SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Renhard 11-28-22 02:44 PM

I was looking forward to get SH5 running on windows 10, no good, not working. No simulator for U-bootswaffe for windows 10, sad.

fitzcarraldo 11-28-22 09:06 PM

Hi mates:

Really, I donīt understand this issue with the recognition manual.

I have SH5 DVD Gold Edition with TWoS 2.2.25 and other mods running on W11 Pro, 21H2, and I donīt have any issue with manual and charts.

Did you check UAC, use Steam, or what?

Here is all running very well with W11...

My list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Campaign Start_VIIB_UFlaK
TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Remove Sub Flags
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
GSE v1.2.6 by GrenSo
GSE - Radione R3
Pascal_recognition handbook_for_NewsUIs_TDC
GSE - alternative Periscope and OBS
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 1. Main mod
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 2.b 3x increased tree density
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 3. Season fine-tunings (only DynEnv and TWoS users)
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 4.a Full resolution tree textures
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 5.a Full resolution detail masks
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - Testing missions
Bstanko6's AlarmClock
Cameras without flicks
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
_1_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 Basemod
_2_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
_o_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
_o_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
_o_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
_o_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
_o_Stormys DBSM_TWos SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
_o_Stormys_DBSM_TWos_additional_creaks_and_noises_ 1.0
Air Force for TWoS 2224_re-saved
Compans_Sub chatter
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
Das Boot Departure Theme
Das Boot Gramophone music by Navuhodonosor
DeckKannon
Pascal_sh5_Radio_Paris
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms_version12
Realistic Diveplane Gauges for New UI TDC 7.5.0
TWoS Map Contacts Colors
U-190s KM NavMap&Tools&Pencil
Visible Date of Awards for TWoS v1.1
Warfox deck crew always whispering SH5 German Version
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits v 1.2
DynEnv v2.9 - 6. Sleet for Winter Campaigns
SKIN_VIIC_ArcticCamo_byTheBeast
TDW Round Fire Button v12 by Torpedo
Kriegsmarine Medals by U-190
DynEnv v2.9 - 8.c Wave Mechanics - Hurricane
DasBootSehrohr
DBLS for TWoS
Bstanko's Night Filter
SeawolvesVoices
TWoS Missing Nav Map Coordinates_Fix
Conus' Das Boot Crew Faces
RUSTED GLORY SH5 (LIGHTS ONLY)
TWoS Real Navigation
TWoS Encrypted BdU Orders


https://i.imgur.com/8gcp8Dk.jpg

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 11-29-22 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renhard (Post 2839937)
I was looking forward to get SH5 running on windows 10, no good, not working. No simulator for U-bootswaffe for windows 10, sad.

If you'd supply some details of what you did, where you installed the game, and if you applied any mods, that would allow someone to help. I have the game running fine on two Win10 installs, and a Win7 install. The only thing I have had trouble with was Win11, in that I could not get it installed on the machine, but that probably has more to do with my machine and the Win11 Home config as anything. Let us know some information about your Win10 install, amount of RAM, cpu, graphics card, etc., as well as where you installed the game. :salute:

JerseySeven 11-29-22 10:21 PM

@Fitzcarraldo

I'm glad that you don't have problems with your install. There are a number of us who can't say the same thing.
I'm running 22H2, not 21H2. maybe it makes a difference. Not Steam. Ubisoft download. UAC is not a problem.

I can tell you that I never had a problem running it under Win10. I haven't run it under Win11 until a few weeks ago. Is it the 22H2 update? Try it and see if you still don't have any problems. Or, less invasive, set read-only status on all .dds files in the folder. It would be interesting to find if your recognition manual also freezes on one picture.

SH3 onealex 1.52 runs with no problem. SH4 Fortsu runs with no problems. KSDII Ace Edition runs with no problem. In fact, it is only SH5 TWoS that has a problem. I'm not imagining that critical dds files with charts and ship recognition pics disappear! That is why I have read-only selected.

Microsoft says they will not address the 22H2 problems until the next update, whatever that means. Maybe that will end the problem?

