have been playing all other's SH game's with MODs in G external drive. I install SH 5 no MODS game in C drive and save all files SH5 in G external drive as backup. My SH5 with MODS are download in G external drive in another file name and a playable game. Or is the my mistake? Should play the game with MODS in C drive?

Eagle Eyes (Osborne) 06-25-15 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2323008)
vudriga!:Kaleun_Salute: and Darkandstar :Kaleun_Salute:on your first posts!; And welcome back after a 4 year silent run: Eagle Eyes (Osborne) :Kaleun_Salute:

LOL Thank all. Been busy working. I have been playing Silent Hunter games off line as well I been playing World of Tanks. Yes I been away. But back to see and check out new MODS on or for the Silent Hunter game. Plus will like to thanks everyone on a hard work with great MODS

vdr1981 06-26-15 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eyes (Osborne) (Post 2324117)
LOL Thank all. Been busy working. I have been playing Silent Hunter games off line as well I been playing World of Tanks. Yes I been away. But back to see and check out new MODS on or for the Silent Hunter game. Plus will like to thanks everyone on a hard work with great MODS

Obviously you did something wrong but I cant say what from this perspective ..
Drop few screenshots of actual game and JSGME, maybe that could help...
Also, being WoT fan wont help you much either, things are a bit more "advanced" here...:D

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 01:22 AM

Merchants and other ships visible on chart

Hi

I've been using this great mod now.
I'm a casual player since SH1!!

I'm playing the game patched, with NO real navigation. It is possible to see the merchants icons and other ships in the navigation chart? And the visibility range from him?

vdr1981 06-28-15 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324709)
Hi

I've been using this great mod now.
I'm a casual player since SH1!!

I'm playing the game patched, with NO real navigation. It is possible to see the merchants icons and other ships in the navigation chart? And the visibility range from him?

Sure, check FAQ and browse forums for TDW OFEW...:yep:

nycoroner05 06-28-15 07:56 AM

Great Mod

Outstanding mod.

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2324760)
Sure, check FAQ and browse forums for TDW OFEW...:yep:

I didn't find anything.... :/

How to see map contacts? Please help

vdr1981 06-28-15 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165721)
- I want more custom settings in order to set gameplay options to suit my playing style...
Sure..Withing the modpack is contained an awesome TDW User Options File Editor Viewer application. Search forums for more and make a good use of it...LINK

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324821)
I didn't find anything.... :/

How so?:doh:

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2324837)
How so?:doh:

Done ;)

Best regards

mendesjpcrs 06-29-15 03:02 AM

CTD's

I'm having CTD's even following all the correct procedures and settings posted for this mod. Time compression, patcher, etc.

CTD's happens most when travelling.
And telegraphs seems no responding well. Sometimes engines don't stop. And warships sometimes near england and France have strange behaviour following the sub. If the sub stop ,a single warship also stops and spins.

But worse are the CTD's...

vdr1981 06-29-15 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324936)
I'm having CTD's even following all the correct procedures and settings posted for this mod. Time compression, patcher, etc.

CTD's happens most when travelling.
And telegraphs seems no responding well. Sometimes engines don't stop. And warships sometimes near england and France have strange behaviour following the sub. If the sub stop ,a single warship also stops and spins.

But worse are the CTD's...

Reinstall the game and star new campaign . This time, try to save/restart the game at least once in 48h of sim time and between the areas reach with units (coast proximity ect). Playing with real navigation is also recommended. Most people who do not use real nav will just punch TC and take a nap until something enters rendering area. Modded SH5 just cant be played like that..
Like Sober said, play it "slow with TC low" and CTDs will be significantly reduced...

Stuck destroyers are known game bug and issue can be solved with saving and reloading .
Strange telegraph behavior is probably your fault, never saw that problem...

samdemange 06-29-15 07:59 AM

thanks a lot for this amazing mod :up: