SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

leovampire 12-20-07 01:36 AM

that looks like the same problem Skwasjer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater
got an error trying to load Torpedo_Air_US.sim

http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php...fca92ac46g.jpg

Reported himself about the bombs as well. Something about the DAt files in certain things.

He said he was working on a fix for it in a day or 2.

tater 12-20-07 01:44 AM

Yeah, figured it might be related, but also figured that more data might make his life easier :yep:

leovampire 12-20-07 01:46 AM

true

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater
Yeah, figured it might be related, but also figured that more data might make his life easier :yep:

Anything that comes up as a problem opening I am using the old one for in the mean time till he makes repairs.

tater 12-20-07 01:54 AM

Yeah. The new one opens stuff that I would otherwise be using the SH3 analyzer and rules for though.

Doesn't like any of the torpedoes.sim files. Won't open any val files, either.

Very very cool none the less.

skwasjer 12-20-07 02:22 AM

I'm sorry, I screwed up. I wanted to get it out last night but in the process I forgot about a new feature I was working on. Well, I didn't really forget about it but one internal flag is set wrong, causing this whole mess. While this feature isn't really all too special it causes the controller parser to parse some SH4 controllers as SH3 controllers. And since they differ in some scenario's, S3D goes flat on it's face.

*.val files trip on the ShipWake controller. Will be fixed shortly.
*.sim files I haven't looked at, but my guess is a similar issue.
[edit] yes, the torpedo-sim files also have the ShipWake controller, same bug.[/edit]

There seems to be another issue with multiple model references to a single model. This issue may be a bit harder to solve.

I've seen this in:

bombs.dat, EventCamera.dat, both torp.dat files.

I've done a quick run again through rougly 1000 files and all of them work fine except for the above issues.

As far as the uxTheme bug, yes, officially I only support XP/Vista. I will see if I can fix the bug in question though as I assume the rest of the app works ok then.

An update will come asap. Keep reports coming :up:

[edit] tater, can you send me your guns&radars sim file that causes the problem. I can't seem to replicate it on any of the 3.

skwasjer 12-20-07 05:11 AM

I've got a new release ready that fixes some of the bugs found earlier: v1.5.1. See first page for link. Uninstall v0.5 first, because this release replaces it.

PS: does anyone happen to have the v0.2 download? Unfortunately I have deleted it from my server by accident and apperently I haven't got a backup on my pc. I want to put this download up again as well, for people that want to run both versions side-by-side.

lurker_hlb3 12-20-07 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
I've got a new release ready that fixes some of the bugs found earlier: v1.5.1. See first page for link. Uninstall v0.5 first, because this release replaces it.

PS: does anyone happen to have the v0.2 download? Unfortunately I have deleted it from my server by accident and apperently I haven't got a backup on my pc. I want to put this download up again as well, for people that want to run both versions side-by-side.

http://files.filefront.com/S3D+03msi.../fileinfo.html

skwasjer 12-20-07 09:15 AM

Thanks lurker_hlb3. I'll rehost the file. Have you tried if the new release I posted this morning still gives you the uxtheme bug? I think it should be fixed...

tater 12-20-07 09:27 AM

Doh, I sa A file. Hang, it's not stock. brb

tater

tater 12-20-07 09:36 AM

Wierd, I opened the one I was working on last night... and it opened this morning.

skwasjer 12-20-07 09:39 AM

Heh... And you haven't updated yet?

tater 12-20-07 09:42 AM

Hadn't updated. The only other ones were my DC mod, and an AI torpedo WIP (doesn't work). Pretty sure it was the AI torpedo one, too. opened.

lurker_hlb3 12-20-07 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Thanks lurker_hlb3. I'll rehost the file. Have you tried if the new release I posted this morning still gives you the uxtheme bug? I think it should be fixed...

works fine, long time with v0.51

skwasjer 12-20-07 03:52 PM

Found a bug when you undo a change of a value in property chunk, I will hold the fix for a day just in case more issues are found

Code:

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to set value '0,16' for property 'EncapsulatedValue'
 at dp.a(Object A_0, String A_1, Object A_2)
 at dp.a()
 at b3.c()
 at a2.d()
 at g.b(Int32 A_0)
 at g.c()
 at ew.b(Component A_0)
 at ew.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnButtonClick(EventArgs e)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
 at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

UBOAT234 12-21-07 06:15 AM

Many thanks skwasjer,

:sunny::sunny::sunny: Merry Christmas to you and your family :sunny::sunny::sunny:

:sunny::sunny::sunny: Merry Christmas to all :sunny::sunny::sunny: