SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 01-25-14 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2168004)
If you really want to use automatic target recognition, which is a bit unrealistic IMO especially because you can recognize a ship 20+km away...

I couldn't agree more :yep:

Mikemike47 01-25-14 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von faust (Post 2167757)
I have try made some change with OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe (HUD folder) but without success

Maybe this will help:
Updated OptionsFileEditorViewer app (v1.0.32.0): http://www.mediafire.com/?50a7d3ln2j5g2ej
This updated version has language packs and allows you to resize the window. It also has a new File command: File-->Reports-->Hot keys that creates a file in the applications path that lists all the hotkeys used by the mod and their status. This version also adds the familiar enabled/disabled icons that the Generic Patcher uses for a Boolean options.

How to use OptionsEditorViewer app: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202346

Hotkey update information for Trevally to update for "how to use TDW options editor. I sent a PM to him.

Cond 01-26-14 01:52 AM

Thank's for your reply Vdr. I never knew that I mustn't save near AI units and mustn't overwrite my old savegames.

What do you think ? Should I start a new campaign ? Or is is okay if I continue my campaign from a previous save game and in the future I won't overwrite any savegames at all ?

I think Stoian's mod is compatible because so far hasn't got any CTD what was affected by the changed renown values required by ugrades.

Vegeta 01-26-14 04:50 AM

So now I have played for several hours and no CTD of any kind, i had friendly taskforce destroyed ships infront of me and Luftwaffe sink ships that was mine :shifty:

But few things that caught my mind,

first the sonar guy, he's working but it seems that he finds target and double report it, then he loses it and finds it again and this "loop" continues forever til I surface or getting out of range

Second a lot of orders I give are always double repeated from the crew like engage batteri recharge

Over all everything works like a charm so thank you again all modders and vdr1981

Homuth 01-26-14 07:13 AM

Great mod, no CTD or performance issues at all.

For beginner like me it was a little overwhelming to use real navigation but I now get how it works and I like it. I still can't home in a torpedo properly on a target but I'm working on that.

But there's one problem. During a daring attempt to attack an enemy convoy West of Ireland, I was spotted and deptcharged for over 12 hours. During which my navigator was wounded. He's no longer able to calculate my position every 2 hours. He's been wounded for some days now, and I'm afraid I'm going to crash into either the Irish rock shore or the French. Help?

Gerald 01-26-14 07:45 AM

^Welcome to SubSim Homuth :salute:

LeeHower 01-26-14 08:04 AM

Thank's for help vdr.:rock: I know not much realistic,however from i was reading in diary of my grandpa, they always discuss about identification ship, when have time do this. So i can try itself and after that let officer do idntification and see how correct i was :yeah:
Thank you

Homuth 01-26-14 09:03 AM

I figured it out.

Here's how to fix it for anyone yet to have the issue of having permanent wounded officers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1642396)
Try deleting the UPCInitial and the UserPlayerContextGE folders in C:\Users\Documents\SH5. Copy them, just in case it doesn't work or messes with your game, and restart the game......

When you launch the game after having done the fix, you load your last save game and when you are inside the submarine, wait for 2-3 minutes and your crew members will lose their wounded status. So be patient for a little while for the red layer to disappear.

Anlauf beginnt!

vdr1981 01-26-14 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homuth (Post 2168235)
I figured it out.

Here's how to fix it for anyone yet to have the issue of having permanent wounded officers:

When you launch the game after having done the fix, you load your last save game and when you are inside the submarine, wait for 2-3 minutes and your crew members will lose their wounded status. So be patient for a little while for the red layer to disappear.

Anlauf beginnt!

That's one hell of the exploit...:D

Cond 01-26-14 05:11 PM

Thank's for the tip Vdr. It was the save games what caused the problems. Please correct me Vdr if I'm wrong but I read the forums for days now and haven't found any instructions like this on any modder's mod.

Why isn't it a main footnote on every mod ? Because I think it's quite important to mention that you can't save near any ship. And I think it's not a common knowledge to know that.

It's very strange for me sorry about that.

By the way I restarted the campaign and that was enough.

It seems that Stoianm's upgrade mod is compatible with this pack.

diablo82 01-27-14 02:12 PM

Is this MOD will work with my version of the game. I SH5 ver.1.2.0, the original downloaded and registered in uplay.com (not bought on DVD).

SnipersHunter 01-27-14 02:24 PM

Nice:arrgh!:

Sjizzle 01-27-14 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo82 (Post 2168674)
Is this MOD will work with my version of the game. I SH5 ver.1.2.0, the original downloaded and registered in uplay.com (not bought on DVD).

it's work ...
and also work the generic patcher too if is not a steam version ...

Skvid 01-28-14 08:00 AM

Hey.

Huge thanks for a modpack, it saves a lot of hassle. I hope you keep working on it and improving it.

However, even after aplying the patch, compass nav tool continues to be misaligned (others tools are working properly now, however marks are a bit off when i try to place them)

I also have an issue with one of the mods, im not sure which one causes it but my underwater vision looks like ****, its very distorted and pixely and it seems like someone sticked a shiny foil film in front of my periscope. Is there anyway to disable this mod?

Also while i agree that das boot is an awesome film... change of the portraits i can deal with... but overwriting audio files for my crew with the ones that are cut out from that film (with all the ambient sounds and whatnot) just doesn't work, im sorry. It sounds completely out of place.

diablo82 01-28-14 08:32 AM

How to run the tutorial? I click on any tutorial but nothing happens.

Myxale 01-28-14 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo82 (Post 2168902)

If you followed the instruction, the Tutorial is considered Completed!

Step 3:
Start new campaign and exit the game. Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:
HasCompletedTutorial=true

Trevally. 01-28-14 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo82 (Post 2168902)

To start any tutorial you must click on Tutorial in the main menu screen.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8...rialselect.png

Then select the tutorial you want to run, from the list.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6...anualtdc90.png

Next click on Historical Missions. If the tutorial requires a set mission, it will be highlighted for you. Click on it. You will see the u-boat selection switch to this mission
If no missions are highlighted, select any one of them.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/

Finally click start and the mission will load and the tutorial will start.

trebby 01-29-14 04:32 AM

:rock:Awsome Job vdr1981!

Re-installed SH5 after almost 2 years to try this....

One more try to see what has happened since late 2012 with a simple talk through, just what I needed.

I will have to learn real Navigation, but that might be an enrichment...

The only Thing I would like to Change is the underwater blurry effect.

Do you have a file that corrects that? I even prefer one with a very limited visibility, a la openingsscene dasboot.

If youre too busy maybe you can tell me which file to replace with one from another mod, if that is doable?

Thanks for sharing your great work,

Trebb.

BigBANGtheory 01-29-14 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2167202)
So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .

What people want I think is a gentle learning curve, introducing more realism over time and then ending up with DCS : U-boat

Your mod list Sober is a good example in that caters well for the more experienced player, I consider it aspirational.

The other day I did my first venture into Scapa Flow, on the way out I died for what appeared to be no apparent reason I actually thought the game glitched me out and I collided with the terrain. It wasn't until my 3rd attempt that I used External View camera and saw my first mines in SH5. Had I not seen that and assumed wrongly that it was a glitch I'd have probably given up. Next time I go to Scapa Flow I'll do it without map updates and external cam :cool:

Paajtor 01-29-14 09:04 AM

@BigBANGtheory

If you think you're in mines-infected waters, just raise your observation-scope just enough to get a view forward over the edge of the conning-tower.
Use it to scan for mines in front of your sub (during the day, obviously), as you can tilt it down just enough to see your bow up ahead.