SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Leon0803 08-01-18 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon0803 (Post 2563441)
sooo for some reason when i receive a radio message it wont show up in the radio log until i save and reload....


is there any suggestion why that is? :C


help :c

XenonSurf 08-01-18 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon0803 (Post 2563441)
sooo for some reason when i receive a radio message it wont show up in the radio log until i save and reload....


is there any suggestion why that is? :C


With 'Radio Log' you mean the message box on the lower right? Here NOT ALL radio messages will appear, you must check your CAPTAIN'S LOG in regular fashion to get news about convoy contacts spotted around the world, or other important info from BDU adressed to you specifically. The radio messages appearing in the message box (grey messages) are for 'entertainment' only, although historically correct in most cases, but you WILL NOT find contacts where they say. Instead, red messages and those from Captain's Log WILL have contacts where they say.
Then, to save all this info you must save it via the captain's log icon, give it a dedicated name and reload it after you have reloaded your save (be sure to load the correct one!). Supermarks on the map are also saved with this system.


I hope I made it clear, my English is lowing life recently...

Captain_AJ 08-01-18 10:23 AM

once in awhile
 
This is a common weather thing In the north Atlantic I would love to see this represented in the game where can I tweak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPy2DHHnlqQ

XenonSurf 08-01-18 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563575)
This is a common weather thing In the north Atlantic I would love to see this represented in the game where can I tweak?


Nice pic...:)
An idea, I don't know if it works:

Take the mod 'Deckgun Friendly Waves', what it does is make the waves SMALLER for easier deck gun operations. Take the files in the mod and tweak them in the opposite way, you should get what you want, but will the game be still playable? Let's see...Tell us how it works!


In reallity, I guess it was simplier for a sub to move 1/3 speed submerged for long time instead of being slowed down (and subject to detection) on surface with such high waves. A sub would then surface at night to recharge batteries. Also such 'Kavenzmänner' would be very dangerous for a sub, subs (even today) are miserable ships that demand to be submerged...

Topp1967 08-01-18 01:30 PM

Enigma Problem
 
Hi Captains

Have finally decided to move onto TWOS and I am very impressed! Some piece of work, I mean thanks to all involved its pretty awesome.

I tried using the enigma machine - successfully - however after I miss typed a character then cleared it the 4th rotor keeps rotating every time I key a new character. I disabled the enigma mod and started a new career as I had made a backside of my first attempt at my SH5 career, however since reactivating the enigma option every key stroke causes the 4th rotor to rotate one space - any advice would be most appreciated as it is infuriating me.

Muckenberg 08-02-18 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2563588)
Nice pic...:)
An idea, I don't know if it works:

Take the mod 'Deckgun Friendly Waves', what it does is make the waves SMALLER for easier deck gun operations. Take the files in the mod and tweak them in the opposite way, you should get what you want, but will the game be still playable? Let's see...Tell us how it works!


In reallity, I guess it was simplier for a sub to move 1/3 speed submerged for long time instead of being slowed down (and subject to detection) on surface with such high waves. A sub would then surface at night to recharge batteries. Also such 'Kavenzmänner' would be very dangerous for a sub, subs (even today) are miserable ships that demand to be submerged...


Hello
If I know so in Generic Patcher it is possible to activate the wind 60m / s. If it does increase waves, unfortunately, it is not known.
Does not it also have to adjust the movement of the submarine on the surface if there were such waves? I mean, without a GP.

skipjack578 08-02-18 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563575)
This is a common weather thing In the north Atlantic I would love to see this represented in the game where can I tweak?

You can tweak wave properties with Silent 3ditor in file:
SH5\Data\Scene.dat

Under:
Node - Sky > EnvSim > Wind > WavesProperties

I was experimenting with high waves before, if you set them too high you will get all kinds of glitches like flying sub in the air, ships sinking and so on...so good luck.

Neugeniko 08-02-18 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563480)
it is ok to save at any time!!

I hear different but I'm not sure of specifics.


Quote:

The keys were default pre-mod config you can personalize when using TWOS
OK, but what is the difference between key (f8 silent running ability) and key (z silent running speed)?

