SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 03-16-17 02:03 PM

Does the campaign transfer work flawlessly with "internet versions" of the game? Did Ubisoft really screw it up with Uplay that much?

Bard Skye 03-16-17 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2463546)
I am on first mission of Drumbeat. Can somebody tell me how to succesfuly resupply? I receiving coordinates with "x" on map, but when i come there, there is no resupply ship or u boat...I tried many times with resupply and everytime other position? Sorry for my bad english. Thank you...

Having similar problem. Also on Drumbeat mission #1. When I reach U-boat refueling point, there is no milch cow. The mission change exclamation mark appears and the Captain's Log says rendezvous and refueling complete, but no gas in the tanks. Resupply skimmer becomes available, but resupply will only fill fuel tanks since I still have a full load of torpedoes. And that's wasted the only resupply available for the mission.

THEBERBSTER 03-16-17 06:07 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Bard Skye
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Its a long time ago since I have done Drumbeat.
At the time I remember I had to use the Radio Man's command to request refueling.

OldCoder 03-17-17 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2473139)
Does the campaign transfer work flawlessly with "internet versions" of the game? Did Ubisoft really screw it up with Uplay that much?

All versions appear to suffer similarly, unfortunately, in that the campaign dependencies will either initialise in a working state or failed state, seemingly at random on the first "long" load. After giving up trying to find a fix, I wrote the Campaign Advance Verifier to detect the situation (which it does), and to provide a chance for the player to return to menu and reload (which usually results in the campaign initialising correctly).

The problem stems from a gamepipe that's setup between SH5 exe and OSI exe. OSI acts as the pipe server, and SH5 connects to it as a client. SH5 sends requests to OSI via the pipe, and OSI responds.

What happens when SH5 campaign loads is that a whole bunch of requests are sent to OSI. What is not known at this time (though could be found by using system API monitoring tools) is whether SH5 sometimes fails to send the right information, or whether it DOES send the right info but OSI fails to respond. Either way, it leaves SH5 campaign transfer in a broken state. When the campaign initialises correctly however, campaign transfer seems to work fine.

vdr1981 03-17-17 01:15 PM

Check for new update...:)

Quote:

v1.06.10
- Disabled interaction menu for crewman Max Bauer (the guy in stern torpedo room) since he hasn't any interaction options.
- Removed unnecessary leftover mods from "Generic Patcher/MODS" folder.
- Katze's Moon phase fix.
- Revised few first Enigma messages.
- Waves shape tweaks.
- Merged several environmental "RealEnvironment" and "DynEnv v2.9" tweaks in order to get the best from both quality Env mods for SH5 (Kudos to W clear, gap and all modders involved in development).

fitzcarraldo 03-17-17 07:08 PM

Downloading now...To check tomorrow.

Many thanks for the great and constant work. TWoS ever better.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

MCM 03-18-17 04:24 AM

What a great and constant work you are doing for the community!!! This is outstanding!!! I admire your work and knowledge to fix the game :yeah::subsim:

THEBERBSTER 03-18-17 05:32 AM

Seconded :Kaleun_Salute:

Muckenberg 03-18-17 05:48 AM

Great job Vecko. This environment is really nice. Sea is just wonderful. In one of your answers you mentioned that you could add to the game AI submarine type IX. Do you have a plan in some nearby update?
I am sorry for my English.

MCM 03-18-17 07:22 AM

I think priority number one should be working campagne date issue fixes what seems to be a hell of a job. Thank you Ubisoft by the way for making it extra difficult.

OldCoder 03-18-17 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2473477)
I think priority number one should be working campagne date issue fixes what seems to be a hell of a job. Thank you Ubisoft by the way for making it extra difficult.

Campaign advance verifier mod is the closest there is presently since it ensures the transfer will work for the current campaign play session. I don't know if anybody will manage to resolve the underlying problem but at least with this mod you know up front if it's working.

fitzcarraldo 03-18-17 12:13 PM

Reporting problem:

After installed update 10, I would to change some options with OFEV. The cfg file of OFEV wasn´t present, so, starting OFEV.exe, it generates a cfg file but with missing entries.

It was impossible for me to launch OFEV and use it with that cfg file.

I resolved the issue using the OFEV folder of the pre-TWoS autoinstaller (present in Data\Applications). I use the cfg file from this version, launch OFEV and now all works fine. But I think update 10 changes something and OFEV is unusable.

Best regards.

vdr1981 03-19-17 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2473534)
Reporting problem:

After installed update 10, I would to change some options with OFEV. The cfg file of OFEV wasn´t present, so, starting OFEV.exe, it generates a cfg file but with missing entries.

It was impossible for me to launch OFEV and use it with that cfg file.

That's how OFEV actually works...You start the app, set path to necessary files and use it afterwards... :yep: Check OFEV readme...

skin-nl 03-19-17 05:49 AM

Hi Vecko

Update .10 looks great (environment :yeah:)
But is there an option to add the kriegsfahne on the flagpole of the wintergarden?

Michael

fitzcarraldo 03-19-17 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2473621)
That's how OFEV actually works...You start the app, set path to necessary files and use it afterwards... :yep: Check OFEV readme...

Ever I used OFEV with the pre-autoinstaller, I opened the cfg, change the unit ("C:" with "E:", my unit), start OFEV and "open"; then I have all the options to change. With the update 10, the cfg don´t exist; I need to start OFEV first; then the program creates the cfg, but I have to enter manually all the paths.

No problem for me; I copy/paste the folder of a manually installed TWoS to the data\applications folder, and all works fine. But the autoinstaller in my installation creates a OFEV folder without a cfg file. The old manually installed TWoS 1.6 had a cfg file for OFEV.

Regards.