Propnut17 11-30-22 04:49 AM

I downloaded and installed 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5020044) today, so is that the latest you mention?

fitzcarraldo 11-30-22 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySeven (Post 2840150)
@Fitzcarraldo

I'm glad that you don't have problems with your install. There are a number of us who can't say the same thing.
I'm running 22H2, not 21H2. maybe it makes a difference. Not Steam. Ubisoft download. UAC is not a problem.

I can tell you that I never had a problem running it under Win10. I haven't run it under Win11 until a few weeks ago. Is it the 22H2 update? Try it and see if you still don't have any problems. Or, less invasive, set read-only status on all .dds files in the folder. It would be interesting to find if your recognition manual also freezes on one picture.

SH3 onealex 1.52 runs with no problem. SH4 Fortsu runs with no problems. KSDII Ace Edition runs with no problem. In fact, it is only SH5 TWoS that has a problem. I'm not imagining that critical dds files with charts and ship recognition pics disappear! That is why I have read-only selected.

Microsoft says they will not address the 22H2 problems until the next update, whatever that means. Maybe that will end the problem?

I updated to W11 Pro 22H2 and the game runs well. Maybe because I have the DVD Gold? Wonder what is the problem.:k_confused:

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

grimsteel 12-03-22 09:07 AM

So, finally after some months i got into the mood for TWoS again just to find my Ship Recognition Manual bugged and the User Charts being all just black under Windows 11 :wah:
I think i found the solution after some hours of fiddling around.

Something is bugged with the recognitionmanual.dds (in data\Menu\Gui\SOAN), probably some compression issue. My theory is SH5 trys to load this file before all the images of ships and the UserChart stuff and encounters a problem, leading to all the images normally loaded afterwards to not load.

Simple solution:
Install a submod that replaces the texture for the ship recognition manual, for example Pascals Version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/im25vg...s_TDC.zip/file


Everything is working again for me :yeah:

fitzcarraldo 12-03-22 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimsteel (Post 2840729)
So, finally after some months i got into the mood for TWoS again just to find my Ship Recognition Manual bugged and the User Charts being all just black under Windows 11 :wah:
I think i found the solution after some hours of fiddling around.

Something is bugged with the recognitionmanual.dds (in data\Menu\Gui\SOAN), probably some compression issue. My theory is SH5 trys to load this file before all the images of ships and the UserChart stuff and encounters a problem, leading to all the images normally loaded afterwards to not load.

Simple solution:
Install a submod that replaces the texture for the ship recognition manual, for example Pascals Version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/im25vg...s_TDC.zip/file


Everything is working again for me :yeah:

I use that mod (Pascal's) from the last year. Maybe this is the reason because I don't have problems with W11...

Good to know. Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

JerseySeven 12-03-22 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2840737)
I use that mod (Pascal's) from the last year. Maybe this is the reason because I don't have problems with W11...

Good to know. Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:


Seriously? This is what screws up the charts and the UZO?
Downloading now.


Thank you Fitzcarraldo for helping shed light on this mystery. And thank you grimsteel for the link and (I hope... will find out soon) the solution!

Torpedo 12-03-22 12:51 PM

No silhouttes in Recognition Book
 
Hi everyone!
After several tries, I've lost count...I manage to get the UZO working and the various charts. The only thing I can't see in the recognition book is the profile of the individual ships, i.e. the file "NDD_Type34A_sil.dds" referring to the NDD_Type34 for example, obviously I tried with all the ships, while I can see the images of the ships. In the image is a Liberty Cargo. They are all blank the files *_sil.dds in the recognition book.
I tried to use the "Pascal_recognition handbook_for_NewsUIs_TDC" mod but unfortunately the problem is not solved for silhouttes. UZO OK, charts OK but I don't have the silhouettes in the recognition book!
I tried using Fitzcarraldo's mods, but no positive results.


https://i.postimg.cc/85LdGKjw/nosilhouette.jpg

:k_confused:

Torpedo

kobiwaldi 12-03-22 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimsteel (Post 2840729)
So, finally after some months i got into the mood for TWoS again just to find my Ship Recognition Manual bugged and the User Charts being all just black under Windows 11 :wah:
I think i found the solution after some hours of fiddling around.