Quote:

Contacts are visible when it comes to being close enough usually 11000 meters. your watch officer will estimate all targets when asked
Not sure how to get him to estimate ALL targets, please clarify.

Neugeniko 08-02-18 03:49 AM

Hi again,
How do I run on one engine in rough weather? The automatic 'standard propulsion' command from waves seems to enable both shafts all the time!

Cheers,
Neug

XenonSurf 08-02-18 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neugeniko (Post 2563647)
I hear different but I'm not sure of specifics


With TWoS you can save at all times (but in differnt slots !!), with other modlists the answer is NO, you can get CTDs with damaged ships or planes nearby. Do not save in these situations..

Captain_AJ 08-03-18 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topp1967 (Post 2563592)
Hi Captains

Have finally decided to move onto TWOS and I am very impressed! Some piece of work, I mean thanks to all involved its pretty awesome.

I tried using the enigma machine - successfully - however after I miss typed a character then cleared it the 4th rotor keeps rotating every time I key a new character. I disabled the enigma mod and started a new career as I had made a backside of my first attempt at my SH5 career, however since reactivating the enigma option every key stroke causes the 4th rotor to rotate one space - any advice would be most appreciated as it is infuriating me.


follow this video carefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5LZvytKrys&t=488s

Topp1967 08-04-18 02:25 AM

Enigma Problem
 
Thanks Capt AJ

Doh!! I didn't pick up that the last wheel is meant to rotate!!

Neugeniko 08-04-18 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neugeniko (Post 2563648)
Hi again,
How do I run on one engine in rough weather? The automatic 'standard propulsion' command from waves seems to enable both shafts all the time!

Cheers,
Neug

I was able to fix this bug by commenting out a couple lines in the menu\page layout script. Specifically where it says -

Pagelayout_HPTimer.RemoveThenAddItem( TimerID_SwitchToStdPropulsionNoMessage, -1, SwitchingToStdPropulsionNoMessageTD, False, True )

I'm still checking whether this causes any other bugs.

SS Norholm 08-04-18 03:42 AM

Morning folks,
Just started playing TWOS again after a few months break. All re-installed/updated and up and running.

Big thanks to Vecko and others for the outstanding mod......it seems to run even smoother than before!

One question/request though if I may......is there any way I can increase the volume of the sub engines, both diesel and electric?
Preferably without using a mod?
They seem to be quieter than before.

Thanks again folks.....keep up the good work!

John.

Nixis 08-04-18 03:50 AM

Just want to say thank you
 
Ahoy all Kaleun's!

I wanted to shout out a big THANK YOU to Vecko, all the modders, everyone who is participating in this Thread and on Subsim.com. It is just amazing to see what Vecko and all of you are doing for this community, much love! Without you SH5 would feed the fishes.

Some weeks ago, after a couple of years in silent running, I decided to take a look again at my beloved Subsim genre. I found TWoS on Empty Cups youtube and immediately went for Subsim.com. A few years ago I already played SH5 with some great Mods from the community. But what I found here was simply mind blowing. For me TWoS is just what SH5 should have been from the beginning, a smoothly working "hardcore" simulation. For a Mod the installation was easy and comfortable, and with all the documentation I've no problems on my side.

Today (on the 10th of September 1939) I will finish my first War Patrol from Memel with around 19.000 GRT in merchant shipping sunk. In this Patrol I sank an enemy "U-Type" Submarine, witnessed german Stukas attack and sank a Polish Minelayer, had several duds, encrypted some radio messages with the Enigma, saw illuminated neutral Ships, stunning looking Ports and much more. Things I never saw in stock SH5. I still can't believe that on my next Mission I will be Prien and break into the Fortress. This will be my first time I'll enter an enemy Port and I'm really afraid of Mines and Nets. But like U-47, I will make it.

This is no less than a dream come true. Thanks again and as we would say in Germany: "Ein dreifaches Hurra auf unseren Flottensachverständigen Vecko! Hurra, Hurra, Hurra!". I'll hope the beer is chilled and tasty.

Sebastian "Nixis" Walter :salute:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.