Something is bugged with the recognitionmanual.dds (in data\Menu\Gui\SOAN), probably some compression issue. My theory is SH5 trys to load this file before all the images of ships and the UserChart stuff and encounters a problem, leading to all the images normally loaded afterwards to not load.

Simple solution:
Install a submod that replaces the texture for the ship recognition manual, for example Pascals Version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/im25vg...s_TDC.zip/file


Everything is working again for me :yeah:

Working - Ty! :Kaleun_Applaud:

Aktungbby 12-03-22 01:26 PM

Welcome back!
 
kobiwaldi!:Kaleun_Salute: back on the surface after a 5 year 'silent run':up:

JerseySeven 12-06-22 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2840765)
Hi everyone!
I tried to use the "Pascal_recognition handbook_for_NewsUIs_TDC" mod but unfortunately the problem is not solved for silhouttes. UZO OK, charts OK but I don't have the silhouettes in the recognition book!
I tried using Fitzcarraldo's mods, but no positive results.
Torpedo


Sorry to hear that. I think it's working on my install. I didn't get to test it more that about 15 min.

Two things:
1. Did you remember to remove "read-only" status on all the .dds files?
2. Are the .dds files still there in the folder or did they get erased?


I'll do more checking on my end when I get the chance. Hope it gets solved for you, Herr Kaleun!

Torpedo 12-07-22 03:58 AM

Silhouttes...
 
Hi JerseySeven!
Thank you for your advice and I'll get back to you right away:

1) yes I removed the "read-only -r" attribute from all .dds files.
I think you are referring only to the files contained in the "Sea" folder. Is that it? So is only the "Archive -a" attribute to be activated? that's what I did, but unfortunately the silhouettes are not seen in handbook. I checked that the .dds files don't have particular characteristics, such as the alpha channel activated for transparency, but the files all look fine and are visible with all graphic file reading programs.

2) the .dds files are present in the Sea folder and have not been deleted.

For now I use the recognition manual as is, but I would like to have everything working!
Thanks again JerrySeven!

Torpedo :Kaleun_Cheers:

P.S. Windows11 PRO v. 22H2 and I would say that from W7 until W10 I have never had any problems in many years with SH5!

JerseySeven 12-07-22 07:33 PM

I'm not just referring to the .dds in the Sea folder. I went to the main Silent Hunter 5 folder, selected "Search Silent Hunter 5" and put .dds in the search box. There are .dds in the TWOS parts folder, a bunch in data/menu/skins, data/LngGamedata, data/Textures (both TLowRes and TNormal). I had previously set everything to read only. So I removed it from all .dds.


In the search window, Ctrl+A to highlight all the files, right click, then select properties, then uncheck read only.


Probably shouldn't matter if you are loading Pascal's Handbook last in the JSGME list.


Of course, there may be something else going on for you... just don't know what else it might be.

Torpedo 12-07-22 07:50 PM

Ok but what is the attribute you gave to all the .dds files: A = archive? or did you not select any attribute? However all my .dds files in SH5 are set with attribute "a": only archive.

JerseySeven 12-20-22 08:36 PM

Hi Torpedo,
Sorry, it's been a busy few weeks.


So, I search for all .dds, or hell, just click on the entire Silent Hunter 5 folder,
right click, and then select "properties" from the pop up menu. I only see 3 things under "Attributes": two check boxes (Read only; Hidden) and an Advanced button. I just make sure that the "Read only" checkbox is clear. That's all!

Torpedo 12-25-22 04:05 AM

Hi JerseySeven!
I did everything you suggested but I can't see the *_sil.dds file of all ships in Recognition book. Problem that other captains also have and it seems that it depends on the W11 update to 22H2. It doesn't happen to everyone and that's the mystery!

Torpedo:Kaleun_Salute:

Danny12silent 01-05-23 11:40 AM

Sh5
 
i am having a lot of trubble. i had silent hunter 5 installed on my old windows 8 worked fine. had to use key code worked fine. now that the windows 8 Sh*t the bed i installed it on my new dell inspiron 15 3000 log on to ubiconect enter keycode does not work how can i fix this.

Aktungbby 01-05-23 01:09 PM

Welcome aboard!
 
Danny12silent!:Kaleun_Salute:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.